• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

They do join each other, just head into the community thread.

This thread is more for general discussion and were the pc players squad up, thats why we have a separate console squad thread.

Well I am talking about the PC version, seems like console players are more willing to join each other. Bummer.

derFeef

you are not in NA im guessing

No :(

Also is reviving horribly broken? I am not often playing Assault but I want to help my mates out sometimes ... I try to revive a guy like 4 times in a row and nothing happens... it prevents me from playing that class because what's the prupose.

This is what I'm getting on the PC right now. Internets working fine for me, Origin is OK too.

9dHKPwW.png

DICE needs to add "Uninstall Battlefield 4" and "Ask For Refund" buttons on that toolbar.

Kyoufu

No :(

Also is reviving horribly broken? I am not often playing Assault but I want to help my mates out sometimes ... I try to revive a guy like 4 times in a row and nothing happens... it prevents me from playing that class because what's the prupose.

Reviving works fine for me.

I noticed that you can get a ton of medic XP if you play Operation Locker 64 player conquest.

fiQ90BN.png

Two fucking weeks of this bullshit. This is beyond ridiculous. There is absolutely zero chance I ever buy BF again until I see the community saying it's actually playable.

So I just have experienced DICE's recent fix for the mortar: When I have the mortar in my loadout, I can not resupply any grenades after I have thrown the ones I spawned with - and when my mortar gets destroyed I am also out of luck. What a load of crap.

Probably already posted but:

source

~7% of medics run with defibs compared to ~50% running with the grenade launchers. These charts pissed me off and confirmed many of my suspicions. I get told to "quit whining" when I ask in chat why none of the 14 medics near me are rezzing anyone as our team loses tons of tickets every second. People playing to pad their kdr instead of playing-the-objective :/.

And only 0.08% using the repair tool. DAMN.

Sorry, I fail. It's only counting KILLS. But still, those grenade launcher, m2 SLAM, and mini-nade numbers make me a little sad.

source

~7% of medics run with defibs compared to ~50% running with the grenade launchers. These charts pissed me off and confirmed many of my suspicions. I get told to "quit whining" when I ask in chat why none of the 14 medics near me are rezzing anyone as our team loses tons of tickets every second. People playing to pad their kdr instead of playing-the-objective :/.

What the fuck? Never would have guessed it was so low.

aranth

charts.jpg

You're wrong though. That's people with more than 100 kills with that gadget, that's how bf4stats counts. Obviously there is only a .08% of the engies with more than a hundred kills with the repair tool, not .08% of the engies using the tool to repair vehicles.

Disregard that, sum means total amount of kills with that gadget. Can't be right with only 177 repair tool kills though, I got 5 myself so far. Count means amount of people with more than 100 kills with that weapon/gadget.

Ultryx

source

Man these numbers are mind blowing. I might be one of the few who actually revives people, plays assault with a defib, and repairs vehicles when I'm an engineer.

Also, fuck the M2 Slam.

Edit: Defib kills only?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, that's kinda shady stats without stating what it's counting.

It's more than likely counting kills which would make sense with the low repair/defib kill counts because no one goes out of their way to go for those.

Maddocks

also a lot of the guns that are the top, are the starting weapons, so a lot of people will stick with a weapon they semi learned on and are comfortable with instead of switching to a new gun to learn all over again.

I don't think vehicles are any stronger or weaker in BF4. They are different, but just as effective. I think stats will reflect that.
Yes, the attack chopper is worse off, but the scout choppers are much better. Things have shifted around a bit, but the're just as effective in general.

I liked the mechanics and assets in BF3 more.
BF4 console versions also have the issue that ground vehicle controls are now stick drive only, a control scheme which sucks arse compared to BFBC2 and BF3, so vehicles have suffered a substantial downgrade from that alone without even taking into account the other game mechanic changes.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So couple questions about PS4 version...

You guys ever have an issue loading Test Range? It refuses to load up for me... I need to set up all my controls and shit, and it's stuck on the load screen. I have to quit the game to get out of it.

I played 64 conquest for a couple mins, and it was pure rubber-banding garbage... is that like, how it is?

terrible

Banned
BF4 console versions also have the issue that ground vehicle controls are now stick drive only, a control scheme which sucks arse compared to BFBC2 and BF3, so vehicles have suffered a substantial downgrade from that alone without even taking into account the other game mechanic changes.

You can set the vehicle controls to be identical to the BF3 controls if you want. I did that on 360 & PS4.

Dr Prob

Banned
So couple questions about PS4 version...

You guys ever have an issue loading Test Range? It refuses to load up for me... I need to set up all my controls and shit, and it's stuck on the load screen. I have to quit the game to get out of it.

Can honestly say that's one issue I haven't run into yet.

I played 64 conquest for a couple mins, and it was pure rubber-banding garbage... is that like, how it is?

Generally speaking, no. But if you were playing CQ on Hainan Resort or Lancang Dam, then yeah, that's just how it is on those maps for now. Mostly noticeable in the air for whatever reason, but those two seem the most likely to be jittery while the conquest versions of Flood Zone, Shanghai and Dawnbreaker along with Locker (cq and rush) are the most likely to outright crash. China Rising seems pretty stable though!

You can change that. Probably the first thing everyone does, unless they're completely INSANE.

You can set the vehicle controls to be identical to the BF3 controls if you want. I did that on 360 & PS4.
No you can't unfortunately - spot is locked to one of the R buttons and can't be moved, so you can't have the BF3 vehicle controls which were L2 and R2 for reverse and forward, with L1 for zoom and R1 for fire.

You can change that. Probably the first thing everyone does, unless they're completely INSANE.
The closest you can get with BF4 is to have L2 and L1 be forward and reverse, but then you have to use up on the d-pad for zoom. So to move, turn the turret, zoom in and fire (something that's pretty common in tank battles), you have to move the left analog stick while pressing up on the d-pad and L1 at the same time. If you can do that then you either have a congenital deformity or your hand looks different to mine lol.

terrible

Banned
No you can't unfortunately - spot is locked to one of the R buttons and can't be moved, so you can't have the BF3 vehicle controls which were L2 and R2 for reverse and forward, with L1 for zoom and R1 for fire.

I meant in terms of driving. There's no need to use the stick driving luckily.

Ataxia

What are the odds of DICE increasing kill times to those in BF3? Thinking about returning the game while I still can.

I put some 700 hours into BF3, but I really can't handle the kill times in BF4. It seems like two bullets are you're down... And coupled with maps that seem to put you into tight-close quarters environments, the game becomes a twitch shooter (which reminds me awfully of a game called Call of Duty, just with some vehicles tacked on). And that pisses me off to no end especially when half the time you're being shot in the back because there are literally no choke points on these maps at all.

Grief.exe

What are the odds of DICE increasing kill times to those in BF3? Thinking about returning the game while I still can.

I put some 700 hours into BF3, but I really can't handle the kill times in BF4. It seems like two bullets are you're down... And coupled with maps that seem to put you into tight-close quarters environments, the game becomes a twitch shooter (which reminds me awfully of a game called Call of Duty, just with some vehicles tacked on). And that pisses me off to no end especially when half the time you're being shot in the back because there are literally no choke points on these maps at all.

Dice doesn't give a shit about the competitive aspects of the game. Decreasing TTK is just one of the many issues.

I meant in terms of driving. There's no need to use the stick driving luckily.
Even for driving you can't have the same controls as BF3, because again the spot/commorose button is locked to the R button, so the forward and reverse buttons are different to BF3.

I still don't know why you can't have the same control setup as BF3. Nobody gives a shit about checking Battlelog mid-match if it means vehicle controls have to be retarded.

Ultryx

Well I think the damage is messed up or something. Under the description of the M2 Slam it says that it's lightweight and does less damage or something than the M15 AT Mine or whatever it's called.

The M2 Slam will still one-hit kill a fully armored vehicle at 100%.

Milennia

Well I think the damage is messed up or something. Under the description of the M2 Slam it says that it's lightweight and doesn't less damage or something than the M15 AT Mine or whatever it's called.

I run over them with dirtbikes.....

Cant see those things for shit.

Also i probably should stop driving dirtbikes.

Divus

I started carrying M2 Slams instead of the repair tool unless I'm playing with friends whom are driving something. Randoms drive away from you when you try and repair them getting you both killed more often than you actually repair there vehicle. If I get out of my tank to repair there is a 80% the gunner or someone else jumps in and takes off. It's just not worth it when you can typically back off and regen on the way to flank them.

I've never got a single M2 kill against any real armor. Dirtbikes and ATV's sure but I need to cluster 3 for a LAV or tank.

Zeppelin

Well I think the damage is messed up or something. Under the description of the M2 Slam it says that it's lightweight and does less damage or something than the M15 AT Mine or whatever it's called.

I was under the impression that it did less damage to MBTs but more damage to LAVs than the M15 mines.

Did not know it triggered on dirt bikes and such though. Sounds a bit excessive. Mine balancing is a tough one to get right I would assume. In BF3 I found them completely useless since they showed up on thermal.

Ataxia

So as I play a few games again before bed, I come across a map that I really freakin' like. Which was a nice surprise, because the other maps generally leave a lot to be desired (really pretty, too). Anyway, I'm playing and suddenly a tank comes up and wipes out most of my squad. I pull out the RPG, aim at the tank, pull the trigger and then...

Bam. The whole thing freezes.

I restart my Xbox, find the map again and the whole thing freezes again. Is this a problem on my end? It's saddening that my potentially favourite map is literally unplayable.

Preemo

Banned
So as I play a few games again before bed, I come across a map that I really freakin' like. Which was a nice surprise, because the other maps generally leave a lot to be desired (really pretty, too). Anyway, I'm playing and suddenly a tank comes up and wipes out most of my squad. I pull out the RPG, aim at the tank, pull the trigger and then...

Bam. The whole thing freezes.

I restart my Xbox, find the map again and the whole thing freezes again. Is this a problem on my end? It's saddening that my potentially favourite map is literally unplayable.

only in battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom