• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellcrow

The slams remain after death too right? So you're gonna get the kill even if you die... that's way better than C4.

EDIT: Scratch that I just tried them out, seems like they do way less damage than C4. I couldn't get 3 slams to kill one boat.

3 SLAMS should kill anything, but they may be triggered from long ranges. Try bundling them closer.

Faith

Which weapon do you guys use for the support? I'm not shure if I should take the M249 or maybe something like the AK 5C or U-100 MK5?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Changed my mind. Dragon Pass is a shitty fucking map for anybody not rolling vehicle spam or sniper. Pass, forever.

Milennia

Changed my mind. Dragon Pass is a shitty fucking map for anybody not rolling vehicle spam or sniper. Pass, forever.

I didn't like it until i got decent with a tank.
I also play like a ninja engineer when i cant get into a tank.

My absolute favorites of china rising are guilin and altai.
Altai plays a little weird in my case.. Ends up being really infantry friendly when i get that map.

Faith

The new maps don't work for me. I like to be on foot and there is no way to reach an objective without being killed from a vehicle.

Zeppelin

Just got my 20 kills with the UCAV. The enemy commander got fed up, marked me as HVT and then launched the cruise missile on me. I deserved it. That thing is ridiculous.

I placed them right on the boat, like you would with C4.

Yeah, I'm not sure 3 are enough to kill the attack boat. When I mine the waters on Paracel I usually drop all 6 in the same spot. It's the only way to make sure!

EVIL

Pretty much, I haven't had a good round on it ever and I always felt I was being held under sniper fire constantly. I don't remember this being the case in BF2, probably because there was allot more vertical gameplay.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Guilin Peaks is infantry heavy and wouldn't be out of place in the Close Quarters map pack from Battlefield 3, but the layout is open and topography varied enough to prevent bad bottlenecks. Bikes and aircraft make getting around and putting pressure on big packs of infantry interesting.

Silk Road works pretty well. It's a big hotbox of chaos but the layered terrain and multitude of vehicles seem to balance everything out. I don't feel I'm under too much pressure from any one particular type of player, yet also feel I can roll as them if I want to. You do need to exploit bikes and such to get from A-to-B, but infantry combat is plentiful.

Haven't played enough of Guilin Peaks to really appreciate what it does right and wrong.

Dragon Pass is too fucking open, large, and flat. Simple as that. The topography has little variety with the exception of the rivers, which don't really contribute much since there's always ways around. This gives all heavy vehicles like anti-infantry and tanks a huge firing range against general infantry. Choppers also get a good bit of wiggle room. The only viable infantry option is to go sniper and exploit the openness just as much, which in most Conquest matches simply regresses the formula to deathmatch. The river should be interesting but nobody seems to give a shit about boats/jetskis when anti-infantry and tanks are all over the shoreline and choppers are in the sky, and the way it breaks up the terrain into bridge bottlenecks again favours vehicles over infantry.

I can see why someone who likes that kind of map style would love it, but I think it's awful and easily the worst map of the four in terms of encouraging a good diversity of encounters and play styles.

Milennia

I can see why someone who likes that kind of map style would love it, but I think it's awful and easily the worst map of the four in terms of encouraging a good diversity of encounters and play styles.

Agree with this for sure.
Its easily the worst in terms of diversity.

derFeef

I hate Autobalance.
1. It does not actually do anything to help the game's balance.
2. If it hits you it sucks.

RPK7 is pretty badass.

Zeppelin

You mean UCAV? ^^

How do you unlock it? And for which class is it?

For the support class. You need 1 Air Superiority ribbon and 3 Jet Fighter ribbons (5 kills in a jet in a round). It's easy if you find a high ticket air superiority server, otherwise getting the Jet Fighter ribbons is quite tough.

Faith

1 Air Superiority ribbon and 3 Jet Fighter ribbons (5 kills in a jet in a round). It's easy if you find a high ticket air superiority server, otherwise getting the Jet Fighter ribbons is quite tough.
How to you get the Air Superiority ribbon? And the class doesn't matter right? 5 kills is rly tough for me...I'm so bad in the jet :(

Couldn't we just do it together? 3-4 of us and everdybody gets the 5 kills?

Zeppelin

How to you get the Air Superiority ribbon? And the class doesn't matter right? 5 kills is rly tough for me...I'm so bad in the jet :(

By winning a round of Air Superiority, which is a China Rising exclusive mode where you only have jets. Be default the ticket count is really low so getting 5 kills is tough, but if you find one with a high ticket count it's a breeze even if you suck. :p

Milennia

Wait, you need 15 kills with the jet and you have to win the round? xD

Win a round (any round) and you need 3 ribbons (could be spaced apart , or in other words, they don't have to all be in the same game :p bc then I'm sure i would never get the ucav)

Faith

Win a round (any round) and you need 3 ribbons (could be spaced apart , or in other words, they don't have to all be in the same game :p bc then I'm sure i would never get the ucav)
Thank god! So 3 rounds with 5 kills, sounds doable :D

What's the best mode to achieve that?

Faith

Anything with attack jets and plenty of tanks, IFVs, and jeeps. Stealth jets are nerfed so hardcore it is pointless to try to use them at all.
Couldn't we just do it on a GAF server? Meet with a lot of GAF members and setup something like a jet near the enemy base on the ground?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wow... game just crashed during SP (as I completed a late level) and corrupted my save.

After I played through all that annoying shit. Right before I get my weapons.

Fuck this game man, seriously.

Akainu

I was never a fan of iron sights before but now that you have to wait for the texture or whatever to load/disappear they are a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom