• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper88

I'll say it again, as I always do...Carbine as "all class" is beyond stupid.

Every class should have a pro/con..
Medic/Assault has the AR yet trades vehicle stopping power and/or repairing
Support has the LMG which should be godly in a non-mobile setting and C4 which is a vehicle stopper with risk associated to it.
Recon has the sniper rifle and assorted "eyes" and tactical equipment for insertion of troops, along with C4 and its risk associated uses.

Now the Engineer...it has the works in means of vehicle elimination and upkeep. Be it hard hitting rockets or Slams/Mines which work wonders. Now the downside of this class should be the PDW..but 99.999% of the player base has abandoned this weapon for the Carbine, and rightfully so.
Many Support players have even tossed aside the pro/cons of the LMG in favor of the All-Pro Carbine.
The Carbine is comparable to many of the AR's even surpassing some of them, so why not pack anti/pro vehicle abilities as well as be outfitted with an amazing gun selection?
Because...the game is a tucking boring clusterfuck of Carbine packing Engineers...every corner you turn in a vehicle or on foot is 9 Engineers with Carbines ready to smoke your ass or blow you up...

Picking and playing a class should come with penalties and pro's...a "best of both worlds" setting makes things stagnate and round after round of "which team has the most Engineers wins"

Should work like this..
Engineer- PDW/Shotgun (exactly like BF's Anti-Tank/Engineers weapon sets)

Medic/Assualt- All weapons accept Sniper Rifle (complete lack of vehicle ability balanced due to mastery of guns)

Support- LMG/Shotgun/PDW(Big powerfully guns close and far with C4/Clays/Mortars for explosives bonus)

Recon- Sniper Rifle/Carbine/PDW/DMR (Its the sniper class mixed with the Spec-Ops class)

Does this idea severely kick the Engineer class in the nuts when it comes to gun play?..FUCK YES! And it should..
BF4 is about large scale battles that are Vehicle-centric, hence you get the best tool set to use/destroy these vehicles, then you should get screwed some how.
When an Engineer isn't driving a vehicle, repairing a vehicle or eliminating a vehicle his main thought while facing a swarm of soldiers is "This isn't my specialty!"..not "Oh, I got my AK-5C...let me pick these guys off from 100 meters!"

I think this man has a point.

heck... I run 52 CQB on Egineer, Support and Sniper (aggressive insertion).

the BF3 setup was much more balanced in my eyes.

I say scrap the idea of all kit weapons or heavily gimp it. I'm more in favor of scrapping it.

Shotguns goes to Support.
DMRs to Recon.
Carbines heavily gimped and made for Engineer.

It takes away the uniqueness of classes. I'll go even as far as to delete obsolete weapons.

Preemo

Banned
I think this man has a point.

heck... I run 52 CQB on Egineer, Support and Sniper (aggressive insertion).

the BF3 setup was much more balanced in my eyes.

he doesnt, BF3 engis had carbines as well. also, the best carbine got nerfed to burst fire only. the biggest problem with engis is the mines and slams dont spot properly.

theres nothing wrong with tons of engineers on the battlefield. in fact, id say its a rare thing. i see mostly recons as usual.

Yeah, for all that I'd agree the carbines are great all round, there are still loads of people playing assault rifle guy and bolt action sniper guy.

Milennia

If nobody has seen it yet, second assault is due out in Feb, im guessing week one for premium.

F2000 and shitball assignments inc!!!

Seriously, i just want oman and the F2000/vss, fuck everything else.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I've never had that slant to Engineers being too powerful as much as some of you guys because in the beginning of BF4 I stuck more to Domination since it's the best for unlocking and leveling up guns so everything was CQ and no vehicles around. Then I finally moved into playing more into Rush and Conquest after that month and a half when the community happened to suck a little less ass at going for objectives. Personally I think all classes are strong, even without the carbines in play, but then again, I really, really put each class to use with the best attachments in each, and when it comes to free points, the Engineer is actually my slowest money maker.

I switch up often between all four classes, mainly when I look at my weapon progression, or want to use a gun that I know is really good but didn't put much time into, or unlocked the Coyote sight for yet, and this is how I make big points and don't find Engineer that strong point and teamwork-wise.

Support (my favorite class) - I switch between two styles based on the map and mode, but it's mostly Claymores & big ammo box, with the 3 claymore perk. On Domination, it's a field day with the free claymore kills on Domination, Flood Zone especially because I can basically hold A and B on my own, even when the rest of my team act stupid and camp the roofs with snipers all game. I know the best spots by heart to hide claymores by each flag or doorway, and whenever I get a kill, I immediately replace it, but never in the exact spot, just to see the same guy die four or five times. Ammo box is the second source of free points here because almost no one drops ammo, so while I'm running around, I drop ammo and watch the crowd come in and my points tally up.

The other Support class setup I run otherwise is the XM25 + Ammo box, with the two ammo boxes & extra ammo for the XM25. This right here is points galore because just like the health box, I always make sure that two ammo boxes are out at all times, and with the XM25, no enemy can camp anywhere on my watch. On a roof, in a room, behind a wall, I can kill you without you seeing me, and you won't know where it's coming from until you're watching the killcam. My favorite gadget, slightly above C4.

Assault - Defibs & big health box, with two health box squad perk all day no matter the situation. Bad teammates stay alive because I always keep two health boxes out on the field wherever they set up their choke/camp spots while I push up and flank. If they die, I revive them. Usually full or high enough and immediately drop a health box because of the fast charge perk that comes with this perk choice. Free points, teammates live longer to be distractions for me while I flank and squad wipe from behind with a silencer, and tickets don't drop because I revive them if they do die.

Recon - this one has the most variety of the ways I play, and all three are aggressive recon, although my PLD setup is a bit slower, and more of a defensive/assist style. Regardless of which setup I use, C4 is permanently on there, because to me you aren't a recon without C4. The three setups I use are FY-JS + C4 + PLD (specifically for Paracel Storm Rush defense or Golmud Railway Rush Attack) - loads of spotting for the team in a split second right there for enemy awareness plus assist points, Carbine/Shotty + C4 + T-UGS for Operation Locker regardless of attack or defense for rush, and for all maps on Domination (free points for T-UGS motion sensor assist points in all of the hotspots/choke points) and FY-JS or Carbine + C4 + Radio Beacon on Rogue Transmission Rush Attack only, or also on Operation Locker Rush Attack if the team sucks and I have no one to spawn on to keep the offense going.

Finally, Engineer. Rarely do I break this out because the easiest way by far for me to take out ground vehicles is to simply sneak up on them Sam Fisher-style and C4 them. Gone in an instant, no chance for them to bail out or drive away like rockets always do, unless they were already damaged. Even if I have to run across the map to do so, I always get who I'm targeting, especially since I'm using the rest of the team as distractions. The main reason why I ever bust out an Engineer is when I want to level up PDW's for a change, and all of the ones I wanted to are done now, except for the UMP-45 which I haven't touched yet, but I know it'll be a fun beast. The only other time I do so are the times when I see a Little Bird or transport chopper hanging around in the air for too long above our base and the rest of the team hasn't done anything about it, or they keep dying to it. I'm great with avoiding enemy helicopters, because honestly I don't come across any amazing pilots on the other team at all, and might have gotten killed by a helicopter less times than I can count on one hand. The once in a blue moon time when I ever died, you better believe that I switched to Engineer and busted out my SRAW and clipped that Little Bird's wings real quick, whether in one shot, or they get a mobility hit and crash right after. Other than that, if I just happen to be leveling a PDW and I see something in the sky, I always try to take it down with the SRAW too. Made some nice far kills with it, even caught someone as they bailed out with a SRAW to the face before they popped their parachute too.

So even though I do get some free kills with the AT mines sometimes too (when I actually use them, like on Silk Road Rush Defense one time), I don't see the Engineer class as strong as some of you guys do, especially since I make so much more points and benefit the team much more with the other three classes. To me all four are good, but the Engineer is in last place. If I see a tank, my choice to eliminate it would quicker go to a recon class than an engineer.

Boy that was a long post.

I'm not even sure it's a set limit, but there's times where the Cruise Missile option is greyed out and I chalk it up to that. I have no clue why it doesn't let me use it in modes that allow it (see: Conquest).

you need to control certain objectives to have access to the cruise missile/gunship. I think it's Charlie on conquest and one of the three home defense points on Obliteration.

Finaaaally unlocked that ink blotch. Haven't been so frustrated at the game since I was rank 5 and getting donged on by literally everyone.
The on the positive side, I'll never touch a PDW again!

And now to unlock Blue Tiger. Are any shotguns better than the rest? I haven't used them in this game yet. Hope to blow through this assignment pretty quickly... I'm really not the kind of player that rushes in close if I can help it.

I guess the SAIGA 12K would be the easiest to grind out kills.

Acorn

If nobody has seen it yet, second assault is due out in Feb, im guessing week one for premium.

F2000 and shitball assignments inc!!!

Seriously, i just want oman and the F2000/vss, fuck everything else.
The source is a customer service guy and it doesn't even mention ps4. I'm waiting for a official announcement before I get my hopes up.

Milennia

The source is a customer service guy and it doesn't even mention ps4. I'm waiting for a official announcement before I get my hopes up.

If PC is mentioned, it also means PS4.
Always been that way, always will be in terms of exclusive deals, especially with premium holders, they wont separate those two platforms without an exclusivity deal.

Acorn

If PC is mentioned, it also means PS4.
Always been that way, always will be in terms of exclusive deals, especially with premium holders, they wont separate those two platforms without an exclusivity deal.
Still it remains that only a cs grunt has said this. Dice or ea haven't confirmed.

Milennia

Still it remains that only a cs grunt has said this. Dice or ea haven't confirmed.

I have always assumed it was end of january, there has never been a map pack deal that has lasted as long as this one on consoles, never.

Almost enough time to drum up a conspiracy.

Acorn

I have always assumed it was end of january, there has never been a map pack deal that has lasted as long as this one on consoles, never.

Almost enough time to drum up a conspiracy.
Conspiracy? The hell are you talking about?

CS grunts are generally the last people to know anything and are prone to bullshitting, nothing wrong with being sceptical - especially when ea hasn't moved quickly to get pr out for it. But sure... conspiracy, grow up.

Milennia

Conspiracy? The hell are you talking about?

CS grunts are generally the last people to know anything and are prone to bullshitting, nothing wrong with being sceptical - especially when ea hasn't moved quickly to get pr out for it. But sure... conspiracy, grow up.

Grow up? Im going to guess your sense of humor is either below an extreme parameter, or you have no clue what I'm talking about.

Im actually so mind fucked at the fact that you thought i said customer service employee leaks are a conspiracy, i would like to know how you came to such a conclusion.. Lol
I could probably right a thesis on it.

Acorn

Grow up? Im going to guess your sense of humor is either below an extreme parameter, or you have no clue what I'm talking about.

Im actually so mind fucked at the fact that you thought i said customer service employee leaks are a conspiracy, i would like to know how you came to such a conclusion.. Lol
I could probably right a thesis on it.
Get 'right' on it.

You seemed to be implying my skepticism was like a conspiracy theory, hence my reply.

Milennia

Get 'right' on it.

You seemed to be implying my skepticism was like a conspiracy theory, hence my reply.

I seemed nothing of the sort lol.
I said conspiracy following my own statement, implying it refers to my statement, and not yours.
You were pretty quick to jump on that insult train though.

They could make another commercial out of that historic match.

kLlcZ9S.jpg

I notice my squadmate's tank is stuck on a railing, so I drive over and push him off, but then I get stuck in the same spot and he has to dislodge ME. Only in Battlefield!

ggs dudes.

loooooool

Milennia

I will lay it out.
My statement was regarding SA being the longest map exclusivity deal in console history, and the fact that its not even rumored to be out at the end of january is enough to drum up a conspiracy.

Which is also a joke, hence my reply about you comedic understanding.

JJD

Yup, and the MTAR-21 is basically an all class assault rifle because of how they still didn't change the damage output on it.

Huh? The MTAR is a PDW disguised as a carbine. All the MTAR real strengths are in areas that PDWs excel. There is nothing wrong with it's damage output, it does 30 - 18 damage and shoots at 900BPS but it's range is horrible thus it's only really effective at close quarters. It's recoil is high, the ACWR for exemple has a rate of fire 880 and much better recoil pattern and range making it much more similar to a assault rifle than the MTAR.

I don't think the MTAR is comparable to a assault rifle, I think it is much more similar to a PDW when you consider it's strengths and weaknesses. Most ARs will take down the MTAR at medium to long range.

Milennia

Huh? The MTAR is a PDW disguised as a carbine. All the MTAR real strengths are in areas that PDWs excel. There is nothing wrong with it's damage output, it does 30 - 18 damage and shoots at 900BPS but it's range is horrible thus it's only really effective at close quarters. It's recoil is high, the ACWR for exemple has a rate of fire 880 and much better recoil pattern and range making it much more similar to a assault rifle than the MTAR.

I don't think the MTAR is comparable to a assault rifle, I think it is much more similar to a PDW when you consider it's strengths and weaknesses. Most ARs will take down the MTAR at medium to long range.

He means its not supposed to have an assault rifle damage spread.
Its supposed to have a carbine spread, but a better ROF/run and gun overall than the ACW.

They know about it as its been reported hundreds of times, but its not like its a big deal or anything.
I sure as hell don't care.

JJD

He means its not supposed to have an assault rifle damage spread.
Its supposed to have a carbine spread, but a better ROF/run and gun overall than the ACW.

They know about it as its been reported hundreds of times, but its not like its a big deal or anything.
I sure as hell don't care.

What do you mean by damage spread?

I wouldn't trust the word of customer support, but I do feel confident that whenever the other systems get Second Assault, the ceiling glitch on Metro will still be exploitable despite it being complained about in BF3 and by Xbox One players.

You'd think that, but my jaw dropped when I compared the MTAR to the AEK on Symthic and found their TTK is nearly identical, with exception to 39-41 meters.

Edit: Sorry, DP

Milennia

What do you mean by damage spread?

It does the damage of a high ROF assault rifle, when its supposed to do the damage of a high ROF carbine.

Its not a big deal as nobody really notices it, but its on the mega bug list, and they seem to take everything from there, so it will be fixed eventually.

Its meant to be a more run and gun friendly ACW, as opposed to eclipsing the ACW in any given situation, as you shouldn't be going for medium range with any of these weapons, yet its still possible for both to do decent at said range, meaning, the ACW is eclipsed, as opposed to being an alternative, like they intended it to be.

JJD

I wouldn't trust the word of customer support, but I do feel confident that whenever the other systems get Second Assault, the ceiling glitch on Metro will still be exploitable despite it being complained about in BF3 and by Xbox One players.

LOL! It's still there? Even on the bone? After all that time bitching about it on BF3? Damn Dice! Haha!

At least they removed the floor glitch C flag, BF3 metro...

Better not talk about it or I'll end up jinxing it and the glitch will be back! :-|

Acorn

I will lay it out.
My statement was regarding SA being the longest map exclusivity deal in console history, and the fact that its not even rumored to be out at the end of january is enough to drum up a conspiracy.

Which is also a joke, hence my reply about you comedic understanding.
Fair enough, I apologise.

glitch? you mean the legitimate tactic of occupying unused rooms via window ledge hopping?!?

Almost all the servers I try to join, I get game disconnected error. I have all ports forwarded. I don't know if it's on my end or the game's fault.

It seems the connection problems may be due to corrupted player slots.

Schlep

Played enough of BF3 to check out Strike at Karkand tonight since I fell off right around when it was released. It's actually very surprising to me how different the two games feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom