• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethos

Banned
For the love of ... Had to create a new YT channel because they cut you back down to the 15 minute limit if you have any Content ID strikes - Fuckers :p

Does anyone know what that VPN service is that you pay $1 for one day of access? I never have any luck with FlyVPN, their servers are always busy for me.

vixlar

You can see the assignments too. It seems you need level 10 to get bronze assignments :-o

And some weapons must be unlocked trough SP campaign. ¬¬

HariKari

Thought it unlocked today, but apparently it was just the preload. :(
Let's find out if you can VPN after the fact, I guess.

This should completely unlock via korean VPN in a little over 30 minutes. NA servers are already up.

I can't agree with that, I'd say it's ONE of the reasons but the main reason PC players are called elitist is that they constantly boast about better graphics, better resolutions and better framerates.

Try and play against a good PC player with a controller. You will lose.

Sethos

Banned
Booted up BF3 just to make sure my recording software was working etc. and the game refuses to go into fullscreen, ALT + Enter, the fullscreen options in the options menu, nothing! Everybody is harping on about teamviewer but I don't have that installed. Hope BF4 won't be effected.

You can see the assignments too. It seems you need level 10 to get bronze assignments :-o

And some weapons must be unlocked trough SP campaign. ¬¬

Oh noes... I was going to skip the SP campaign completely, but being the multiplayer unlocking whore that I am, I need to play it through now. :e

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
does DING DING DING DING means yes?

ding-ding-o.gif

Preloaded and ready to go. Looking forward to it but we are getting Kittens tomorrow sooooo....not sure how much I will get to play. Damn fluffy distractions.

Kinthalis

Banned
Great video, glad to see the next generation versions will be close to the PC. So excited for 64 player on console!

So I just realized the nuance that the term PC "elitism" really conveys. It's amazing that so much meaning can be packed into such a short term. It seems like it can stand in for:

- Some random PC gamer being an ass.

- Some random PC gamer mentioning something kick ass about PC gaming.

- Some random PC gamer correcting nonsense like $5,000 PC's.

- Some random PC gamer saying he prefers to game on PC's (I mean, can you believe that? The humanity!).

- Some random PC gamer mentioning PC in any way shape or form on youtube video comments.

Interesting, the incredible flexibility of the English language. Hell if you took all those meanings, put them into a text file and ZIPPED it up, it would still be larger than "PC Elitist".

Amazing.

Joke's on them though, as "PC elitism" in all it's glorious forms isn't going anywhere. Unless you think PC hardware and software will remain stagnant. Today BF4 will have the same multi-player (but worse graphics). In a few of years we'll be back to the PC version being superior in some way, and if anyone dares to point it out, well, you know what to call them, I guess.

TL;DR:

Please stop using this term. It's stupid. It makes YOU sound like an elitist jerk. IT's great that consoles are finally catching up to the PC - PC gamers are probably happier about this than some console gamers! But PC gaming will continue to evolve. It's not going to stand still. Continually bringing up parity as some sort of gotcha is only going to come back and bite you in the ass in 3 years.

derFeef

Booted up BF3 just to make sure my recording software was working etc. and the game refuses to go into fullscreen, ALT + Enter, the fullscreen options in the options menu, nothing! Everybody is harping on about teamviewer but I don't have that installed. Hope BF4 won't be effected.

Do you have 8.1 and SweetFX? Caused some problems for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom