• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBladeM6x

So I just jumped into the game and I'm getting rainbow colored flickering everywhere and I just bought a new GTX 770. Anyone else having these issues?

This is going to sound like I'm being an asshole, but did you update your drivers? ShadowPlay driver is out now, which is likely needed for best BF4 experience.

RangersFan

lol these reviewers keep basing their reviews and scores off of single player campaign LOL. It's fucking battlefield...

A fucking 5 hour campaign compared to the 500+ hours people put into the multiplayer. These guys act like nothing came before BF3. 1942, 2, 2142, Vietnam...Campaigns are for the Bad Company series. THIS IS FUCKING BATTLEFIELD.

Wow the PS4 version looks horrible compared to the XB1 version.

Seriously its like current gen all over again. Colors washed out, lower res textures, details missing on PS4 version. Simply unbelievable...guess I'll be getting it on PC and XB1 instead.

The sharper textures are blatantly obvious in every comparison shot I've seen.

Links???

antitrop

lol these reviewers keep basing their reviews and scores off of single player campaign LOL. It's fucking battlefield...

A fucking 5 hour campaign compared to the 500+ hours people put into the multiplayer. These guys act like nothing came before BF3. 1942, 2, 2142, Vietnam...Campaigns are for the Bad Company series. THIS IS FUCKING BATTLEFIELD.
The campaign deserves to be weighed into the score.

Battlefield 3 scores were over inflated because they gave the campaign a pass.

cripterion

Graphics are truly next gen, this is a thing of beauty. And it's so smooth!

After spending a bit more time with the campaign I can definitely say I have seen Titanfall!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
GMG, gimme my game key. gimmegimmegimmegimme

Seriously, this shit sucks. I've used GMG for tons of titles, but this is the first time I've been burned like this. Never going to pre-order from them again unless it's like a week in advance of release.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wow the PS4 version looks horrible compared to the XB1 version.

Seriously its like current gen all over again. Colors washed out, lower res textures, details missing on PS4 version. Simply unbelievable...guess I'll be getting it on PC and XB1 instead.

The sharper textures are blatantly obvious in every comparison shot I've seen.

Wrong.

Honestly, I'd rather wait for LevelCap and/or Jackfrag's impressions vs any major media outlet. Just listening to their Flood Zone commentary vs. Gamespot's is eye-opening enough. These guys play these games for a living.

Raven77

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

Just use the comparison tool. The PS4 clearly has the weakest textures (in some cases to a pretty extreme degree) compared to the XB1 and the PC. This is a real shame, I was not expecting this at all and fully planned to get the PS4 version along with the PC version. Might have to change that preorder to XB1.

That being said, for multiplayer, resolution is more important than texture detail...

Look at the comparison. You honestly cannot say the guys head has better textures on it in the elevator screenshot on the PS4. Even the author states several times that the PS4 version has curiously un-detailed textures.

zwkh.png

hollams

Gold Member
Played a bit of the single player with a controller on PC since I wanted to hear how great the war tapes sound is on my 7.1 setup and that part was awesome. The game doesn't show the controller mappings though only keyboard and it brings up menus you can't access with a controller.

Starviper

A feature that I am really enjoying is the Battlemap feature. Having that up on my 2nd monitor so I can see the entire battlefield unfolding is beautiful and extremely helpful

IMACOMPUTA

Seriously, this shit sucks. I've used GMG for tons of titles, but this is the first time I've been burned like this. Never going to pre-order from them again unless it's like a week in advance of release.
For real. This is bs. I preordered the game and it said preload available. The game isout but I can't play.

GetemMa

This lag is unplayable.

Sad.

Edit: I see the reviews are nailing the score for the single player.

I still don't care about single player.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

Just use the comparison tool. The PS4 clearly has the weakest textures (in some cases to a pretty extreme degree) compared to the XB1 and the PC. This is a real shame, I was not expecting this at all and fully planned to get the PS4 version along with the PC version. Might have to change that preorder to XB1.

That being said, for multiplayer, resolution is more important than texture detail...

Look at the comparison. You honestly cannot say the guys head has better textures on it in the elevator screenshot on the PS4. Even the author states several times that the PS4 version has curiously un-detailed textures.

Yeah, just saw this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705961

WTF? Is this a PS4 software issue? Even DF says that on paper, there is no way the XO should look better, yet...?

dvize

Banned
Nvidia can do some more optimizing :(. Running Sli 780 oced to 1260 mhz and still only pushing 75 - 95 fps. Had to turn hbao to ssao and antialiasing off to get lower frame rate times on flood.

Ok so I just unlocked the game via VPN(Australia) and now have the campaign open. Will it save my progress if I disconnect from VPN and set Origin to offline?

multivac

The final version runs a hundred times better than the beta for me. So sorry I doubted you DICE!
But not enough not to preorder

On second thought, it does seem that XO adds more contrast/sharpness as a superficial way of adding detail, but yeah, I have no idea what is going on here:

zwkh.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Installing from DVD so muuuuch faster than Origin would downloaded/preloaded.

Though having to go the a midnight release and being like one of five or six PC pre-orders at a Gamestop with a bunch of X-box/PS3 pre-orders is a little bizarre.

Can you elaborate on this? How do you enable it?

If running single-monitor, alt-tab out and it should be on your Battlelog already.

If you're running dual-monitors, throw the Battlelog tab in the second/un-used monitor. It should pop-up there.

It's automatic or at least a "map" tab thing on the server status bar in Battlelog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybhCA5gzLoM

antitrop

Installing from DVD so muuuuch faster than Origin would downloaded/preloaded.

Though having to go the a midnight release and being like one of five or six PC pre-orders at a Gamestop with a bunch of X-box/PS3 pre-orders is a little bizarre.
Did you laugh to yourself and quietly feel superior like you were supposed to?

Kabuto

As expected, multiplayer is so good. I just crashed out of a game, I'm getting random audio drops, and load times to get into a game are just as bad as the beta (I don't know if that's because my HDD or the game).

The sound in this game is god tier. Playing with headphones is almost a necessity.

oh and can anyone help with my VOIP issue? I can speak to my squadmates but I can't hear them. I have VOIP volume set to 100.

TheSeks

Did you laugh to yourself and quietly feel superior like you were supposed to?

Nah. But I did feel bad for the X-box 360 owners. Backing the wrong horse, I feel.

Though it seems they get some better textures. Whoopie?

Zoom In

Neo Member
Can anyone confirm for me How much exp do you get from planting/defusing/destroying the bomb on the gamemode defuse. It's like a search and destroy gamemode so I'm really interested.

Also How much exp do you get for a kill and how much extra with headshots? Thanks

Jobbs

Banned
Having massive trouble controlling the helicopter. :) I haven't played a battlefield game in quite some time. Skipped BF3 entirely.

Pretty game. Runs real smooth on ultra on my 7950. Digging it so far.

TheSeks

A feature that I am really enjoying is the Battlemap feature. Having that up on my 2nd monitor so I can see the entire battlefield unfolding is beautiful and extremely helpful

I honestly find it distracting. Just like the Nintendo DS's two-screens. I'd rather have everything needed on one screen and a huge map that shows your teams position (and spots that are out of range to your position/mini-map) just doesn't scream "USEFUL" to me.

Maybe in Commander Mode but...

I honestly find it distracting. Just like the Nintendo DS's two-screens. I'd rather have everything needed on one screen and a huge map that shows your teams position (and spots that are out of range to your position/mini-map) just doesn't scream "USEFUL" to me.

Maybe in Commander Mode but...

Says the man with a single 19 inch screen

vilmer_

Lol, someone in the DF thread says the game looks bad on ALL platforms and preorder is canceled.

If anything, the DF thread just showed me that the difference between the two, at least in SP, is negligible if you can match the results well enough by adjusting brightness and contrast. Need to see some MP now, though.

Jackfrags PS4 gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Objaswg-Rw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG2nyFZdr1k

Don't believe anything you ever hear or see with those clowns. Their agenda has been clear for a long time now and I can't believe people still buy into the bullshit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom