• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Says the man with a single 19 inch screen

A bigger monitor wouldn't change my opinion. Seeing spots on a huge map for an area you can't reach doesn't scream useful intel to me.

Maybe for spawning, but that's what the BF3 spawn-screen (or hell the BF4 spawn-screen) displays. So it's... entirely redundant unless you want a wizz-bang distraction gimmick to record your position in 2D space for gameplay recordings, I guess.

If running single-monitor, alt-tab out and it should be on your Battlelog already.

If you're running dual-monitors, throw the Battlelog tab in the second/un-used monitor. It should pop-up there.

It's automatic or at least a "map" tab thing on the server status bar in Battlelog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybhCA5gzLoM

When joining a multiplayer server on PC you can view a "Battle Screen" (not battlemap, sorry) of the entire map via the server browser. Here's a screenshot:

Thanks guys. Raelly awesome feature.

Dr.Acula

Banned
When joining a multiplayer server on PC you can view a "Battle Screen" (not battlemap, sorry) of the entire map via the server browser. Here's a screenshot:

Battle%20Map.png

Battle%20Map%202.png

Man, that is so cool!

So my setup: oc'd 670 2GB sli, Win 8.1, RipJaws 1600mhz ram, 3570k 4.7ghz and a typical HDD. My performance is fucking amazing. Outside of glitches here and there and minor stability issues here and there, the MP part of the game is running fucking amazing!

So my settings are pretty much ultra except for mesh being on high, lighting on high, 2xMSAA, 125% scaling, medium post AA, 92 FOV. The best test for your performance is to view a wide viewing area like the top of a tower over a map with 64 people in the match and I didn't even notice any frame drop from 60fps vsync'd. This game performs fucking amazing at release and I believe there is suppose to be a patch to smooth things out tomorrow; Dice did a fucking amazing job with BF4, my fucking hat and socks are off to them.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nah. But I did feel bad for the X-box 360 owners. Backing the wrong horse, I feel.

Though it seems they get some better textures. Whoopie?

nasty sharpening filter doesn't mean better textures.

Check the other thread, PS4 is the clear winner.

Newlove

Ahhh I'm so excited to get it on PS4 right now. The graphics beat my expectations, looks very close to PC high end to me. It'll look insane on my 42" HDTV while running at 60fps. Woohoo. Still have to wait a month though :(

Starviper

Also can report -- In-Game VOIP that isn't going through the battlelog party system is working 100%. Fucking finally. Can join a squad of randoms and actually talk to people if you want to. :D

I'll try recording some Multiplayer footage shortly.

Mr.Fresh

Now that that's over with. Don't forget to add me on PSN guys. Can't wait to finally enjoy a game with GAF on day one. Hopefully you can sort friends on PS4 so I can have a section just for you guys.

cripterion

Damn the game is so fluid but my pc is really getting hot. My cards are running 80°C and 72°C, should I be worried? Never gone that high with any game. Might be time to put back my some fans into the case...

Heysoos

Wellp finished the story. A lot more fun than BF3 but it felt quite a bit shorter. The game's story was kind of all over the place though, we really had no background on what the fuck was really going on.

That said, the game looks GREAT on my PC and runs like a dream to boot.

i5-2500k
8gb ram
SSD

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why the hell does no one post reviews? i can't i'm on my shit phone.

Red Comet

Ugh, so as I feared I'm lagging pretty bad in multiplayer. Singleplayer runs pretty well on high settings, but there is a hiccup here or there.

I've got an i5 Quad-Core CPU, GTX 760 2 GB, 4 GB of RAM, and Win 7 64 bit. Should upgrading to 16 GB of RAM and Win 8.1 do the trick, or is there anything else I should worry about?

spk

What are you guys using to take screenshots? All mine are coming out black when I use printscreen or MSI Afterburner.

Can I bind screenshot.render?

Just quit the campaign and none of my progress is saved :S Haven't tried re connecting to VPN and seeing if it updates... seems might just be better off waiting for proper Australian release :s

Reckoner

Running the game on my 7970 with Ultra settings and 1080p. 60fps with some little drops on MP. Went to play SP and it is between 32-60. The performance on SP makes me kinda sad, but I see where it's all going

I just can't believe how well this runs.

I have:

Phenom II X6 1075t @ 3ghz
8gb ram
Radeon HD6970 2gb

I have everything maxed and it runs great. I don't know what to say.

So I VPN unlocked it earlier and played a bunch and I just relaunched Origin and now it says the game isn't available until tomorrow at 7:00pm. I'm in Canada, EST, what's up with that, the game is out...

TheSeks

So I VPN unlocked it earlier and played a bunch and I just relaunched Origin and now it says the game isn't available until tomorrow at 7:00pm. I'm in Canada, EST, what's up with that, the game is out...

Punishment for using a VPN. Next time don't do that and wait your damn local time. >:|

Bitter I had to wait all day to get my retail discs.

Speaking of Origin: Hurry the hell up with this 700meg download patch. Ain't nobody got time to wait 15 mins.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Everything on High, no AA or HBAO. It's anywhere between 33 to 58 on Multiplayer, GPU sitting at 90-93%.

I have a HD 7850, running at 1920x1200.

For those that want to do tests, screw Fraps or whatever you're using. Open the console (~ on the keyboard) and type perfoverlay.drawfps 1. Get it from the source!

Game crashed twice (well, it is a battlefield game afterall), and I didn't see it using more than 1.9gigs of RAM - But I only paid attention once.

Game runs better than it did on Beta, but I'll need to fiddle with some options later - Or maybe not. I don't care that much about framerate, as long as it never drops below 30. I wish I could buy one massive videocard... :(

After about an hour, I just experienced my first crash. That's a shame.

Surprisingly, a 4 year old Core i7 920 and a 4GB GTX680 are running the game smoothly and without stutter. In the beta the stutter was bad a first, better after the first patch and slight until the end. This "launch" version is running well and I'm thankful for that, barring the crash that just happened.

TheSeks

Game runs better than it did on Beta, but I'll need to fiddle with some options later - Or maybe not. I don't care that much about framerate, as long as it never drops below 30. I wish I could buy one massive videocard... :(

People swear you should get 60FPS since everyone in multiplayer will be shooting for that. But I dunno how bullshit that is. At the end of the way if you can react/aim faster than them I don't think the frames being drawn is going to factor into that aiming too hugely.

Link0080

My game is still locked, Origin says it'll unlock in 2 days even though it's already released here in NA.

Anyone know how to fix this?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
People swear you should get 60FPS since everyone in multiplayer will be shooting for that. But I dunno how bullshit that is. At the end of the way if you can react/aim faster than them I don't think the frames being drawn is going to factor into that aiming too hugely.

I'm also an avid believer in the 60FPS, but I can never get anything anywhere near it stable enough with this (or any other, tbh) videocard. Aiming for 30 or more has always been a good compromise on my end: Not crazy expensive (thank the crazy pricing on my region for that) and beautiful enough.

I might drop some shadows to medium later, to get a little boost. It'll take some fidgeting with. I also wonder how much of it is the CPU - It's an i7 2600k running clock speeds (no coolers available for me to purchase and I can't really be bothered with overclocking), but I was checking CPU usage and neither core ever got to 80%, so I think I'm mostly GPU capped.

running the game with my OC GTCX760 on 1080p with everything ultra except MSAA is at 2x.

Running BUTTER smooth but I got a crash about 1.5 hrs in.

Oy, I'm having the traditional DICE game random crashes, in MP and SP. Got sick of it happening in MP and decided to start the campaign. Got literally a minute in, and...

"Christ, Recker, I almost shot you in the face!" *crash*

koryuken

Just played some SP and it feel bad man :( My rig is running it at 50-60fps according to the game engine but there is constant chug. I would describe it as the opposite of smooth.

I have an OC'ed ASUS 280X, 8GB's of ram and a quad core i7 at 4ghz... I will try getting the newest beta drivers and also running the card at stock settings just to see if the chug is gone. After that, I have no idea what to do.

Grief.exe

Just played some SP and it feel bad man :( My rig is running it at 50-60fps according to the game engine but there is constant chug. I would describe it as the opposite of smooth.

I have an OC'ed ASUS 280X, 8GB's of ram and a quad core i7 at 4ghz... I will try getting the newest beta drivers and also running the card at stock settings just to see if the chug is gone. After that, I have no idea what to do.

Its because you are seeing that frame dip on your monitor since it is refreshing faster than the frame rate.

Really you want to be at 60-70 fps, that way you will never see the frame rate dip if you lose some.

TheSeks

Woah. Went from 30-28FPS in the loading screen to 118 or so just with Perf.drawoverlay 1 on. WTF? Is it precaching everything before loading? Is that why the loading takes a while on now SSD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom