• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newlove

Impatient.gif

This is how I feel when I have to wait a month and one day for my PS4 and BF4.

AmyS

Frostbite 3 / Battlefield 4 is easily the most visually impressive engine / game I have ever seen, and I haven't even seen it in person. While CryEngine 3 / Crysis 3 might have a technical edge in some areas, I'm loving what I've seen so far with FB3 / BF4 and it is only going to get better as more powerful cards come out and people start using these in various SLI / CrossFire setups, and as Nvidia (and AMD) drivers get better, and also to some extent when AMD's Mantle comes out.

I cannot imagine what the premium edition will look like in ~1 years time with all the map-packs / DLC running on highend Maxwell cards in SLI with Nvidia 3D Vision / Surround. As time goes on, PC BF4 will pull further away from the next-gen console versions.

I checked out of few streams on Twitch and it seems the hit detection is rather iffy (may have been the shitty stream). Is that typically the case with Battlefield?

vilmer_

I checked out of few streams on Twitch and it seems the hit detection is rather iffy (may have been the shitty stream). Is that typically the case with Battlefield?

The hit detection is actually very good for the most part. A lot of the twitch streamers are dedicating a huge chunk of their bandwidth to the stream alone so it doesn't leave much to be desired in terms of in-game mechanics.

AmyS

[NBCNEWS]

'Battlefield 4' shoots for world dominance
Yannick LeJacq, NBC News

Electronic Arts launches "Battlefield 4," the latest installment in its line of blockbuster military shooters, on Monday at midnight.

Electronic Arts and its Swedish subsidiary Digital Illusions CE (DICE) will fire the first shot Tuesday in the war for dominance over the next generation of video game consoles.

"Battlefield 4" is the latest installment in a long line of militaristic first-person shooters that is set to appear on both current-generation platforms and launch with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next month.

Since the series debuted in 2002 with the World War II-themed "Battlefield 1942," DICE has managed to carve out a space in the crowded marketplace for shooters by giving players an unrivaled experience of, well, a battlefield.

Exploring across massive and visually stunning levels, players could do everything from fly warplanes and drive tanks to run around supporting their fellow soldiers as a medic or sniper. As "Battlefield" has grown as a franchise, the games have migrated from its origins as a WWII shooter to different locales. But the core of "Battlefield" has always remained the same—giving players larger and more epic-scaled levels than any of its competitors.

"Battlefield 4" is no exception. The game adds a number of standard features such as new weapons and vehicles to match the new setting, which is a near-future in which Russia, China and the United States are all compelled to duke it out in large destructible cities.

The most exciting new feature is something DICE calls "Levolution," a system by which individual maps will change depending on what players do during a given match. As DICE showed in a trailer that debuted over the summer at the Gamescom convention in Cologne, Germany, these changes can be as small as, say, a car alarm going off when you're trying to sneak up on an opponent. Or they reach Michael Bay levels of bombast, such as when a huge skyscraper topples to the ground, or an entire city is flooded in the middle of a game.

the rest here

Kunohara

So I'm trying to buy the standard game, and after putting in my cc details, the Place Your Order button is greyed out. Anyone else having this problem? I can't seem to actually buy the game,

I usually go to bed right at 10 but man I'm gonna have to at least get 30 mins in of BF4 mp so I can tweak my settings and bindings. I'm glad I took Fri and Mon off wooottt!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, bought the game two hours ago from GMG, but they still haven't delivered the key for pre-loading the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom