• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

I wouldn't put much faith in Killzone, I heard the ending of 3 is like one of the worst of the generation (never played it).

I'm actually playing through 3 right now. Story is entertaining but pretty bad and disjointed, like Killzone 2. I have also heard Killzone 3 ends pretty badly, but Shadowfall takes place like 20 or 30 years later and seems to take advantage of the lore/setting more than usual. I'm hoping that Guerilla learns from their mistakes. They certainly did when it came to the shooting mechanics, which were awful to me in KZ2, but massively improved in KZ3.

Will it replace Crysis 3 has the PC benchmark?

Seems to be more optimized than Crysis 3 was on release, so I guess we'll see.

Ultryx

Probably the best water I've seen in a game yet GAT DAMN

im61xLGD86uNx.gif

EDIT: Fixed the GIF speed.

Holy fucking shit balls shit!

legacyzero

Banned
I am getting some shadow and texture errors though. Like some shadows just come up as BLACK. And I get some rainbow color textures in some spots.

Am I missing an Nvidia driver or something??

Grief.exe

I would really argue that Crysis 2 with Maldo texture pack kicked off next-gen, at least visually.

Gameplay left something to be desired.

I am getting some shadow and texture errors though. Like some shadows just come up as BLACK. And I get some rainbow color textures in some spots.

Am I missing an Nvidia driver or something??

New one was pushed through this morning.

AmyS

I'd love to see maxed out PC footage of the ship crashing into the island in Paracel Storm with tons of shit being pushed up flying everywhere and the hurricane like in the trailer!.

I have a 7970 and a i7 4770k (and 16GB of RAM.) Bring it, DICE!

Also, NHHHHGGGG, just imagining Battlefront in Frostbite.

Oh nice! :) For me it's only 8GB of RAM since two RAM slots on my mainboard seem broken and I'm too lazy to RMA it :p Other than that, anyone in Europe managed to snag a retail copy yet?

xclaw

Do we know if the PSN/XBL versions will pop up at midnight too or are we waiting for the stores to update "whenever" tomorrow?

IMACOMPUTA

I preordered on GMG about 40 minutes ago and still haven't gotten a key to start my preload.
Is this normal?
My friend bought it the other day and it gave him his code at the confirmation page.

kazebyaka

Banned
Played few hours in singleplayer campaign. Generic fps 101, but with awesome graphics and lots and lots of shiny stuff. It looks almost cartoony.

I don't know what it is about the multiplayer now, but I'm sucking big time.

So far I don't think any of the maps I've played are as good as siege of shanghai. The wide open ones especially

Best looking PC game there is now. It's astonishing.

You mean best looking game EVER! I can't think of ANYTHING that can touch this that we've seen to date.. and that includes all the games that were shown at E3 but not released yet. Hell, it even beats out SW1313!

Never played Battlefield but I preordered on the 360, and if I like it I'll upgrade for the One. Excited to try it out - is there a big difference between the 360 and the nextgen/PC versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom