• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Got up behind a guy and just as I was about to knife him, I just die randomly. We were at the edge of the map, he was sniping in the opposite direction and no one else was there. I dunno what the hell happened.

So frustrating.

And then you have every man and his dog who are using the DMRs now. That fucking sound. It gets me frustrated to hear those assholes spamming that shit everywhere... which makes me play so much worse. And that in turn gets me even more frustrated. I'm barely going even... Let alone keeping up my usual objective score

EGHHH

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Couple of days ago I got "killed in action" as well too from just climbing up on a shirt platform that wouldn't let me get up right away after a few tries. Just like that, for no reason.

I took a few seconds to pause, and just continued, because that's how bad the game is with unexpected nonsense like that - it just happens for no reason, and to go crazy about it wouldn't be worth it. I'm not accepting the nonsense, but I'm just used to it now, which is why something like that happens, I just finish up the match and either turn it off or give the game one more chance for the evening.

zma1013

Does Dice have any plans to remove or change Active Radar at all? It really is one of the silliest things in the game at the moment.

turnbuckle

Does Dice have any plans to remove or change Active Radar at all? It really is one of the silliest things in the game at the moment.

I've never used it before. Is it silly in an overpowered way or silly in a useless way? I don't even know what it does.

I'm not sure I see the point of the AC-130 in this game. It's stupid easy to shoot down, fairly weak offensively, gets deployed with limited lines of sight (Dawnbreaker, really?), and only gets deployed if you have a commander, even thought Armored Kill demonstrated that launching it can be automated.

Oh, and if it was buffed to be useful, I'm sure there'd be outcry about that too.

I thought active missiles were going to be nerfed in the last patch.
I've not used them, but they used to be:
Same damage as other AA missiles but no lock required, fire and forget and a near infinite range. Oh, and countermeasures generally don't work against them.
They just made every other missile completely pointless.

The AC130 is balanced about right. It's pretty weak, but it does help get some fire support when taking an objective, and it lets the whole team use it as a parachute spawn point if you want to do a zerg rush.
As you say, if it was more powerful, I think people would hate it. It'd just be a tool for griefing any ground troops.

I'm not sure I see the point of the AC-130 in this game. It's stupid easy to shoot down, fairly weak offensively, gets deployed with limited lines of sight (Dawnbreaker, really?), and only gets deployed if you have a commander, even thought Armored Kill demonstrated that launching it can be automated.

Oh, and if it was buffed to be useful, I'm sure there'd be outcry about that too.

To be honest, I'm fairly impressed by how well it's balanced.

It can be useful, but you need to learn how to lead with the shots.

To be honest, I'm fairly impressed by how well it's balanced.

It can be useful, but you need to learn how to lead with the shots.
I do lead with the shots, but unless you bullseye the vehicle, the splash is fairly limited. And, if by some chance you are lucky enough to survive more the 30 seconds without getting wrecked by a jet in one pass, you're sitting there waiting for ammo to regen and firing off 1 shot every 5-10 seconds.

I do lead with the shots, but unless you bullseye the vehicle, the splash is fairly limited. And, if by some chance you are lucky enough to survive more the 30 seconds without getting wrecked by a jet in one pass, you're sitting there waiting for ammo to regen and firing off 1 shot every 5-10 seconds.

Actually, you know what. I find the machine gun slot (3rd seat) far more effective then being in the first seat because like you said, the reload takes ages.

zma1013

I've never used it before. Is it silly in an overpowered way or silly in a useless way? I don't even know what it does.

Silly overpowered missles that you just shoot in the general direction of an aircraft and they track it automatically and give the aircraft no warning until it practically hits the aircraft.

I'm having serious issues with this game. I go into a server which has full bars but as soon as start playing it's starts Glitching. I run and it's glitch lagging all over the place. Anyone having this issue?

turnbuckle

I'm having serious issues with this game. I go into a server which has full bars but as soon as start playing it's starts Glitching. I run and it's glitch lagging all over the place. Anyone having this issue?

I was having a better time of things than many seemed to be in the day or two after the patch, but the last two nights have been pretty brutal. The usual suspect maps are worse than ever for me - not just the annoying rubberbanding while moving, but my aiming while in vehicles is jerking all over the place. Rotate cannon 30 degrees to the right, split second later it goes to its default position; do it again, same thing happens. Then all of a sudden my cannon will spaz out. I mean, things like that aren't new to me in this game or online games in general from time to time, but the intensity and frequency of it on a couple maps in Conquest these past few days has been quite frustrating.

I've also had some of my best games in the last few days (finally broke 10000 points for a game). So maybe the added lag is allowing me to compete a bit better with others? haha, I dunno, but I feel your pain.

Seems random to me - some rounds shit, some okay, some silky - but yes, I think most everyone is experiencing this to one degree or another.

Timu

Spawning in Domination is terrible, not only do I get shot as soon as I spawn sometimes, but I also killed 2 enemies that spawned in the same spot several feet from me, lol wut???

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Spawning in Domination is terrible, not only do I get shot as soon as I spawn sometimes, but I also killed 2 enemies that spawned in the same spot several feet from me, lol wut???

Spawns being weighted and if everyone is at a "safe" spawn spot the spawning freaks out.

Same issue with TDM. But TDM generally tries to spawn you at the OTHER end of the map from where the action is for "safety" reasons.

However, if you're spawning on Squad mates with "WARNING" on their screen, well... that's your fault. They're in a hot-action-spot non-safe-spawn and that spawn is delayed by like... 5 seconds or so, not a good indicator but a decent one to find someone else to spawn on.

Couple of days ago I got "killed in action" as well too from just climbing up on a shirt platform that wouldn't let me get up right away after a few tries. Just like that, for no reason.

that existed in BF3 too. amazing how bugs linger from sequel to sequel in this franchise.

the one thing it can do is be immediately redeployed by the commander after it's shot down. so if a team is consistent in controlling Charlie it will be up for the entire match.

it's too bad squad leaders can't activate it when no commanders are online.

Fuck yeah. Had an awesome game for once which wasn't ruined by the lag and the constant stuttering (although you definitely couldn't call it silky smooth). Played probably my best Conquest so far going 47-16 (11329 points) as an Engineer and was really beasting it at some point. Must have broken my killing streak record too but is there any way to check it? Anyway, it's a shame that this game is plagued by so many issues cos this game would be really damn good if everything worked smoothly.

btkadams

finally getting into this game after getting plagued with crashes for so long. i'm a total battlefield noob though, so it's taking some getting used to.

is there really no proper integration of ps4 party in battlefield? i was in a party with 1 friend and it was a struggle to get into the same game and actually end up being on the same team.

Milennia

finally getting into this game after getting plagued with crashes for so long. i'm a total battlefield noob though, so it's taking some getting used to.

is there really no proper integration of ps4 party in battlefield? i was in a party with 1 friend and it was a struggle to get into the same game and actually end up being on the same team.

Nope, its that bad.

Pretty sure they wont change it for BF4s lifetime due to them sticking to their guns on the subject every time its brought up.

Edit: just checked the vehicle kill stats on pS4 account and LOL

Vehicles destroyed 312
Vehicle damage 313

Wtf

AmyS

This is not a release date for Second Assault, just someone's guess:

Feb 11 (Tuesday) = premium members

Feb 25 (Tuesday) = non-premium members

90 percent sure i'm right.

Upcoming Patch to fix 0 percent health glitch on killcard and TDM sound issues on first round.
Lag/rubberbanding/netcode on Conquest to be addressed as well.
Other things will also be adjusted.

90 percent sure i'm right.

:)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064773671573023/

All I know is, as a non-XBone and non-premium member, I want Second Assault on PS4, right in my veins.

TheSeks

it's a good assumption. Aftermath was the only staggered release DLC they released that bled into a 2nd calendar month for non-Premium users... oh, i guess i should say 'only other' right?

Wickerman

I've never seen this on the PS4 before. The game crashed and took me to 'send crash info' screen'. I hit accept and tried to start the game back up again but none of the buttons on the controller worked. The only button that had input was the PS button so I hit shut down the console. I waited for around 5 minutes and the console still would not shut down so I decided to power down using Safe Mode. Has anyone ever experienced that before?

Erban1

They've got something that teams you up the next round, but like millennia said don't expect a true party system ever. Btw be sure to add some GAF people from the google doc in the OP, it's a lot easier to get things done and play well when you aren't running solo.

Omni

Played a game on Silk Road...

u93m.png

Only died twice because I started screwing around on foot trying to knife people... but wow. For 30 of those kills I was in a chopper with no engineer repairing and yet no one thought that it was a good idea to shoot me down. Well one guy tried. Must have got him at least 7 times before he fired a second shot off

crazy how unaware some players are on late night Australian servers. Need to stop going in solo, I thinks. Annoying when you're on the other side of it.

I think I may ahve posted this back a long time ago, but I need some tips for support/lmg loadout.

For long range/med/short range what should I be using? I have a m249 unlocked from singleplayer, and up to the PKP in multiplayer. Need to know what kind of attachments I should be using.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I have some beautiful little moments to share.

Moment 1, the extremely satisfying reward you get when you successfully sneak behind enemy lines with a shotgun.

Moment 2, a lone soldier on his motorcycle tries to run me over and almost escapes.

Moment 3, just watch this one.

AmyS

I never got to play any of the DLC for Battlefield 3 on PC but from the videos I've seen, the Armored Kill expansion with Tank Superiority mode looked like it was a lot of fun.

Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Gameplay Premiere Trailer (1080p):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6j5lXHNi8w

Armored Kill Launch Trailer (1080p):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB8lWvpp4ww

Damn, I really wanted to play Tank Superiority on the Bandar Desert and Armored Shield maps.
Bandar Desert was, and still is, the largest map in any BF game.

No chance for any of that in BF4 on PS4.

So when I do get a high end gaming rig later this year I'll have to get the release of BF3 that came with all the expansions.

TheSeks

> Perform a headshot from a distance of 250m

Doing my head in on these. Can't land a shot that isn't 100m or less in an entire round. Going for body shots while sniping for the objective even in Rush while camping the armed crate. Ugh ugh ugh.

> Perform a headshot from a distance of 250m

Doing my head in on these. Can't land a shot that isn't 100m or less in an entire round. Going for body shots while sniping for the objective even in Rush while camping the armed crate. Ugh ugh ugh.

this one is taking a while for me too.

the worst is the melee assignments, I have played for 130+ hours now and I still don't have one melee ribbon.

TheSeks

this one is taking a while for me too.

the worst is the melee assignments, I have played for 130+ hours now and I still don't have one melee ribbon.

I've got like 3-5 but I haven't gotten 4 kills in a round in a while since I don't go out of my way for those with counter-knifes being able to be rolled back into due to the netcode.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm mad.

Purposely avoided using the DMRs ever since I saw that they weren't for me and they were garbage since the beta. Not even equipped once. Was on a long-ass streak today in Domination, actually crushing the other team because the teammates actually had enough brains to hold the objectives I captured. Was running Medic, and no matter how many times I had the call up for ammo, none of the support guys on my team dropped ammo. Period. I'm talking actively looking across the whole map and minimap for even just the little ammo packs, and there were multiple support guys outside of my squad.

Ran up on three guys that I killed right up to using my very last bullet. Switched to my pistol which was also on its last clip. Killed a guy who was assault, was completely empty so I did what I normally never do - pick up his kit. I saw it was an assault kit, and I saw a guy running up to me again, so in my haste, I pick it up and immediately started hip-firing, and I put him down in three hits. It dawned on me mid-way through the kill that the gun was shooting single-shots, and then it hit me a split-second before I made the kill on him...

...it was a damn DMR.

I actually stood still for a few seconds letting it sink in, then I was wondering why in the WORLD would an Assault guy run a crappy-ass DMR when he has access to the best guns in the game? Fuck. Now my record has one lousy-ass DMR kill because of stupid teammates that don't even drop ammo for themselves, and other players that run terrible kits.

Damn it.

So is everything down? I can't do shit.

edit: guy on my list says he's in a game so guess not. I can't sign in to EA servers though. What the shit.

edit: guy on my list says he's in a game so guess not. I can't sign in to EA servers though. What the shit.

On PS4 when I click on Multiplayer, i get the message "You have lost connection to the EA servers. Online features will be unavailable."

Ominym

Banned

I'm having the same issue too. According to reddit, others are as well. Welcome to player apperciation month!

TheSeks

I think they're being DDoSed or something. Battlelog is taking a while to load and servers were sporadically dropping packets for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom