• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVIL

If I'm close enough to you to knife without you gunning me down you deserve to be knifed. Front, back, side, doesn't matter.

You don't want knifing to become a twitch thing like in COD, where its a panic button whenever a guy gets to close. honestly, knifing is the dumbest shit ever and 90% of the time you have a bigger guarantee to kill them with your side arm or primary then a knife. So if you miss the knife or things go awol because of netcode issues or even simple lag, you screwed your team over because the guy is free to kill your buddies.

Keep it simple stupid:
indiana-jones-gun-beats-sword-o.gif

Spl1nter

I want a stealth jet buff/nerf. More damage from main gun to vehicles and infantry. Bf3 level while nerfing it's damage to attack and transport heli. Attack jet gun also needs a nerf against those two.

Not what I am referring to there.

it was for me. that clutter is one of the reasons i don't like iron sights on most guns. it's very easy to lose what you're trying to look at for all the other shit lighting up.

and my favorites are when i see the icon for a teammate who is actually behind an enemy but because they're almost stride for stride, it looks like the enemy is an ally.

scogoth

I want a stealth jet buff/nerf. More damage from main gun to vehicles and infantry. Bf3 level while nerfing it's damage to attack and transport heli. Attack jet gun also needs a nerf against those two.
Crazy talk! You should be able to throw knives at jets.

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I just got this game on Xbox one and while I haven't had any issues in the game I can't seem to jump into a multiplayer game anymore. I'm sure I can't be the only person who has ran into this. But if I put my Xbox to sleep and then come back to try to play the game it says I lost connection the ea servers and it fails to join any type of game. My net connection is fine and through some sort of black magic I got around this last night. But now I'm reinstalling the game as a last resort. Any help?

HelloMeow

There are multiple threads about it on battlelog. At least one has 1300+ posts in it, but no word from DICE yet.

The crappy balance for air vehicles is one of the reasons why I just went back to BF3.

Compared to Locker Metro gets way too much hate. Locker is utter dogshit. Metro was fine, and if you played on rotating maps, I have no idea what "24/7 Metro 5000 tickets derp" has to do with anything. I didn't play Metro any more than any other map on BF3 and as such is just another blue infantry map. Locker is one big chokepoint flanked with two more chokepoints. It's a "change of pace" at absolute best and a big fucking joke at worst. They're not even comparable.

Grief.exe

Compared to Locker Metro gets way too much hate. Locker is utter dogshit. Metro was fine, and if you played on rotating maps, I have no idea what "24/7 Metro 5000 tickets derp" has to do with anything. I didn't play Metro any more than any other map on BF3 and as such is just another blue infantry map. Locker is one big chokepoint flanked with two more chokepoints. It's a "change of pace" at absolute best and a big fucking joke at worst. They're not even comparable.

Its actually not bad at all DOM or TDM on 32 man.

64 is a joke though, I would agree.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Seriously, no joke. Even in-context of a game: Why would you rush someone that is holding an assault rifle and training it on you with a knife.

Realistically, you'd be shot to death before reaching them.

Game-logic-wise: You vortex/i-frame yourself into their face. Which is bullshit.

tap tap tap tap
Prompt never appears due to the server thinking the guy is attacking you from behind
Fucking EA

Yep, have this happen a few times.

Even had a melee kill REVERSE the animations and then have them perform a counter on me. Bullshit.

TheSeks

Which is a great argument against assignments that encourage dissonant playstyles.

Or putting you in vehicles you generally aren't in because better/pro-players like Splinter are up in the air and can destroy you in seconds.

(CUAV assignment. WHY.jpg DICE)

scogoth

Seriously, no joke. Even in-context of a game: Why would you rush someone that is holding an assault rifle and training it on you with a knife.

Realistically, you'd be shot to death before reaching them.

Game-logic-wise: You vortex/i-frame yourself into their face. Which is bullshit.

Because this isn't a war sim game?

Spl1nter

No. Not even close. Don't get me started.

Reactive armor made the ground game broken. Jets made the air game broken. There isnt much to it. BF3 was originally even worse as heli's were unkillable. Plus at least now LAV vs Tank isnt an instant win for LAV from front on.

Or putting you in vehicles you generally aren't in because better/pro-players like Splinter are up in the air and can destroy you in seconds.

(CUAV assignment. WHY.jpg DICE)

Was first on a server using stealth jet for most of the round.

Reactive armor made the ground game broken. Jets made the air game broken. There isnt much to it. BF3 was originally even worse as heli's were unkillable. Plus at least now LAV vs Tank isnt an instant win for LAV from front on.

Tankbusters lol

as opposed to the anti tank/armor catalogue that BF4 has?

I don't really mind that there are a ton of options, since none of them is overpowered. The only way they do lots of damage is rear hits or with the help of a laser designator. Fine by me.

Its actually not bad at all DOM or TDM on 32 man.

64 is a joke though, I would agree.

Yeah. I've only played 64-man. I'd imagine it's fine for the other modes, definitely, and on that more positive note, the outdoor parts look really slick. Damn near refreshing out there and almost feels cold haha.

TheSeks

Was first on a server using stealth jet for most of the round.

2Pro 4Me

;____;

Because this isn't a war sim game?

...You really don't see the problem with someone being able to click on button, warp 10-feet in front them (no where near "melee range" normally) and knife someone in the face for an instant-win when that person was shooting the person from 10-feet away, really?

scogoth

2Pro 4Me

;____;

...You really don't see the problem with someone being able to click on button, warp 10-feet in front them (no where near "melee range" normally) and knife someone in the face for an instant-win when that person was shooting the person from 10-feet away, really?

When could you teleport 10 feet in BF3? If you are in close combat and have faster reflexes then you should be reward with a kill.

Can someone (splinter) post the teleport knife gif from bf4? Too hard to find in on iPad

TheSeks

When could you teleport 10 feet in BF3?

Since forever. It's a problem with the netcode not syncing people together. You could do it from behind for the knife animation. Just like you could do it from ANYWHERE in BC2.

It's still there in BF4.

However in this case you can't counter-melee and you generally "flanked" them.

Whereas in BF4 if it did the BC2 situation would be just as bullshit here as it was in BC2. That's all people used in BC2, the knife. Because it was a one-hit kill and able to suck you in for a kill that you wouldn't be able to do normally (BC1, even) otherwise.

HelloMeow

Rant incoming.
Did people really think reactive armor was an issue? I enjoyed using it and never had any issues with other people using it.
In BF4 it's degraded to some passive, boring upgrade. No need to think or position yourself anymore, in order to use it to it's fullest potential.

Also, right now in BF4 the scout choppers (+2 repairing, igla shooting engies) are worse than the attack choppers in BF3 ever were.

Jets in BF4 are at least as strong as they were in BF3. Given the fact that the attack jets are, and that the attack jets are available in almost every "jet map".
The issue is that they aren't balanced among themselves and across the factions, and their buggy, incomplete functionality. I found it easier to pick the right team, take an attack jet and destroy everything in sight, in BF4, than doing the same with the fighter jets in BF3. And I have nearly 35.000 jet kills in BF3.

Here is a list of some of the issues:
  • Attack jets are better at AA than stealth jets;
  • stealth jets are quite useless at anything but AA;
  • the Russian stealth jet is nearly twice as maneuverable as the Chinese one;
  • the US stealth jet is less maneuverable than the attack jets;
  • the hud is too small. A one-pixel-dot for aiming your cannon?
  • On one of the jets, a useful part of the hud is hidden behind some geometry;
  • want to fire just one missile? Can't fire the second one until the first one is reloaded;
  • want to fly behind a mountain for cover? You can't. Return to the battle;
  • there is no aiming reticle for rocket pods;
  • the 3rd person cam is twitchy;
  • the 3rd person cam has a lower fov than the cockpit cam;
  • free look button for controller can not be changed in the menu;
  • below radar is gone :( .
Dice is working on it, but it's a mess.

The vehicle disabled mechanic was solid and (in my opinion) more fun. The handling was more authentic. The models and animations were more detailed.

The vehicles, including the jets, are just one of multiple reasons why I am disappointed in BF4. BF4 is like a step backwards. It feels like they took a pre-alpha version of BF3 and continued working on that for BF4, ignoring all the improvements and new features BF3 has had since then. Not to mention all the crashes, the server issues and the netcode.

This is crap you'd expect from a beta. A true beta, that you'd get to play 6 months before the actual release date.

Wasn't Below Radar made useless/defunct in BF3? At least for choppers, I'm 99% sure it did nothing after one of the patches and DICE never fixed it.

Such a shame. It's actually a really well-designed perk. Risk a rocket to the face so you're not locked.

DICE'd.

iymVtm1qtDBO3.gif

HelloMeow

Wasn't Below Radar made useless/defunct in BF3? At least for choppers, I'm 99% sure it did nothing after one of the patches and DICE never fixed it.

They made it useless against stigla, but it still worked against heat seekers.

Such a shame. It's actually a really well-designed perk. Risk a rocket to the face so you're not locked.

Same goes for reactive armor. You had to turn your more vulnerable sides towards the danger, to absorb just one hit. After that you're pointing your vulnerable sides towards the enemy.

Right now it just reduces the chance of getting immobilized (passively).

Spl1nter

Reactive armour was complete bullshit. Flank opponent doesn't matter he had reactive. Quick switch seats to regain reactive. Show side to have next shot hit reactive. The disable mechanic also was much worse. Much better now for risk reward or safe play. The only key to bf3 tank on tank was to hitting the glitch spot.

You actually couldn't take down a heli in bf3 before they removed gunner countermeasures if they used them correctly. Atleast you can take down a scout with the exact same amount of people.

One of my new favourite things to do is get up on the roof on the Hainan Resort map and use my TYPE 88 LMG with a bipod and long scope and snipe/spray people below.
Its got a 200 round magazine so you can spray alot and kill people even from up there.

I also put C4 on both the lift doors to stop people coming up to get me.

Preemo

Banned
Reactive armour was complete bullshit. Flank opponent doesn't matter he had reactive. Quick switch seats to regain reactive. Show side to have next shot hit reactive. The disable mechanic also was much worse. Much better now for risk reward or safe play. The only key to bf3 tank on tank was to hitting the glitch spot.

You actually couldn't take down a heli in bf3 before they removed gunner countermeasures if they used them correctly. Atleast you can take down a scout with the exact same amount of people.

i strongly disagree with this, and i cant stess how stupid vehicle mobility hits are in terms of balance and vehicle effectiveness.

also, the reload time on countermeasures has also nerfed all vehicles, rendering them very close to useless when going against good players. not to mention all of the dumb fire rockets. these issues have neutered a large aspect of Battlefield.

HelloMeow

Reactive armour was complete bullshit. Flank opponent doesn't matter he had reactive. Quick switch seats to regain reactive.
That does not work.

Show side to have next shot hit reactive.
And then you have your side or back pointing towards them. It's not like you're only fighting one opponent in BF.
The disable mechanic also was much worse. Much better now for risk reward or safe play. The only key to bf3 tank on tank was to hitting the glitch spot.
Much better now for running away with 12% left on your vehicle. The disable mechanic forced you to repair, or you would lose your vehicle. Right now, it's less risky to keep engaging with less than 50% on your vehicle.

It was perfectly possible to take them down. There was a time when flares did not affect incoming laser guided missiles. It just required some teamwork. It took less teamwork than taking down a (well used) scout helicopter in BF4. Just have a teammate use a SOFLAM or CITV station in a tank (where the hell did that go in BF4?) and you're done.

It's fairly well known that the US F35 flies like a washing machine. It's not very maneuverable at all, it's just too heavy with too short wings.
I am more interested in balance than in 1 on 1 realistic or authentic gameplay. DICE have also stated that the huge differences between the stealth jets were unintentional and that they have a fix for it in one of the future updates. (how does DICE even miss stuff like that?)

TheSeks

DICE'd.

No, it still worked? I couldn't lock-on to a chopper that circled around on Kharg on consoles. Dunno about PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom