• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK9039

Just hit level 9. Someone dun fucked up with the indirect fire perk. Instead of giving you more mortar shots, it gives you another mortar... so when you run out with one, you drop the other, spam away. You can literally fire it as fast as it will cycle. I immediately got another mortar. If this is as intended, the DICE guy in charge of balance should be shot, along with the guy who hired him.

Not many people have figured it out yet but when they do, expect mortar spam from the skies.

Yes... YES!!

I know what class to play first.

Gaz_RB

These screens look amazing. Apart from some of the crazy resolutions, I really hope this game looks almost as good on PS4.

Sorry, I only caught it on 4 HD earlier ... I'm sure it well receive plenty of airtime over the coming months though!

NP, I'll keep an eye out!

antitrop

Someone dun fucked up with the indirect fire perk. Instead of giving you more mortar shots, it gives you another mortar... so when you run out with one, you drop the other, spam away.
I can't even fathom how that can make it into a shipping build.

Red Comet

This is the first time I'll be experiencing a midnight release digitally. This is much nicer than standing out in the cold with a bunch of other nerds.

I'm making the biggest decision of my life...(Not really)..I already have the BF4 Launch edition PS4 pre-ordered..But I really want to play it and I don't think I can wait for it on PS4..@_@....Should I buy it off PSN? .__."

Gaz_RB

I'm making the biggest decision of my life...(Not really)..I already have the BF4 Launch edition PS4 pre-ordered..But I really want to play it and I don't think I can wait for it on PS4..@_@....Should I buy it off PSN? .__."

It'll be even better if you wait for it on PS4! Imagine that feeling you'll get when you see it for the first time in all its next gen glory!

I'd at least wait until tomorrow when we get a lot of console footage and comparisons.

It'll be even better if you wait for it on PS4! Imagine that feeling you'll get when you see it for the first time in all its next gen glory!

I'd at least wait until tomorrow when we get a lot of console footage and comparisons.

Yeah you're right...I have to wait....I must experience this on PS4 in all it's next gen glory..Gotta be strong.

legacyzero

Banned
Somebody had asked for multiplayer screens earlier in the thread. Maps are glorious.

1440p with 2xMSAA

i9SRe7vHQcCCF.png

iP1TretZgib0q.png

Shady859

NO, buy physical release and sell it when you get the next gen version or do the 9.99 upgrade.

Gaz_RB

Anyone post this yet? BF4 PC Campaign review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrzejFv0T40

TL;DW
Runs well on mid to high end PC on high settings, more optimized than the beta, overly cinematic and on the rails, actual story was boring, forgettable, and dull, and overall singleplayer tacked on just to compete with Call of Duty. Don't buy BF4 for singleplayer, multiplayer is where it's at.(His opinion, obviously)

Jtrizzy

Must...stay...strong and not buy this on PC just to play single player. I really should just wait for the PS4 version, but I have a weakness for teh graphics.

antitrop

TL;DW
Runs well on mid to high end PC on high settings, more optimized than the beta, overly cinematic and on the rails, actual story was boring, forgettable, and dull, and overall singleplayer tacked on just to compete with Call of Duty. Don't buy BF4 for singleplayer, multiplayer is where it's at.(His opinion, obviously)

Come on, is it REALLY that fucking hard to come up with a decent modern military shooter storyline?

I don't expect every game to be fucking Spec Ops, but Jesus, they could at least try.

HariKari

Come on, is it REALLY that fucking hard to come up with a decent modern military shooter storyline?

I don't expect every game to be fucking Spec Ops, but Jesus, they could at least try.

It was better than three. I don't know what the guy was expecting. Some nice memorable moments, destruction, all the goodies. A lot better than three's campaign, actually. Teaches players how to use a lot of the online stuff.

"on rails" is just false for some parts, which are wide open.

Well nice if my retailer doesn't break the street-date I will get it only on the 31st :( On the other hand, I hope my i5 3570k Ivy Bridge and my 7970 are ready for this! :D

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well nice if my retailer doesn't break the street-date I will get it only on the 31st :( On the other hand, I hope my i5 3570k Ivy Bridge and my 7970 are ready for this! :D

I have a 7970 and a i7 4770k (and 16GB of RAM.) Bring it, DICE!

Also, NHHHHGGGG, just imagining Battlefront in Frostbite.

Gaz_RB

I guess it is haha. I find that usually Tom Clancy games have the best stories when it comes to shooters(to me anyway, and they don't exactly have that much competition genre wise). I didn't really expect much out of BF4's story but, I was optimistic. I'm hoping COD Ghosts can bring a decent story. Or maybe KZ:Shadowfall.

Newlove

I remember BF3 got ranked down on reviews because of the poor campaign, I was just hoping they wouldn't make the same mistake and lose some points because of it.

antitrop

I guess it is haha. I find that usually Tom Clancy games have the best stories when it comes to shooters(to me anyway, and they don't exactly have that much competition genre wise). I didn't really expect much out of BF4's story but, I was optimistic. I'm hoping COD Ghosts can bring a decent story. Or maybe KZ:Shadowfall.
I wouldn't put much faith in Killzone, I heard the ending of 3 is like one of the worst of the generation (never played it).

I remember BF3 got ranked down on reviews because of the poor campaign, I was just hoping they wouldn't make the same mistake and lose some points because of it.

Still managed an 89 on Metacritic, the shitty campaign didn't really bring it down that much, as far as reviews go.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Must...stay...strong and not buy this on PC just to play single player. I really should just wait for the PS4 version, but I have a weakness for teh graphics.

I was weak and bought it my 780m is already crying. Will double dip for the PS4 version.

vilmer_

I should probably get back to the campaign to get some of those sweet mp unlocks... Bah, too much fun to be had in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom