• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

So as I play a few games again before bed, I come across a map that I really freakin' like. Which was a nice surprise, because the other maps generally leave a lot to be desired (really pretty, too). Anyway, I'm playing and suddenly a tank comes up and wipes out most of my squad. I pull out the RPG, aim at the tank, pull the trigger and then...

Bam. The whole thing freezes.

I restart my Xbox, find the map again and the whole thing freezes again. Is this a problem on my end? It's saddening that my potentially favourite map is literally unplayable.

You have discovered crashbreaker and it is your favorite map... You sir are in for one seriously long love-hate relationship.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Motion sensor control freelook on PS4 is soooo close to being awesome.

If they included a deadzone slider, it would be pretty much perfect.

As it stands, it's not very useful because the tiniest motion bounces around the camera. It works great when you hold up on the dpad, but that kind of defeats the entire purpose. lol. Maybe some day they'll get it. I can tell these DICE folks probably don't use TrackIR and headtracking games very much. Motion control is the same basic principle, just a (not very) different input method.

Have they broken the server queue? If there is free slots I join fine. If there is a queue I just get stuck on "premium prioritized" and my position never moves.

Overdoziz

Banned
iG3x4EHaizzUY.gif

Guy Legend

My campaign save file on PS3 magically vanished with only 2 missions remaining in the game. Is there a website to download a completed save file so that I can just play the last 2 missions?

Dr Prob

Banned
no, you cant.

while you can control the vehicles with the shoulder buttons, the button assignment is most definitely not identical.

Even if spotting wasn't locked to R1, something would have to be assigned to the d-pad anyway as optics/countermeasures are now separate things. So, while you can't exactly reproduce BF3's controls, "stick drive only" certainly isn't the only option.

You know what I absolutely hate? When I'm trying to toss out a medic bag and the fucking thing is just stuck in my hands forcing me to press the button again. Pretty sure that same shit happened in BF3 too. Fucking annoying

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So, until I go and buy a pair of headphones/mic combo, I figured out an audio solution for now... lol... but it's ridiculous.

The USB headset I had for PS3 seems to work, but the volume is way too quiet. Even if I crank everything up on the headset and in the PS4 settings. Kinda sucks.

So I'm using earbuds for game volume, running through the controller, and I have to wear the headset around my neck to get the mic (maybe I will try putting this off to the side and see if that works) and there are all these cords running everywhere, it's absurd.

Eh... but at least it works. Better than having to be mute. I feel like a dork though, haha.

Guy Legend

What a pos game. We can't join up with friends prior to starting a multiplayer game? And then we get server full messages...

On top of that I lost my save game file for campaign. Unbelievable.

Kyoufu

What a pos game. We can't join up with friends prior to starting a multiplayer game? And then we get server full messages...

On top of that I lost my save game file for campaign. Unbelievable.

It boggles my mind that they refuse to implement a party system.

DICE are shit.

SJRB

Gold Member
PS3 version of Battlefield 4 is now 35 euros on the PSN store. I was thinking of getting it and then upgrading to the PS4 version for an additional 10 bucks. But since the game is still such a mess I'm not sure if it's a smart idea, even if it is "only" 45 bucks.

Killzone bores me man, I need something else!

Also is it true that Dragon Pass is a remake of BF2's Dragon Valley? I adored that map in 2 and think Dragon Pass is the best map of CR so far, but since I've only played a little bit I didn't notice it was a remake.

Divus

So am I going crazy or can you not shoot pilots out of helicopters in this game? I don't see their model....

My very first bolt action rifle kill was on a pilot about 8 seconds in the start of a match. He was just gaining altitude across the map and wasn't very happy... Haven't done to much with sniper rifles since then.

In BF3 I did that dozens of times with all kinds of weapons, but now it seems very hard to do.

Last night I joined a pistol only server mostly by accident but since me a friend needed quit a few kills with them we stayed for quite a while. Was running around doing my thing when someone tried to defib me. I put a couple shots into them when I noticed he was not putting the paddles down so I did the gentlemanly thing and did the same. I zapped his ass and trolled the troll. Unfortunately Shadowplay wasn't working, and was only recorded on to my Twitch stream so no gif.

Milennia

Also is it true that Dragon Pass is a remake of BF2's Dragon Valley? I adored that map in 2 and think Dragon Pass is the best map of CR so far, but since I've only played a little bit I didn't notice it was a remake.

Its a remake of dragon valley yeah, pretty decent one at that if you liked the original.

Remmy2112

Last night I joined a pistol only server mostly by accident but since me a friend needed quit a few kills with them we stayed for quite a while. Was running around doing my thing when someone tried to defib me. I put a couple shots into them when I noticed he was not putting the paddles down so I did the gentlemanly thing and did the same. I zapped his ass and trolled the troll. Unfortunately Shadowplay wasn't working, and was only recorded on to my Twitch stream so no gif.

I once had a fight like that. Me and a couple people ran into another guy and a couple people and dumped our mags, then switched to pistols and emptied them. Only me and him were left alive so we had a defib dance, but neither of us were connecting so I backed up, reloaded my pistol, and popped him. Honor is for suckers.

Jachaos

This might sound really dumb, but how do I play China Rising maps other than Air Superiority ? It's the only I've been able to play. I don't see any other playlists or maps in the server browser related to it. I want to try the bomber and get that Kill with a dirtbike trophy but can't even find it.

Milennia

This might sound really dumb, but how do I play China Rising maps other than Air Superiority ? It's the only I've been able to play. I don't see any other playlists or maps in the server browser related to it. I want to try the bomber and get that Kill with a dirtbike trophy but can't even find it.

What platform?

Milennia

PS4, but I just did another browser search and this time I found some. Weird. Anyway, since it's working via Browser Search right now, I'll just hope it stays that way.

Depends on what you want to play.

The in game browser is shit right now and will give you nothing maybe 85% of the time.

Just check off the game mode you want and check off all of the player count options and region choice, as well as maps.

I prefer using the battlelog browser however, it actually works.

Jachaos

Depends on what you want to play.

The in game browser is shit right now and will give you nothing maybe 85% of the time.

Just check off the game mode you want and check off all of the player count options and region choice, as well as maps.

I prefer using the battlelog browser however, it actually works.

Alright, thanks.

I was wondering how Battlelog Browser worked, though knowing all the problems there have been so far, I shouldn't have gone into Battlelog during a game, it crashed and now I'm starting the game up again.

Milennia

Alright, thanks.

I was wondering how Battlelog Browser worked, though knowing all the problems there have been so far, I shouldn't have gone into Battlelog during a game, it crashed and now I'm starting the game up again.

The app crashed your game? Or the in game battleog?

Spl1nter

It feels like it when i play it. Or at least the layout does.

It was always a more unique layout for the franchise so i could be noticing that more clearly.
That's where the inspiration is from but it's really not like it at all compared to b2k bf3. Map definitely has a bf2 feel and flow which I love.

Jachaos

The battlelog browser is only available from the app or pc page.

The in game battlelog is just a stat tracker and friends list on ps4.

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't using it much either way so I wondered where I was going to find it. So yeah thanks a lot. I've already gotten a kill with a dirtbike so I'm good for that, now to see the other, non air/bike side of those maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom