• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, I see CUAV use has gotten worse over the past week. Nothing but people using it in rounds now. Can't even do shit before WHAM (CUAV death)

Milennia

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't using it much either way so I wondered where I was going to find it. So yeah thanks a lot. I've already gotten a kill with a dirtbike so I'm good for that, now to see the other, non air/bike side of those maps

Np lol good luck with those bombing raid kills -.-

Spl1nter

Well, I see CUAV use has gotten worse over the past week. Nothing but people using it in rounds now. Can't even do shit before WHAM (CUAV death)
How much would you hate if I told you there was an audio warning for when it's coming for you?
there isn't

Ataxia

Are custom servers coming to Xbox? Don't like the default all that much. Games aren't long enough, IMO (I've decided to keep the game, I thinks)

Milennia

That's where the inspiration is from but it's really not like it at all compared to b2k bf3. Map definitely has a bf2 feel and flow which I love.

Thats what i feel when i play the map, BF2.

The size is a dead giveaway as well in terms of BF2.

The china rising maps really did something great with just 2 of them imo.

Guilin brought me back to vietnam and DP to BF2.

Success imo just off of that.

TheSeks

How much would you hate if I told you there was an audio warning for when it's coming for you?
there isn't

Wouldn't hate it because hey, not a big deal there. The bigger issue is the spam and not being able to SEE it coming. At least with the SUAV you can at least see the damn thing coming.

It feels like it when i play it. Or at least the layout does.

It was always a more unique layout for the franchise so i could be noticing that more clearly.

I dunno, not having hangars and having the map flipped is throwing me off, but the middle area definitely reminds me of it. My most vivid memory of BF2 and when I realized how awesome the game was was actually on Dragon Valley. My friend was driving a humvee, I was the gunner. A helicopter was following and shooting at us, and right as I started to shoot them an enemy boat showed up next to us and I was constantly switching between them.

bidguy

Banned
so can we expect the naval dlc late january/early february or is that too soon ?

im getting bored of these same maps especially when the only good map is rogue transmission

so can we expect the naval dlc late january/early february or is that too soon ?

im getting bored of these same maps especially when the only good map is rogue transmission

Naval Strike is listed as a "Spring" release, so I doubt it.

If you're not on X1 though, Second Assault will be the second expansion, so I would assume that's be January or February.

Xyber

So you're telling me every time I get killed at 100% in an LAV or in an Abrams that there were 3 M2 Slams on the ground?

Why wouldn't there be? The few times I've used that thing I throw everything I got in 1 place to guarantee a kill if someone drives over them. Seems dumb to just place 1 and not blow up the vehicle or even disable it properly.

SG558 seems to be more accurate with out sacrificing too much RPM.

SG553*

But yes, that one is really nice. My favorite is AK 5C though. Feels just right for me.
And some stats that shows why I like that AK more than the SG http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?SG553_vs_AK_5C

HelloMeow

Its EA Partners. EA does not control the IP, own the studio, or effect the direction of the game in any meaningful way.

They just control the distribution of the product.

I remain skeptical. I am going to keep my distance from anything that touches EA.

If it turns out to be a good game, then that would be great, but I am not getting hyped for some turd again.

TheSeks

A lot of people slept on the SG553 in BF3. Mostly because RoF whoring. :/

I still say use whatever gun your comfortable with, over using stuff because the stats say their better/worse than your gun. In good hands most guns will beat others no issue.

oh, and ... one more for the good guys!

xxBbuR1.jpg

Ultryx

Why wouldn't there be? The few times I've used that thing I throw everything I got in 1 place to guarantee a kill if someone drives over them. Seems dumb to just place 1 and not blow up the vehicle or even disable it properly.

If you have to use 3 M2 Slam then why don't you just use 1 AT mine? Doesn't it destroy armor with one?

Xyber

If you have to use 3 M2 Slam then why don't you just use 1 AT mine? Doesn't it destroy armor with one?

No, at least 2 AT mines are required (don't know if reactive armor helps against them) and you have the option to stick the slams to stuff, that can come in handy. Many people might spot a mine on the ground at a choke point, but not see them sitting on a wall or something he must drive past.

But I rarely use any of them, need my RPG!

Ultryx

No, at least 2 AT mines are required (don't know if reactive armor helps against them) and you have the option to stick the slams to stuff, that can come in handy. Many people might spot a mine on the ground at a choke point, but not see them sitting on a wall or something he must drive past.

Well, damn. I wish they were a little easier to see!

Milennia

What carbine do you guys like? I've been rolling with the ACW-R, but I'm thinking about changing it up soon.

Ace 52.

Too good, hard to resist.
Also when i feel like try harding (even though the ace is try harding) ill use the al 5C, which is a consistent, overall good gun that has dumb amounts of range capabilities.

You can also stick the slams on enemy vehicles and they'll explode when they start moving. I find this quite funny.

MTAR/ACE52/ACE21 are all fine choices for the run and gunner.
Personally I would take the 21 over the 52 for its higher ROF and lower recoil.

AK5c is still the most reliable over all though. The accuracy on long range for that gun is ridiculous sometimes.

The slams remain after death too right? So you're gonna get the kill even if you die... that's way better than C4.

EDIT: Scratch that I just tried them out, seems like they do way less damage than C4. I couldn't get 3 slams to kill one boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom