• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultryx

I have a 560ti 1GB. I hope I'll be able to tweak the settings enough to keep 60fps for multiplayer, at least until Christmas time. Then I'm going to get a new GPU. For now though, I suffer.

Moosebox

Neo Member
I think my game is broken, I seem to die in half the time it takes me to kill someone.

Check your network smoothing setting in gameplay settings I think. You'll want to lower that to somewhere from 0% to 25% (of the bar). Might help.

Randdalf

Based on a set of walkthrough videos on YouTube, the campaign for this game is less than 4 hours long? Not that single player is really the focus of BF games, but is that even shorter than BF3?

aravuus

I have a 560ti 1GB. I hope I'll be able to tweak the settings enough to keep 60fps for multiplayer, at least until Christmas time. Then I'm going to get a new GPU. For now though, I suffer.

What, you expect that a bad performance from a 560TI? Maybe I'm just optimistic then, cause I have a regular 560 and I expect to run the game just fine on medium at least.

60fps screenshots:

bf42013-10-2822-55-06yzrb6.png

bf42013-10-2822-44-16o7pf9.png

Ultryx

What, you expect that a bad performance from a 560TI? Maybe I'm just optimistic then, cause I have a regular 560 and I expect to run the game just fine on medium at least.

The game runs just fine on medium. I can attest to that. I would just really like to max out the settings as much as I can when I get a new GPU in another month or two. I think I even had a couple things on high after the last beta update because the performance was a lot better. I didn't note if it managed 60fps or not, but it must have been around 45 or so consistently.

Dr Dogg

More 5120x2880 ... Okay I'll stop.

Don't stop dude these are corking.

The attention to detail is insane. In one of the shots you can clearly see the words Sharpie on one of the pens on Irish's vest. I mean who would notice this shit? Well apart from me and others who go looking for this stuff, but besides them hahaha.

Heysoos

Okay there's a part in the Campaign that asks you to bring up some binoculars with the Q key I believe. How the hell do I do this with a control? I'm going through the keybinds and I don't see anything for this specific action.

God this shitty support of game pads ruined single player in BF3 more than the story itself, looks like BF4 wants to continue that tradition.

Also is there no way to unbind that shitty Battlelog keybind off of the select button?

jet1911

Okay there's a part in the Campaign that asks you to bring up some binoculars with the Q key I believe. How the hell do I do this with a control? I'm going through the keybinds and I don't see anything for this specific action.

God this shitty support of game pads ruined single player in BF3 more than the story itself, looks like BF4 wants to continue that tradition.

Also is there no way to unbind that shitty Battlelog keybind off of the select button?

Q is for spotting generally.

vehn

how come when I join a game, the game window is like 1/3 of the monitor? I keep having to go into options to change it back to borderless window

AmyS

Damn! So awesome.

I'd expect it to run smooth as silk @ 1080p on Ultra by the time I get a modestly OC'ed GTX 780 and Haswell Core i7 by early next year, especially with Nvidia drivers.

jaaz

No reason not to open the Battlepacks right?

I thought I read from someone on here that you shouldn't open them until you've played some hours on your favorite class, because that's apparently taken into account when the "random" items in the battlepacks drop.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
it's free man. $10 upgrade with $10 back for spending $60.

why would i refuse a free instant stat boost?

You're stuck with the PS3 disc in your PS4! It's... wrong!

Reminder:

Community ID sign ups are up for BF4, you can find the links for them in the OP or here:
PSN: http://tinyurl.com/k56ws63
XBL: http://tinyurl.com/k9larpk
PC: http://tinyurl.com/kh8tyyo

(PM me or Overdoziz if you need to make changes.)

damn...the lack of XBL signups is kinda sad.

I'll be hanging out with the 360/PC combo until PS4 rolls around.

Does anyone know if the PC version is going to have nVidia 3D support? Battlefield 3 had it, but the newest geforce driver has BF4 listed as "Not Recommended" in the 3D game list.

Grief.exe

Does anyone know if the PC version is going to have nVidia 3D support? Battlefield 3 had it, but the newest geforce driver has BF4 listed as "Not Recommended" in the 3D game list.

Nvidia also had years to perfect and iterate on their BF3 driver. Maybe it just needs some time.

Just speculating. I have no interest or knowledge in 3D.

spk

Anyone having problems with the latest drivers? I'm getting flickering rainbow textures everywhere. I can't show them because when I take a screenshot it just shows the minimap screen and when I alt tab the game crashes. Hmm.

Also, what kind of load times are people experiencing? I swear it takes 3 minutes or so to load into games and change maps.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Destruction needs to be toned down a little, map is completely fucked after 5 minutes.

Izayoi

Banned
Easily the best looking game of all time from a technical standpoint. Unbelievably gorgeous at times, I have to just stop and look around to appreciate it.

Amazing work by the art and tech guys at DICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom