• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a blast in MP. The only immersion breaker is the constant crashing (at least 2 every 15 minutes)

Friends joining your squad is EXCELLENT by the way. I kicked a pubber in our full squad and our 5th joined automatically. Pretty neat stuff

Reckoner

Does the PC version have 360 controller support in both campaign and multi?

I used my Dualshock 3 hours ago just to test and all was working fine.

Wy9yTG0.jpg

I just got stuck here. Restarting checkpoint isn't making anything

wrongway

Man, the PC list's gettin long. Friended everyone on it so far, 'cept for a few who didn't seem to come up in the search thing.

Now for a short night and long day of wishing I was playing Battlefield. :[

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Game doesn't like overclocks. I had to downclock my cards from stock in order to get them stable. Otherwise you get lock ups and bf4.exe has stopped working all the time. Servers are disconnecting people but that's par for the course.
I turned it down and still crashes heavily. Will try Windows 8 tomorrow.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gametrailers said the PS4 looks almost identical to the PC version on max settings.

and runs butter smooth on 60 fps.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
what disk? you don't get $10 back for buying the disk, you get it for buying the DD version on the PSN.

If you buy the PS3 version and upgrade to the DD PS4 version using the offer you'll have to keep the PS3 version around for use in disc verification.

If I upgrade to PlayStation 4, what happens with my physical PlayStation 3 disk?
You must have the PlayStation 3 Battlefield 4 disk in your PlayStation 4 in order to play BF4 on PS4.
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/

vazel

Banned
Game performs really well on my 3570k+660ti system with high settings and with no overclocking. Bring on next-gen! (But be gentle please)

esai

played a few games and am loving it. day one brought server lag and audio problems but its all expected. i dont know when ill get to the campaign.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Still no reflections. DICE, I am dissapoint. Otherwise fine looking game.

There are, but they're inconsistent. Floors will sometimes only reflect specific objects and surfaces.

Campaign finished. Very short, as expected, but a lot more enjoyable than Battlefield 3. It's still very linear, but it at least incorporated many of the multiplayer/series mechanics into encounters to make them a bit more interesting. I don't think it ever lived up to the Battlefield potential that a single player could have, as encounters are still very streamlined and small scale (compared to multiplayer), but it was still a step up over Battlefield 3.

AI is pretty stupid. Not much you can do about that. Hit feedback is a lot better and more satisfying. Graphics are stupid great, audio even better. Occasional bugs, one crash, and a couple of AI spawn pop-in.

Story was weak. I liked the characters and they were all well voiced, very realistic, but it meanders about and does a poor job of giving you something to focus on. It spends almost no time establishing the state of the world, why you have your objectives and why you should care, and if it didn't drop a few character cameos you wouldn't know it was a Battlefield 3 sequel. You're just kinda shipped off to various locations and given assorted objectives that involve shooting Chinese or Russians, and whenever the story seems to have some hook it just discards it for the next objective. Maybe that's what it was trying to do, a story about soldiers just following orders, but it doesn't make the actual objectives and narrative any less uninteresting.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I crash every time the skyscraper comes down on Siege of Shanghai... kind of a bummer. Guess I'll just have to avoid that map for the time being. Losing a bunch of stats sucks.

Anyone want to team up on the PC? I'm getting stomped, no-one that I've squaded up with has a mic. I have a mumble server as well, that GAF has used for DayZ. Send me a PM if your interested.

TheD

The Detective
I crash every time the skyscraper comes down on Siege of Shanghai... kind of a bummer. Guess I'll just have to avoid that map for the time being. Losing a bunch of stats sucks.

The map sucks after it has come down, so think of it as the game doing you a favour :p

Jobbs

Banned
game seems to end in a freeze sooner or later every time. whether it's one match later or tow matches later, it seems to always eventually freeze up and I have to force it closed. Nothing is overclocked or anything weird here.

Seanspeed

Banned
game seems to end in a freeze sooner or later every time. whether it's one match later or tow matches later, it seems to always eventually freeze up and I have to force it closed. Nothing is overclocked or anything weird here.
Gotta ask again - are these crashes happening in both single-player and multiplayer or just one or the other? If its just multiplayer, I may just start with the campaign and hope some of the issues get ironed out in the coming week. Considering the length of multiplayer matches, getting a freeze in the middle of one is extremely aggravating.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

Snagging today's Nvidia drivers seems to have fixed it.

Snagging today's Nvidia drivers seems to have fixed it.

Stats were retained in BF3, I am expecting the same in BF4. They may take some time to appear on your profile though, due to system lag.

So here's the second mission, the rain level if anyone's interested. Uploaded it in 1440p but it only seems to acknowledge 1080p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0vBusms9mc

( Some video where the AI thing happened http://i.imgur.com/oCpTLIT.gif)

Are you uploading all of them? I want to youtube the campaign at some point.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Stats were retained in BF3, I am expecting the same in BF4. They may take some time to appear on your profile though, due to system lag.

Are you uploading all of them? I want to youtube the campaign at some point.

Ah, that's good to hear. I never thought they were retained since you don't see them in Battlelog immediately after, and loading back in seems to roll you back a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom