• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheD

The Detective
There are pretty big differences in the lighting. PR shot looks more natural. Actual game looks a lot more dull. I guess it got hit with he color grading stick (or the PR shot is photoshopped quite a bit). But it's not bad. SweetFX could probably punch it up a bit.

The buildings also have had a ton of detail cut (like the nets) and the cranes look like they are missing textures (and take a look at the amount of detail cut from the freestanding cranes that are near the middle and left of the shots).

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I almost have it preloaded. I didnt download it using a vpn. Can I use a VPN to play or do you have to download it using VPN, too?

I will never understand this..there is a reason there isn't a gamepad support because well on PC you can't like in MP do it with a gamepad against kb/m setup. Third person shooter yeah i can think of that but FPS no.
I did it just fine the wrong way against people using the "superior" kb/m. I use game pad for any game I can on PC.

fuck, those look better than those bullshot crysis foilage shots that people said were high def mods. Was going to hold off on this to pay off my ps4 but I just might have to get this now for PC.

Anybody know how playable it is with controller on PC? I want to play this on my plasma but I hate how bf3 didn't have aim assist which made aiming brutal.

Bokeh<3
ibbrYq3bH0O7sM.jpg

ibeFGWAP9Sdo5C.jpg

iZbHJa6kcdxDr.jpg

esai

I envy everyone that's been playing. Off work in an hour and then I think the gf wants to spend time together..... She knows that I've been waiting on this.

Four Wude

Unconfirmed Member
The campaign works fine with the controller so far, though you have to figure out what PC keys translate to button presses (for example, it will say Press E to open door, which is X on the Xbox 360 controller. There aren't any Xbox 360 controller prompts). You still need a mouse to play correctly however, as you cannot change your weapons and gadgets from the item boxes without using a mouse to select your inventory. It's still better than BF3, which was unplayable without Xpadder. Just make sure you have a mouse next to you for weapon/gadget selection from item boxes.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So this is pretty much my first game on Origin, so I don't have anyone on my Friends List.

If anybody wants to add me, my usename is: BY2K

My Deluxe Digital Edition and Premium are pre-loading as we speak! ;) (Was it a good move to get Premium?)

Kurdel

Banned
I am trying to play on PC but the reticule keeps pointing up to the ceiling in the first mission.

I do not have any controllers plugged in and when I invert the mouse settings it points to the ground.

The mouse works perfectly fine in windows.

Heysoos

Did I just read this right...no gamepad support on PC??

There's game pad support. It's just so shitty that it's pretty sad. You can't even navigate menus correctly, I've run into a couple of sequences where I'm forced to pause the game so that I can get to my keyboard/mouse to continue playing.

Anyways, game crashed and now I get an error "Can't communicate with BF4. Please close the game through task maanger."

There's nothing running though, what gives?

tatsuki

Is it just me or did they screw with the choppers since the beta? The attack chopper in the beta felt much faster with much better handling. Now they seem slower.

vixlar

Still no toggle sprint. I want to play this on the controller from time to time, and no sprint toggle makes it a huge chore. Other than that, this game rocks.

I could activate toggle sprint on Beta. It was on gameplay options, if I remember well.

vilmer_

70 man? servers admins can change the max player count? is there anything beside lag stopping 100 players?

It was running perfectly smooth for me at 70 players. You should've seen the stalemate battle through one of the corridors where both teams met head on it was INSANE lol. 100 players should be easily doable. I fear for those with lower end PC's though :p

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Woot! Preloading on Origin.

Used the code at Greenmangaming. 20% off.

TAREM-BF4NA-BOOM1

$48 for this? Fuck, I'll take it.

Hope my 7970 and Sandy Bridge i5 can handle it pretty well.

There's game pad support. It's just so shitty that it's pretty sad. You can't even navigate menus correctly, I've run into a couple of sequences where I'm forced to pause the game so that I can get to my keyboard/mouse to continue playing.

so it's the same as BF3. well at least it's there. playing on KB/M for now-anyone get the DS4 working with battlefield 4 yet? I'll give it a try later.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Good lord at the screens. The wait for this is going to be so tough. Have to wait for PS4. After playing the beta on PS3 the PS4 version is going to seem incredible.

Weenerz

Banned
$48 for this? Fuck, I'll take it.

Hope my 7970 and Sandy Bridge i5 can handle it pretty well.

I run a 7970 with an i5 2500k, runs the game fine on high @ 2560x1440, you should be fine.

By fine I mean, I played a few maps on the reddit server and I believe that is 64 people and noticed no slow down at all.

HariKari

Just hit level 9. Someone dun fucked up with the indirect fire perk. Instead of giving you more mortar shots, it gives you another mortar... so when you run out with one, you drop the other, spam away. You can literally fire it as fast as it will cycle. I immediately got another mortar. If this is as intended, the DICE guy in charge of balance should be shot, along with the guy who hired him.

Not many people have figured it out yet but when they do, expect mortar spam from the skies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom