• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoTHiTTeR

I really want to play bf4 on x360 and upgrade to xbone, but all of this gpu talk and 720/1080 mess has me swayed toward ps3/4. Shitty that the next gen embargo is on release day.

HariKari

I really want to play bf4 on x360 and upgrade to xbone, but all of this gpu talk and 720/1080 mess has me swayed toward ps3/4. Shitty that the next gen embargo is on release day.

If you are worried about your resolution and FPS destiny, look into PC gaming. I promise you it's not nearly as expensive as you think.

Cudder

Premium question:

If I buy BF4 premium at any point throughout BF4's lifespan, I get ALL of the content that early adopters got, right?

NIN90

Sorry that Im asking again but it's a really big problem for me.
I am hyped for this game and I really want to play it day one but I have no idea how to buy it in english.Im from poland and from what I know there is polish dubbing in this game and polish dubbings are almost always bad,besides I really like to play my games in original language.
I saw on EA forums that people from poland who bought it straight from Origin have only PL and Russian languages to chose for preload.
Does anybody here know some tricks or some other ways to buy and download english version?
Maybe there will be some trick to change language after release but I don't want to risk my money.

Games should be in English as long as you have your language for Origin set to English.

If my memory serve me right, they did something like this back with BF3 where only Russian was available on the RU version, though. In that case, someone will definitely upload the english files somewhere so you can just copy/paste them over your installation. So, worst case scenario, you'll be stuck with Polish for a couple days until someone uploads the files.

Getting a ROW key should also grant you a non-RU version.

HoTHiTTeR

If you are worried about your resolution and FPS destiny, look into PC gaming. I promise you it's not nearly as expensive as you think.

I'm part of a minority that prefers to play with a controller on a console; but, yeah - my 560ti and i5-3570 would be able to run it.

Ubersnug

Can I be honest, Im in the same boat and I've been debating the same sorry issue myself for the past few days. I've recently decided that Im not going to let the resolution issue bother me. It's still 60fps and 64 players on the XOne - which is 2 of the main reaosn I want the next gen version. I'm sure I can live without the extra 180 lines on the screen and enjoy the rest of the XOne lineup at the same time.

And can I be honest, since I decided that, I'm hyped for the game again.

Roll on the 1st and then the 22nd of November!

Valnen

You're so cool. I need cool people on my friends list, can I add you?

Your sarcasm is noted.

I don't see why someone should have to search for an empty server just to learn how vehicles work. And neither did DICE, thankfully. All online shooters should have a practice range.

Does Premium still transfer even if I don't buy the 360 version? I bought Premium on XBL but I'm just renting BF4 until the Xbox One version comes out. I don't mind if my stats aren't transferred over, but I'm just wondering if Premium does. Thanks!

derFeef

Your sarcasm is noted.

I don't see why someone should have to search for an empty server just to learn how vehicles work. And neither did DICE, thankfully. All online shooters should have a practice range.

I am with you on that one.
However, the training solves that now and everyone is happy. The new pilots, and those born with perfect flying skills.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does Premium still transfer even if I don't buy the 360 version? I bought Premium on XBL but I'm just renting BF4 until the Xbox One version comes out. I don't mind if my stats aren't transferred over, but I'm just wondering if Premium does. Thanks!

If the 360 version to 720: Yes.
If the PS3 version to 720: No.
If the PC version to 720: No.
If the 360 BF3 version to 720: No.
If the PS3 BF3 version to 720: No.
If the PC BF3 version to 720: No.

Lakitu

st5fu
Just heard Jackfrag's impressions (lol'd at locking players in prison cells and throwing incendiary grenades in). It's going to be a long wait for the PS4 version but can't wait to see some footage from the PC version tomorrow.

OrangeOak

Games should be in English as long as you have your language for Origin set to English.

If my memory serve me right, they did something like this back with BF3 where only Russian was available on the RU version, though. In that case, someone will definitely upload the english files somewhere so you can just copy/paste them over your installation. So, worst case scenario, you'll be stuck with Polish for a couple days until someone uploads the files.

Getting a ROW key should also grant you a non-RU version.

Thanks for your answer.I bought it on Origin with all Origin options set to English/US.
If it still will be in PL I will wait for some english files like you said.I hope that it will be doable that way.
Also I have to ask,what is a ROW key?

NIN90

Thanks for your answer.I bought it on Origin with all Origin options set to English/US.
If it still will be in PL I will wait for some english files like you said.I hope that it will be doable that way.
Also I have to ask,what is a ROW key?
ROW means "Rest of World", basically a key from any region except Russia.

Really looking forward to this.

No idea which version I'm getting, totally depends on what my online social group ends up going for. Most are leaning toward Xbox One, so I guess Xbox One unless something changes or they all find PS4 religion or something.

Either way, should be a beautiful blast.

Dr Dogg

I'm inbetwix inbetween if I want to pick this up right now as I've got so much on my plate. Though the beta has set the voices off in my head saying "go on!"

After BF3 I can't blame them.

Well it was waaay too serious. I've never liked the idea of a campaign in BF but loved the campy Bad Company ones.

AmyS

Getting the PS4 version as soon as I can get ahold of the system. I know it won't be as good as playing on a really high-end PC but at least it should be a big step above the current-gen console versions.

64 players and 60fps. I'm pumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom