• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
how noob friendly is this game?
i admit i've never played any battlefield nor CoD before

i used to play tf2 and ns2 alot though, i was good at those

I would say fairly noob friendly.

Veterans do not get this the wrong way.

But whenever I jump into Black Ops 2 after not playing for a while I get completly destroyed. COD is all about killing, and has little to do besides that.

I started out as a noob pc gamer with BF2. Some can argue that BF2 took more skill than newer FPS's, but that did not took away any of the fun for me. I made my own stories on the go and just played the objective, killing came second.

So even though I was not getting a decent KDR, that did not mean that I was not incredibly impressed that I took 3 flags that round.

I imagine it is going to be similar with BF4, BF is a series where you can have fun on many levels besides killing.

So my advice is: Jump in!

Spookie

Perhaps you shouldn't buy things from a vendor that you cant trust to email?

Just sayin, I don't think Facebook is where you go to get a refund on a product.

Well unfortunately, as it's often the case, you don't hear the horror stories still after you've made the order. I knew I should have stuck with GMG.

Dr Dogg

Hmm. Time to file a claim with Paypal about SimplyGames me thinks. I posted on their Facebook wall asking for a refund and they deleted my post, what amazing customer service. :/

Shit. That's not good. I've always been a bit wary of key resellers but I thought these guys were kosher. Hope you sort it out.

Shouldn't you email them about things like that? I mean, is Facebook really the place to transact a refund?

I don't know in this world of social media it's another form of communication, one that gives a bit more power to the consumer with it being a public conversation. Go check every phone networks pages and all you'll see is complaints. I even took to Twitter to get my electricity bill sorted and it was dealt with swiftly and more efficient that way. Plus deleting Spookie's post without even stating how they deal with enquiries and forwarding the correct procedure is bad customer service in itself.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I don't trust them enough not to ignore my e-mail.

Send them an email through their support system, say they deleted your Facebook post and if you don't receive a reply within 24 hours (which they state) then you'll file a grievance with PayPal.

It's what I've done anyway.

OrangeOak

will people play multiplayer after this VPN unlock or only single player?
Launch in Poland is on 31st and I don't know if Im safe by playing it earlier.

Jibbed

I don't trust them enough not to ignore my e-mail.

What does this even mean? If you don't try, you won't get anywhere.

Of course they don't want to see negative posts on their Facebook. I'm not defending SG but I've dealt with them in the past via email and they've responded very quickly.

RulkezX

Well unfortunately, as it's often the case, you don't hear the horror stories still after you've made the order. I knew I should have stuck with GMG.

What horror stories ?

To be fair to them they said keys would be sent on the 31st at the point of sale.

Yesterday they said keys would go out Tuesday...

BF4+Premium for 54.99 and 2 days earlier than promised doesn't seem half bad to me.

Has anyone had any experience with using VPN's for a Battlefield game? I have tomorrow off sick due to a nasty head cold I developed today and would love to take the time to finish BF4 single player before its Australian release date of the 31st. But I would hate to get banned.

Ensirius

Has anyone had any experience with using VPN's for a Battlefield game? I have tomorrow off sick due to a nasty head cold I developed today and would love to take the time to finish BF4 single player before its Australian release date of the 31st. But I would hate to get banned.

I VPN unlocked BF3.

No ban or warning whatsoever.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
SimplyCDKeys isn't an authorized re-seller of Origin products, they get their keys from gutting boxed copies, not from EA.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They saved me £30 and are sending keys tomorrow , is there a reason we should care they are box copy keys ?

Nope, I think he's just saying they need to get the copies before they can give you the keys.

airjoca

how noob friendly is this game?
i admit i've never played any battlefield nor CoD before

i used to play tf2 and ns2 alot though, i was good at those

Subscribe to jackfrags, LevelCapGaming and rivaLxfactor on Youtube. They have excellent tutorials on BF3 and will have on BF4.

jns

Pre-load started at 21:00 for us aussies. Also, seeing the 10 gig of ram usage has me feeling good that I upgraded to 16GB earlier this year!.

ULTRA SETTINGS AHOY!

kitch9

Banned
What horror stories ?

To be fair to them they said keys would be sent on the 31st at the point of sale.

Yesterday they said keys would go out Tuesday...

BF4+Premium for 54.99 and 2 days earlier than promised doesn't seem half bad to me.

He appears to have invented his own terms to which he expects them to do business and now has an issue that they aren't playing by his imaginary rules.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Battlelog is up. Open any battlepacks you have while you wait for BF4. :p Can also customize your emblem/portrait/etc.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Veteran Pack:
- SCOPE [3X] (SUPERIOR) Exclusively for the developers of Battlefield 4™ (wat)
- Franchise Veteran Dog Tag (STANDARD) Awarded to franchise veterans
- ACB-90 (DISTINGUISHED) Battlefield Veteran knife with added gut-hook to take out an enemy in melee and steal their dog tags.
- SPLINTER Camo (STANDARD)
- 100% XP BOOST (SUPERIOR) Earn 100% more every time you score points for 1 hour of actual play time! Points are added at the end of the round.

Premium Pack #1:
- The Premium P Dog Tag (STANDARD) Show off your status with this Premium Dog Tag!
- Premium Engineer Dog Tag (STANDARD) Show off your status with this Premium Dog Tag!
- Premium Support Dog Tag (STANDARD) Show off your status with this Premium Dog Tag!
- Premium Assault Dog Tag (STANDARD) Show off your status with this Premium Dog Tag!
- Premium Recon Dog Tag (STANDARD)Show off your status with this Premium Dog Tag!

Premium Pack #2:
- PREMIUM CUSTOMIZATION (PREMIUM) This item unlocks 10 Emblems and 4 Portraits for you to use on Battlelog!
- ERDL Camo (PREMIUM)
- YEGER Camo (PREMIUM)

Premium Pack #3:
- BEO GAM (PREMIUM)
- RELISH Paint (PREMIUM)
- CARBON FIBER (PREMIUM) Lightweight and quiet, use this sleek knife in melee combat to steal dog tags from your opponent.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Can't go through the whole thread. So forgive if it's already been asked.
Any option to uninstall the SP mode? &/or only download the multiplayer mode etc...?

Sethos

Banned
So what was the consensus on the premium battlepacks, wait until you played your class of choice a few times so it 'knows' and gives you items according or was that even true? or is that strictly the regular bronze / silver / gold packs?

kudoboi

Can't go through the whole thread. So forgive if it's already been asked.
Any option to uninstall the SP mode? &/or only download the multiplayer mode etc...?

i don't think so. id assume thats because SP contains assets that are needed for MP similar to COD

pleunv

Opening BF4's Battlelog in any browser seems to permanently occupy at least 10% of my CPU's. For a game this heavy they could've at least optimized the mandatory web launcher a bit. There's even a bloody html5 video looping in the background.

edot: the video is the culprit it seems. Removing it from the DOM drops CPU usage to almost nothing.

Tekku

So what was the consensus on the premium battlepacks, wait until you played your class of choice a few times so it 'knows' and gives you items according or was that even true? or is that strictly the regular bronze / silver / gold packs?

There are no class specific gadgets that are unlocked with battlepacks. And weapon attachments are unlocked with weapon battlepacks, or random bronze/silver/gold battlepacks.

Sethos

Banned
There are no class specific gadgets that are unlocked with battlepacks. And weapon attachments are unlocked with weapon battlepacks, or random silver/bronze/gold battlepacks.

Not speaking of class specific gadgets but weapon attachments for weapons that certain classes use, like it leans towards rewarding you with items for your most used class. Someone said that earlier -- Does that mean these premium packs as well.

derFeef

Opening BF4's Battlelog in any browser seems to permanently occupy at least 10% of my CPU's. For a game this heavy they could've at least optimized the mandatory web launcher a bit. There's even a bloody html5 video looping in the background.

edot: the video is the culprit it seems. Removing it from the DOM drops CPU usage to almost nothing.

Yup, I am blocking the video with firefox now.

cripterion

My emblem from beta is still there.

I also jumped in the server browser, there are servers up already too. :)

Ok thanks man, that's great to hear! Made me a rough looking GAF emblem so definitely wanted to keep it.
Preloading at 300 kb/s, this gonna be long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom