• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
batqaq9l.png

GetemMa

Well, I think I'm done trying to play this game tonight/this morning.

3 crashes in a row after ~5 minutes of game play.

Weird too. I played for 2 hours on my first try with no problems.

Exited the game, went back in and the fucker will not be stable for me.

OrangeOak

I just started playing but I really like that they added score,xp and kill notifications to the campaign.It makes things more interesting for me.
Shooting is more enjoyable than in BF3 and sound is amazing.
It's better than BF3 campaign just after this first level.

Just opened the game again whilst in offline mode and it has remembered I beat the first mission. Played through the second and will leave it there until it unlocks officially in Australia in about 26hours. Hopefully once i load it up whilst origin is online and the game is actually launched itll sync up and battle log will recognise my 2 gold badges/awards/whatever for the first two missions.

sinnergy

This has to be a joke. The console area is that way. Enjoy that digital foundry bullshit while you can.

Texture resolution seems to be higher for XO. You can also see it in the picture with the fire on the ground. on par with PC. At least in that shot it seems like PS4 has a lower precision texture

Battlelog doesn't seem to let me add a lot of you PC players from the spreadsheet. Nothing happens when I search the name, no results at all.

If any of you are feeling squirrely, add me on PC, Battlelog is Krappadizzle.

Texture resolution seems to be higher for XO. You can also see it in the picture with the fire on the ground. on par with PC. At least in that shot it seems like PS4 has a lower precision texture

That's not quite how it works, but regardless, all versions will should be fun to play regardless of the platform.

Based on the 6 hours of multiplayer streams I watched seems that Shanghai and Flood Zone are the only stage events that always gets triggered Lancing Dam gets used most of the time but I never seen an event on any of the other stages

I'm playing the MP on PC, someone, anyone by all means play with me so that I'm not so clueless, the last BF I spent any apreciable amount of time with was BFBC2. Exploits will be streamed(and shamed).

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hopefully they patch this soon, crashes far too often. Anyone else getting this bug where where the game acts like there is still cover but you can get hit? Was shootng someone where a wall used to be and I was hitting concrete, but I got hit fine, had it happen again with shooting rockets at a tank.

pleunv

Game keeps crashing for me, I'm almost going crazy. Had exactly the same issue with BF3, got a different setup, fixed the problem. Now everything all over again.

Anyone else have problems with freezes? Getting it almost every round. Process doesn't exit but everything just freezes and audio gets stuck in a loop.

But hey, at least this time I can overclock my GTX460. Was impossible in BF3 as it'd lead to a DirectX crash every single time. Battlefield is the only game I *ever* have problems with.

pleunv

I'll give that one a shot thanks. Not getting my hopes up though as I already tried with HDMI output. The Realtek issue is one of the issues I had with BF3, was fixed by switching to a VIA chipset. Now VIA has problems as well? Come on. Test your shit.

I'm really liking this so far. $40 well spent. Have had 1 crash so far, but other then that it plays well. Also runs way better then the beta did for me.

OrangeOak

I would love to play multiplayer but Im afraid to do it with game launched through VPN.
What do you think guys,is it safe?
Is somebody playing like this?I will feel safer with others doing it :p

I would love to play multiplayer but Im afraid to do it with game launched through VPN.
What do you think guys,is it safe?
Somebody is playing like this,I will feel safer with others doing it :p

Yes it's safe. Everyone was doing it yesterday whilst posting "i <3 Korea VPN" in all chat.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
aay3ep9_460saepfpe.gif

EC is against AA. He'd rather eat children then use post AA :p
DAWWW!
I recently found out about Animal Planet, they have shows about puppies being puppies.
Its pretty awesome.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Do all maps have a Levolution event?

Woo-Fu

Banned
I crash every time the skyscraper comes down on Siege of Shanghai... kind of a bummer. Guess I'll just have to avoid that map for the time being. Losing a bunch of stats sucks.

I was on a 64-player server near the end of the night and when the skycraper came down i saw over 20 people drop from the server almost simultaneously.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Random thing that annoyed me in singleplayer: your squadmates push you away if they walk into you while you're in cover.

If you block a doorway at the start of a scripted event in such a way that they can't push you out of the way it instakills you. Was pretty damned annoying when that happened.

jns

1 minutes to go till unlock in Aussie land! I'm just hitting the required amount of drink and I'm ready to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

[edit] just realised im a day early! lol, time to vpn it up I guess :)

zeox

just so i'm 100% on this, you have to be connected to the vpn in order for the game to work, right? if so, it might not be worth it for me, since i'll get terrible ping to any server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom