• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess no screenshots for me. 4K + 20% resolution scale is running smooth enough to take screenshots, but my driver keeps crashing. Screen goes black. Get a window that says "DXERROR" but I have to force close the game in order to get my screen back.

koryuken

Its because you are seeing that frame dip on your monitor since it is refreshing faster than the frame rate.

Really you want to be at 60-70 fps, that way you will never see the frame rate dip if you lose some.

I don't think that is true at all based all of the other games I've played. Roughly same FPS in ARMA 3 and no chop at ALL.

Grief.exe

I don't think that is true at all based all of the other games I've played. Roughly same FPS in ARMA 3 and no chop at ALL.

Well you are seeing the drops.

If the game is extremely variable from 50-60, then you will see chop.

If ARMA is running a steady 50, then you won't see choppiness.

I've noticed that BF4 is extremely variable, by 10-15 FPS depending on what is going on moment to moment.

I guess no screenshots for me. 4K + 20% resolution scale is running smooth enough to take screenshots, but my driver keeps crashing. Screen goes black. Get a window that says "DXERROR" but I have to force close the game in order to get my screen back.

Had that same issue when taking a screenshot at 4k.

Milennia

Just realized that they brought back the weapon crates from bad company 2 campaign, where you can choose your own weapons once you unlock them.... I replayed bad company 2 single player over and over again because i could pick my own guns through the crates lol, i used to have pistol only runs etc.

That and the points system make the campaign a megaton for me.

Hanzou

Game is running great on my 7870, Game looks better and runs better than BF3. Interesting to see if things improve even more once Mantle hits.

Reckoner

Just played some SP and it feel bad man :( My rig is running it at 50-60fps according to the game engine but there is constant chug. I would describe it as the opposite of smooth.

I have an OC'ed ASUS 280X, 8GB's of ram and a quad core i7 at 4ghz... I will try getting the newest beta drivers and also running the card at stock settings just to see if the chug is gone. After that, I have no idea what to do.

isn't the 280x almost the same as 7970 OC BE? I can get to 60fps, but I had it drop to 30-50 fps on the second level and parts of the first level

24 gig is a big starting size for a game!

My download has been running at 2.2Mb/s in Melbourne, Aus and I'm just about to finish and get my funk on.

Looking forward to it!

GetemMa

XB1 version looks great.
PS4 version looks better.
$100 less, bla bla, etc...

Oddly enough, I just tested this game on my other PC to see if it would be playable, a laptop with the following specs:

i5-3210m @ 2.5 Ghz w/ 8GB DDR3 and an Nvidia 660m w/ 2GB of GDDR5

and it runs beautifully, well better than I would expect.

Almost all Ultra settings, a couple on High, no MSAA = ~45 FPS @ 1366x768 on MP.

IMO, it looks just as good as the XB1 version and in some ways better.

What did MS do their machine to make it so underpowered?

Heysoos

Does anyone know if the game installation is transferable between computers? Would like to have it on my laptop, but would rather just transfer from my Desktop instead of redownloading it.

Are there seriously only seven campaign levels? Not that I really care but goddamn I can't believe how fast I'm blowing through the SP.

Does anyone know if the game installation is transferable between computers? Would like to have it on my laptop, but would rather just transfer from my Desktop instead of redownloading it.

Should be fine, just start the download on your laptop, then replace the files in the same location.

Heysoos

Are there seriously only seven campaign levels? Not that I really care but goddamn I can't believe how fast I'm blowing through the SP.

Should be fine, just start the download on your laptop, then replace the files in the same location.

Thanks!

and yeah SP is extremely short. It honestly felt rushed, still better than Bf3 though.

Divus

Unfortunately I already ran across my first hacker 2 hours in. I joined a game very late and people were screaming it. I figured the guy was just doing well (24-0) in a tank. Next match I realized they were right. Instant death if you got within sight of him from the secondary gun. Destroyed our team within 3 minutes.

Funny thing is he doesn't show up in battlelog and my recent games he's absent. Not sure if he got banned already or very sneaky.

Overall though very fun. Didn't do so well but I've had about 3 hours sleep in the last 50 so that probably has something to do with it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
75 Tickets for 64-Rush isn't the best defaults. I hope this is just a hacked server DICE matchmade me into. :/

I can already tell the MP is much better than bf3. I'm loving the maps and destruction. Runs much better than the beta on my gtx 680, i5 2500k. 50-70 fps on ultra 2x msaa

wrongway

After running into some rubberbanding on Conquest servers, I hopped into an Obliteration server and played on Zavod then Lancang Dam. That mode's such good, wacky fun. :3

TheSeks

Frostbite freeze after like 2 hours of playing and the admin just upped the ticket count in Rush. :/

Still don't have the defibs or the engineer or support first kit items unlocked but got the motion mines for recon so now I'm set to abuse those once I unlock the DMR's which ironically is on the recon unlock skilltree.

TheSeks

damn son why is nobody running a hardcore server

Because no one cares about hardcore since it breaks what makes Battlefield, Battlefield?

Anyway the graphics:

2ijkrcwxbdg.gif

Sweet lord. And I'm getting 74 with V-sync on. I was worried about that 3gig VRAM requirement but it seems my GTX 760 2gig VRAM should be fine. Thanks Repi and DICE? :D?

Timu

The campaign is a mess...crashing, sound problems, glitches and now a huge glitch where I have to restart the entire mission because when I load my save I end up through the water in the mission and can't get back on land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom