• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

Reactive reset if driver left seat and came back. Soflam wouldn't make a difference the time from flare effectiveness to stop Soflam was long enough to have ECM start again. Theoretically impossible to take down. You were able to because people messed up timings.

I dont know how a system that barely penalized you for being flanked in bf3 is better than on that encourages good positioning. But guess you are right. BF3 disable system must be so much better because taking 3 rockets no matter the direction from should disable your tank. How about im infantry and I get a perfect shot from the rear, completely negated without the driver doing anything because of reactive armor. Also doesnt disable the vehicle so im dead. BF4 actually has balance between infantry and vehicles that encourages flanking and positioning. Unless you consider the Javelin being completely useless if a vehicle has smoke and reactive balance.

In bf4 tank and IFV secondary seat has soflam so you can laser targets.

If there was one change to make to bf4 tanks and ifv it would be to increase the angle slightly for max/high side/rear damage.Need another 4-5 points of damage on some angles.

Honestly wonder if people have played the game for more than 5 minutes because they sure try to sound like they have.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Right, active protection. Which is the last unlock for vehicles, so good luck! <3

Splinter said:
Unless you consider the Javelin being completely useless if a vehicle has smoke and reactive balance.

No, I consider the Javelin useless because it's no longer "fire and forget top-bonus damage." Now it's "you're a sitting duck and have to make sure your stuff hits where it goes."

Which isn't bad if you want them to pop-smoke and they move through the smoke to where you can relock-on before the missile moves away to where it hits like the two SRAW-trick. But is terrible if you're under heavy fire.

Also I'm sure Splinter will be happy for this if it ever releases. Sure it's not 2142 but... ? :p

HelloMeow

Reactive reset if driver left seat and came back.
That just didn't happen. You had to repair the sides, while your tank is at 100% for reactive armor to come back.
Soflam wouldn't make a difference the time from flare effectiveness to stop Soflam was long enough to have ECM start again. Theoretically impossible to take down. You were able to because people messed up timings.
Like I said, there was a time when flares did not break SOFLAM lock. After that, they removed the gunner's flares and even made below radar ineffective against stiglas. What is the issue?
I dont know how a system that barely penalized you for being flanked in bf3 is better than on that encourages good positioning. But guess you are right. BF3 disable system must be so much better because taking 3 rockets no matter the direction from should disable your tank.
In BF3, right-angled hits on the sides and back did more damage as well. One well placed rpg on the back could disable a tank, just like in BF4. A well aimed shot at a tank's ass would do 61 damage.

How about im infantry and I get a perfect shot from the rear, completely negated without the driver doing anything because of reactive armor.
Also doesnt disable the vehicle so im dead.
Then you shoot it's rear twice. I really don't get the issue.
BF4 actually has balance between infantry and vehicles that encourages flanking and positioning. Unless you consider the Javelin being completely useless if a vehicle has smoke and reactive balance.
I'd argue that because of reactive armor, the disable mechanic and the higher damage against infantry, positioning in BF3 was much more important.

Didn't know that. Probably because it's so utterly useless.

Honestly wonder if people have played the game for more than 5 minutes because they sure try to sound like they have.
There is no need for personal attacks.

Ocho

I dont know how a system that barely penalized you for being flanked in bf3 is better than on that encourages good positioning. But guess you are right. BF3 disable system must be so much better because taking 3 rockets no matter the direction from should disable your tank. How about im infantry and I get a perfect shot from the rear, completely negated without the driver doing anything because of reactive armor. Also doesnt disable the vehicle so im dead. BF4 actually has balance between infantry and vehicles that encourages flanking and positioning. Unless you consider the Javelin being completely useless if a vehicle has smoke and reactive balance.

This drunken bastard speaks the truth. BF4 is more about positioning and not getting into though situations as a tank driver. It's okay for infantry to two shot me if I show them my rear. That is my bad.

Spl1nter

How is this any different in BF3?

Honestly I dont know how much time you have played in bf4 but its much more important. It works better than in bf3. IFV vs Tank isnt an instant win for IFV anymore because you can disable them with good shots.

That just didn't happen. You had to repair the sides, while your tank is at 100% for reactive armor to come back.

Get hit, reactive takes damage, switch seat, go back. Proceed to continue taking hits which reactive absorbs. There was so much stuff that most people didnt know or abuse but if you did was completely broken. Also the whole point of flanking was the suprise hit. That simply did not happen in BF3, it happens in BF4. That is the difference ocho is talking about. It was simply not worth the effort to flank in bf4.

HelloMeow

Honestly I dont know how much time you have played in bf4 but its much more important. It works better than in bf3. IFV vs Tank isnt an instant win for IFV anymore because you can disable them with good shots.

80 hours, give or take. I do admit that tanks vs IFVs are better balanced in BF4, but this is very specific. And that's mostly because of the APFSDS-T shell and not because of reactive armor.

BF3 is more solid in general. Maybe BF4 will become more enjoyable in a couple of months.

Get hit, reactive takes damage, switch seat, go back. Proceed to continue taking hits which reactive absorbs. There was so much stuff that most people didnt know or abuse but if you did was completely broken.
No. The only way you could get "new" reactive amor on a tank, was when you hopped in a tank that didn't have a player with reactive armor as a driver yet. And by repairing it of course.
ibrTmvMoH9SI7X.gif

Also the whole point of flanking was the suprise hit. That simply did not happen in BF3, it happens in BF4. That is the difference ocho is talking about. It was simply not worth the effort to flank in bf4.

A surprise hit, taking out someones reactive armor is still a surprise hit. He now has no reactive armor.

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it was more appropriate here:

The new patch rolls out on Xbox One today. Here is what it fixes:

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/13/5206612/xbox-one-stability-patch-arrives-for-battlefield-4
Polygon said:
Here's a complete break down of what the patch fixes:

-Fixed three common crashes that could occur during map transitions
-Fixed a common crash that could occur when using the in-game Battlelog in the "end of round" screen
-Fixed two crashes related to destroying vehicles
-Fixed a crash that could occur when the player lost connection to a server
-Fixed a crash that could occur when using the scoreboard
-Fixed a crash that could occur when players were using the voice chat
-Optimized performance when shooting destroyed Levolution objects on some levels
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed
-Fixed a memory leak that could lead to crashes at certain points
-Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file in the single player campaign
-Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
-Fixed an issue with going online after resuming your Xbox One from suspended mode
-Fixed some issues with the handling of Xbox One parties
-Made the icons used to signal voice chat status more reliable

Also, I posted a video or two of some glitches that I've encountered that I haven't heard mentioned too much.

I captured a video on Xbox One of an invisible soldier shooting someone.
http://sdrv.ms/1fc7qGQ It's a skydrive link so you might have to use IE.

The same glitch affects me, except that I can't shoot my gun. I can draw my gun, but it won't let me fire. skydrive again: http://sdrv.ms/18qiIbw

mcrommert

Banned
New Battlefield 4 update is so broke on Xbox One the game won't launch for me now. Made a video. http://instagram.com/p/h3wah8FXgw/?autoplay=true

Not saying that this is okay but this is what i would try...first turn off instant game resume (or whatever it is called that saves your state) and do the long hold on the xbox front capacitive button to do a full shutdown. Then try to get in once it reboots. If it works turn resume back on...that should clear out the issues that led to it

Norua

Banned
He now has no reactive armor.

What a surprise! He just needs to switch seat now and still rape the engis coming.
The fact that you are enjoying a feature doesn't make it balanced. You know something is wrong when 100% of players run the exact same thing.

BF4 is much more balanced and forces tank drivers to be more careful and stay at long / medium ranges (this is the purpose of a tank after all) instead of rushing into the flag/MCOM/beer.

EDIT: And Scogoth has a good point.

gossi

Not saying that this is okay but this is what i would try...first turn off instant game resume (or whatever it is called that saves your state) and do the long hold on the xbox front capacitive button to do a full shutdown. Then try to get in once it reboots. If it works turn resume back on...that should clear out the issues that led to it

Oh, it happened after the patch. As in I started up okay, switched off Xbox, tried game later - wouldn't open. I can kill the task and restart the game, but it will catch a lot of people out. The resume code in latest update is broke.

Giving three classes anti-tank abilities along with lock-on weapons in jets/helicopters has turned the armored ground gameplay to shit. Engineers should not be able to carry both mines and rockets at the same time and two classes should not have C4.

Giving three classes anti-tank abilities along with lock-on weapons in jets/helicopters has turned the armored ground gameplay to shit. Engineers should not be able to carry both mines and rockets at the same time and two classes should not have C4.

Despite all this, I'm almost positive my average lifespan in a tank is longer than BF3. This pleases me.

Paganmoon

With all the talk of one-shot kills and people calling eachother cheaters, this game really could should show you were you were hit after you're killed, like were the last 4 hits on you were, have it overlayed on the killcam.

Spl1nter

I still had reactive armor on the right side. The left side was shot off. Why doesn't it come back like you say?

Maybe thats only for the LAV which I know happens for a fact. Tank was always jump out to gain back reactive. Either that or it involved someone else being in a seat which resets the reactive for you.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
If I may ask; When you're in a tank, do you play lonewolf or actually work with your squad?

Even with a Dedicated engineer repairing your ass, you still have three others to help you and or protect you.

Calling out infantry before they're close enough to C4, spotting the fuck out of everything... I dunno. If you have a cohesive unit working with you, tanks can be pretty fucking fun.

HelloMeow

Maybe thats only for the LAV which I know happens for a fact. Tank was always jump out to gain back reactive. Either that or it involved someone else being in a seat which resets the reactive for you.

Nope. And I did hop out/in the tank.

Here I do the same with an IVF:
i58IR99VV5zk1.gif

At best you will get a visual bug, where the hud isn't updated correctly and/or the reactive armor models on the vehicle aren't updated correctly. The hud can be "fixed", or updated by hopping out and in again.

The hud and/or vehicle model will show you that you have reactive armor on certain sides, but that's just visual and it won't actually absorb hits. That's probably how this myth began.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PS4 is back and repaired.

Going to leave it one while I'm at work to DL battlefield, see you guys tomorrow... got the day off, so yeah. :)

Hopefully it's not freezing and crashing all day.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
After like three weeks of no play due to bugs and other bullshit, I've put in a good few pleasant rounds over the last couple of days.

backbaby.gifk7l4p.gif

Preemo

Banned
Reactive reset if driver left seat and came back. Soflam wouldn't make a difference the time from flare effectiveness to stop Soflam was long enough to have ECM start again. Theoretically impossible to take down. You were able to because people messed up timings.

I dont know how a system that barely penalized you for being flanked in bf3 is better than on that encourages good positioning. But guess you are right. BF3 disable system must be so much better because taking 3 rockets no matter the direction from should disable your tank. How about im infantry and I get a perfect shot from the rear, Also doesnt disable the vehicle so im dead. BF4 actually has balance between infantry and vehicles that encourages flanking and positioning. Unless you consider the Javelin being completely useless if a vehicle has smoke and reactive balance.

If there was one change to make to bf4 tanks and ifv it would be to increase the angle slightly for max/high side/rear damage.Need another 4-5 points of damage on some angles.

thats the point of reactive armor! hello!

what are you smoking? if a squad of engineers happened upon a tank, it was done for no matter the angle, if you often attacked a tank solo and expected to be the victor more often than not then fuck, call up ford and have a hoot off his pipe.

YOU have no clue what you're talking about, if things stay the same as they are now, in short order, vehicles will be mitigated in all modes of play and thats not battlefield.

Spl1nter

[/U]

what are you smoking? if a squad of engineers happened upon a tank, it was done for no matter the angle, if you often attacked a tank solo and expected to be the victor more often than not then fuck, call up ford and have a hoot off his pipe.

YOU have no clue what you're talking about, if things stay the same as they are now, in short order, vehicles will be mitigated in all modes of play and thats not battlefield.

Vehicles are strong enough in BF4. If you dont think so than you just suck at the game.

In BF3 you could potentially take 4 rockets at the same time without knowledge and have no damage. The same doesnt happen in bf3. Both games allow you to escape a squad of engineers (reactive vs active), one just happens to even the matchup allowing infantry a better chance and requiring better judgement of the situation.

Now you're moving the goalpost.

Havent played the game in a while cant remember every glitch and trick.

Ocho

[/U]

lol

Preemo

Banned
Vehicles are strong enough in BF4. If you dont think so than you just suck at the game.

In BF3 you could potentially take 4 rockets at the same time without knowledge and have no damage. The same doesnt happen in bf3.

Havent played the game in a while cant remember every glitch and trick.

when did GAF merge with the battlelog forums? really dude?

4 rockets at the same time and no damage? show me this in game, during a match?

if you think vehicles are better off in BF4, you sucked at BF3.

Spl1nter

hahaha. I said vehicles are strong enough in bf4, hence they were even stronger in bf3. Only took them over a year to make the tank not completely OP in BF3 by allowing you to double fire shells. The LAV now, hahaha that was a beauty.

Ocho

He is saying that vehicles are more balanced this time around, not the OP god tank you seem to want to have.

I still do perfectly fine tank whoring.

Spl1nter

i meant "better off" as in (poorly) balanced more to your liking.

anyhow 4 rockets no damage? lol, cant wait for more stories.

Engineer is a lot better against vehicles now. The sraw is back and the rpg/smaw are easier to use and hit with. There wasnt really a way for infantry to do damage to tanks are real range. Now tanks are extremely vulnerable if camping at range with the double sraw. Not to mention slam mines which are vicious and difficult to spot. Of course there is always the pld if you want to work with your teammates that isnt negated by smoke everytime. Oh yeah and that thing called mobility hits so you can just run away as easy if you make a bad mistake. Plus the other day I stopped all 8963456 rockets fired at the same time at me from everything direction from doing damage with active armor.

I didnt even mention THE LAW

HelloMeow

I don't think vehicles are any stronger or weaker in BF4. They are different, but just as effective. I think stats will reflect that.
Yes, the attack chopper is worse off, but the scout choppers are much better. Things have shifted around a bit, but the're just as effective in general.

I liked the mechanics and assets in BF3 more.

Spl1nter

Oh yeah and earlier koning you meantioned reactive armor wasnt the issue with IFV vs Tank it was. IFV shells pierced tank reactive while tanks had to take out reactive first. That was the main issue.

Obviously your opinion that you prefer BF3 mechanics but BF4 armor vs armor/infantry is a lot more interesting and balanced than BF3 and its because of the change to reactive armor and disable. With active armor you can time it so you can make a flank. Also half the battle isnt almost completely stationary because of disable.

derFeef

Guys help me get better at Battlefield. I am playing this game since 1942 and I am getting worse and worse. Also what's the purpose of a GAF clan and friendslist if no one joins each other.

Milennia

Guys help me get better at Battlefield. I am playing this game since 1942 and I am getting worse and worse. Also what's the purpose of a GAF clan and friendslist if no one joins each other.

They do join each other, just head into the community thread.

This thread is more for general discussion and were the pc players squad up, thats why we have a separate console squad thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom