• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeOak

Game runs surprisingly well on my 7850. Had pretty bad performance in the beta with everything on low, but on high the framerate is still solid in campaign.

It was before all the beta updates or after?
It was playable even on ultra settings later on in the beta.Low settings should give you 50+ fps easily.Maybe we have different definition of playable though because for me it starts at 30+ fps :p

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
kinda bummed that I had to get off... its such a massive improvement from that stupid Beta. Feels like a new game.. but alas, Im up at 4.30am for work so needs be

By "improvement from that stupid beta" you mean the game runs a lot better now? Framerate, etc?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And you were using 331.65 drivers? They were supposed to fix this issue. I'll follow up with Nvidia

Oh, hey, Repi while you're here. Why does the Nvidia 760 flash black/textures randomly in BF3? Nvidia said they'd fix this post 320.16 but it hasn't been fixed. :/

Anotherniles said:
People holding off for the next-gen cross platform jump?

Basically.

iyimDBFuCm6I0.gif

I had fun the little I could play without it crashing :p

I just had to get revenge on that ship by parkouring on it, after it fucking killed me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR39P9iwnRE&feature=share&list=UU5cRH6NQk9wdxmD0xbxGicw

i3JbssGRRsoNf.gif

Seriously though we discovered we could basically just glide up on the ship like that, i got up quite far but then the round ended lol

AmyS

I feel good about going with a either a single OC GTX 780 w/ 3 GB or maybe the 780 Ti if there's a 4 GB option.

What Intel CPU model should I go with?

It'lll be a safely OC Haswell Core i7 but what model # and what clockspeed would be good for mostly Ultra settings @1080p ?

I know I'll go with 16 GB DDR3 instead of 8.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

SiRatul

Darn it! I'm getting weak and am only a bit away from ordering this for PC just so I can play it a month before my PS4 copy arrives.

Starviper

So how many here went with digital deluxe? I wish I got standard after I realized the vehicle unlocks were for Battlefield 3 instead of 4.

Anyone have a guide for the vpn thingy?

Download flyvpn

Connect to thailand or korean server

boot up origin

unlock game

join a random server or start the campaign

Now the game should be unlocked and you can quit the game and disconnect from the VPN, now you can play without having to connect to the VPN first.

Leb

There are pretty big differences in the lighting. PR shot looks more natural. Actual game looks a lot more dull. I guess it got hit with he color grading stick (or the PR shot is photoshopped quite a bit). But it's not bad. SweetFX could probably punch it up a bit.

Hmmm. It actually almost looks like a different time of day or something. Can that be altered in realtime in FB3, btw?

Heysoos

Download flyvpn

Connect to thailand or korean server

boot up origin

unlock game

join a random server or start the campaign

Now the game should be unlocked and you can quit the game and disconnect from the VPN, now you can play without having to connect to the VPN first.

is flyvpn reliable? I'd hate to download and install something that could end up leading to malware

gossi

FOV lock so single player non controllable scenes render right (anybody remember hacking the Metro Last Light FOV and having the camera see through walls?)

is flyvpn reliable? I'd hate to download and install something that could end up leading to malware

Haven't caused me problem using it for fifa14 or BF (and it's just a trial, there's a paid version)... You could also try some other VPN's, flyVPN is just the one I know worked for me.

Overdoziz

Banned
And again the controller support is really lacking. It only recognizes the controller if you turn it on before launching the game, button prompts still use keyboard keys, you cannot navigate ammo crate menus at all and there are also several things in other menus that you simply can't do. During gameplay it's mostly fine, but it's still disappointing.

Xyber

Can anyone confirm that Shadowplay actually works in this when you play the game with the 64bit exe?

Still can't get it to work here, my icon just has a red line through it and I can't record anything.

And if it is working for you, have you done anything special?

gossi

Can anyone confirm that Shadowplay actually works in this when you play the game with the 64bit exe?

Still can't get it to work here, my icon just has a red line through it and I can't record anything.

And if it is working for you, have you done anything special?

Works on BF 64 here. Can you record anything?

Xyber

Works on BF 64 here. Can you record anything?

It has been working fine for all other games I have tried it with. It has created a folder for the game in the recording location, but nothing is saved when I try either manual record or the normal one.

Nokterian

I believe the single player campaign is locked at FOV of 60.

Uh no not on PC you can customize it in SP and MP. All is good and using that VPN by god all the way back to BF3 just 2 days before release same thing again. I can say i am happy about this and that EA is ok with this. Also running everything on Ultra 60fps.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I think my game is broken, I seem to die in half the time it takes me to kill someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom