• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Comet

Unfortunately I only have 8GB in mine and it's the Samsung RAM that is extremely hard to find now, if at all. Oh well, I'm only playing at 1080p60 anyways so maybe it won't matter that much.

Oh yeah I have a dumb question; how do I spot using a controller on PC? I only played a few hours during the beta and never could get it to work. (I know using a controller is a big disadvantage but what else can I do when its hooked up to my 60" Pioneer TV).

Select if it is the same as BF3.

I've only got 6 GBs of RAM so I'm slightly worried now. Guess I'll probably be upgrading that sooner rather than later.

Maybe a stupid question, but if you pre-load it from Origin, does anybody know what time it will be available to play? 12 AM EST or 3 AM?

ISOM

Is it weird that during the beta I was able to play on my 7850 at 1920x1200 at max settings with very little frame stutters? Should I upgrade? Although I hope it's the same when I buy the game next week.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is it weird that during the beta I was able to play on my 7850 at 1920x1200 at max settings with very little frame stutters? Should I upgrade? Although I hope it's the same when I buy the game next week.

We honestly won't know for a while. It's a "next-gen" title... but I want to say if you were fine with the beta's default settings or Ultra/Max, you'll be fine in the final release.

Though, with next-gen coming this coming month you're gonna be worrying about the next year or so until things for the specs of the consoles/ports from consoles is "standard"/less up-in-the-air.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I really doubt you'll suffer with 8gb of RAM. Have to wait for benchmarks, but would be shocked if there is a massive framerate difference between 8gb/16gb.

Xyber

The more RAM the better, but the engine seems smart enough to know that if you have 8GB it won't use more than that. So if you have 16GB the game allows it to go up to 9-10GB. I'm pretty sure I was at about 6GB when playing the beta with my 8GB, so it will work just fine with that. No need to worry unless you are sitting on 4GB now.

Nekrono

Man I'm so excited! Just two more days though, I don't think I'll be doing the VPN trick or who knows maybe I will if you guys post an easy method without too much hassle.

Anyways feel free to add me, would love to play with you guys. Sadly GAF BF3 players/servers did not last long but hopefully that will change with BF4.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Nekrono/

I don't want to mess with anyone's hype, but BF3's launch was a mess (game crashing, laggy servers, etc.), two years ago. It took DICE about a week to fix the "bf3.exe has stopped working" problem, which crashed the game every 15-20 minutes (I stopped getting it in January).

Hopefully BF4's launch will be more seamless, as EA was still trying to stabilize Origin back then.

a916

Will there be a large patch the second the game launches? Or are we pre-loading the entire game at it's current size?

EA's blog does mention "...you can get in to the game the second it's out" when it comes to pre-loading.

Wookieomg

Added everyone on the list as of 1:15 AM to my Origin friend list. Wish I could go back and edit my comments/playtime though. x_x Had a brain fart and didn't fill that info in lol.

vixlar

I don't want to mess with anyone's hype, but BF3's launch was a mess (game crashing, laggy servers, etc.), two years ago. It took DICE about a week to fix the "bf3.exe has stopped working" problem, which crashed the game every 15-20 minutes (I stopped getting it in January).

Hopefully BF4's launch will be more seamless, as EA was still trying to stabilize Origin back then.

And BC2 was a total mess on launch too. At least on consoles. I remember joining empty servers all the time (there were no server browser on consoles back then).

Just so I'm understanding this right, this whole upgrade for $10 process is through a code with the hard copy versions of the game as well? If so that pleases me, figured it would be digital.

Just so I'm understanding this right, this whole upgrade for $10 process is through a code with the hard copy versions of the game as well? If so that pleases me, figured it would be digital.
Don't forget you have to keep your disk to play it on ps4. That alone has me convinced to get the digital since I'll be playing bf4 a metric shit ton.

RulkezX

Beta worked fine for me on 4GB. On Win8 that is. It was a stuttery mess on Win7.

Beta worked fine for me with 4GB on win 7 ( 60fps @1080 everything on ultra 2x msaa)

It' also didn't use all available VRAM , hovering around 1.8gb out if the 3 available.

I'll bet benchmarks show RAM has next to zero impact on performance.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha to be fair everyone I've played has had a DICEy launch for me. 1942 was relatively pain free I remember but I had serious ATI driver issues at the time. 2 had hideous Gamespy problems. 2142 took about 9 months for patches to come out that made the game remotely playable. BC2 has problems with the server browser until about a month after launch on PC and messed up VoIP on PS3. BF3 had CTD and battlelog integration problems and server switching on PC and server balancing issues on PS3.

I don't know if it's just rotten luck on my end but I've kept on coming back. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but I quite enjoy the early teething issues of a DICE game.

Liha

Banned
Whoever is playing it on PC, better have loads of RAM in case.

http://www.hardwarepal.com/battlefield-4-cpu-gpu-benchmarks/13/

"Again the game eats system memory like pan cakes, never mind that we lowered the resolution to 1920×1080, system memory usage is peaking somewhere above 9 GB. Welcome to the next gen game, ladies and gentlemen! 10Gb for Battlefield 4 at this point in time is a must have, and if you can afford it go for at least 16 GB just to be sure."

finally!

Qvoth

how noob friendly is this game?
i admit i've never played any battlefield nor CoD before

i used to play tf2 and ns2 alot though, i was good at those

Spookie

Hmm. Time to file a claim with Paypal about SimplyGames me thinks. I posted on their Facebook wall asking for a refund and they deleted my post, what amazing customer service. :/

Seanspeed

Banned
Hmm. Time to file a claim with Paypal about SimplyGames me thinks. I posted on their Facebook wall asking for a refund and they deleted my post, what amazing customer service. :/

Shouldn't you email them about things like that? I mean, is Facebook really the place to transact a refund?

Battlefield multiplayer has a learning curve. There's a lot to it. Easy enough to run around and shoot things if you're familiar with FPS's, but to understand all the intricacies and vehicles and equipment and how to use them effectively can take some time. The maps are also fairly sizeable, so it may take a little bit longer to learn them than a standard FPS, but that comes with time.

I don't think its super noob friendly like Call of Duty is, where almost anybody can just pick it up and start playing somewhat ok. But it also wont take long before you get the basic idea of how to go about things and from there on out, there's a fairly high ceiling in terms of how good you can get.

Ark

I'd get BF4 on PS3 and do the upgrade thing, but I'm still playing Pokemon and I want my BF4 experience to be 64 players from the get-go. Added myself to the spreadsheet though :)

Looking forward to finally getting back into some Battlefield. Didn't play much BF3 but I practically lived in BC2.

Preemo

Banned

be a sniper and go to the nearest mountain, highest building, or farthest away from an objective and you will fit right in. smooth sailing from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom