• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just literally fired up the single player campaign and went to change some video settings. When I saved the settings and came back, I was getting some crazy seizure inducing green/red/blue lights flashing all over the environment.

Anybody else getting that? I've noticed its only when I've changed and saved video settings while in game. Otherwise the game seems to be running fine on a mix of high and ultra settings at 1920x1080.

Running on a 4670k, 760GTX, 8 GB RAM.

kidko

That sucks. Played about 4 hours this morning on various servers, not one crash. Pretty good performance overall.

Asus 280X

Nothing really OC'd.

edit: what Catalyst are you running? I'm not using the beta drivers.

I grabbed the latest betas they just posted. Maybe I'll try going back on those if the crashes continue. Hoping DICE pushes out an update soon.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So I just literally fired up the single player campaign and went to change some video settings. When I saved the settings and came back, I was getting some crazy seizure inducing green/red/blue lights flashing all over the environment.

Anybody else getting that? I've noticed its only when I've changed and saved video settings while in game. Otherwise the game seems to be running fine on a mix of high and ultra settings at 1920x1080.

Running on a 4670k, 760GTX, 8 GB RAM.
Repi said its a driver bug, the last driver update should fix it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The server lag/netcode is starting to get to me. A bit horseshit to throw hellfire at someone, get no hitmarkers only for them to turn around and then two shot me.

Red Comet

Sweet lord. And I'm getting 74 with V-sync on. I was worried about that 3gig VRAM requirement but it seems my GTX 760 2gig VRAM should be fine. Thanks Repi and DICE? :D?

I've got the same graphic card so I'm glad the 2 GB VRAM isn't a problem. I'm going to upgrade to windows 8 tonight, so hopefully that will fix some of my stuttering issues and then next week I'm going to upgrade my RAM from 4 gb to 16 gb and that should hopefully lead to some improvement as well.

Sethos

Banned
Few more screenshots, hope no one minds.

HDvKb7g.png

TPNzfTd.png

gOOuzKd.png

0b63bt0.png

Av2sqhv.png

jWdOeug.png

nUcu6nl.png

I've got the same graphic card so I'm glad the 2 GB VRAM isn't a problem. I'm going to upgrade to windows 8 tonight, so hopefully that will fix some of my stuttering issues and then next week I'm going to upgrade my RAM from 4 gb to 16 gb and that should hopefully lead to some improvement as well.

In multiplayer running at 1920x1080 my card only uses 1.3 gig.

I got near the end of Tashgar (the dam level) and my game crashed on me. Since then I can't resume the campaign. If I try, it starts the loading screen cinematic and then crashes again during it. 100% reproducible problem. Any one else have this issue or know of a solution?

Heysoos

Good to hear. I have a 680m, and I am completely torn whether to get this for PC or PS4.

You should be completely fine with the 680m I think.

What's the screenshot button in this game?

Also, are only certain servers having a lot of lag or only certain? There's a shit ton of rubberbanding.

I bit the bullet and bought it for PC. While installing the game, it reminds me that I can pay another 50 bucks for five more expansions.

EA pls.

How does the ingame downsampling work?

Like if I am currently running @ 1080p how do i make it downsample from 1440p?

2 options. Traditional downsampling via adding custom resolutions in the nvidia control panel and selecting that resolution in-game (this also scale the HUD down too)

OR

Resolution scale. Just crank up resolution scale until your performance suffers too much.

mojiimbo

Even though it's not advertised as such, anyone know if China Rising is free for first run copies of the game(not just preorders) like Karkand was last time?

Crisco

Banned
Seriously, why in the hell is "War Tapes" not the default sound setting? It absolutely blows away the other options, especially with a binaural headphone setup. I feel bad for anyone who is misled by the naming and leaves it on "HiFi" because they think "War Tapes" is mono or something.

HariKari

Seriously, why in the hell is "War Tapes" not the default sound setting? It absolutely blows away the other options, especially with a binaural headphone setup. I feel bad for anyone who is misled by the naming and leaves it on "HiFi" because they think "War Tapes" is mono or something.

War Tapes is just a much louder soundscape, and it's not necessarily the best.

I'll definitely try that out when I get home. But I've always heard War Tapes has horrible footsteps. Yes, no?

xAlias

2 options. Traditional downsampling via adding custom resolutions in the nvidia control panel and selecting that resolution in-game (this also scale the HUD down too)

OR

Resolution scale. Just crank up resolution scale until your performance suffers too much.

Thanks! I will go with route 2.

BNGames

Confirmed DualShock 4 works well with the PC Version, however I ran into issues if you want to switch between the Keyboard/Mouse to Controller. When the DS4 is plugged in, I can only move laterally with the mouse, but if you want to go full controller it works great!

Test Vid: http://youtu.be/9iSmuFL7r3I

btkadams

i've never really played a battlefield game, but i have this preordered for ps4. i have always enjoyed shooting games but got sick of call of duty. i'm getting killzone though.

is battlefield premium a good idea? if i order it today on psn, i get $10 back with the psn promotion going on. how much are expansions outside of the premium membership? is it only worth it if i intend on playing the shit out of this game? i imagine i'll play with friends for a while, but not like 1000s of hours.

i've never really played a battlefield game, but i have this preordered for ps4. i have always enjoyed shooting games but got sick of call of duty. i'm getting killzone though.

is battlefield premium a good idea? if i order it today on psn, i get $10 back with the psn promotion going on. how much are expansions outside of the premium membership? is it only worth it if i intend on playing the shit out of this game? i imagine i'll play with friends for a while, but not like 1000s of hours.

If you're not seeing yourself playing the game two years down the road, then you may want to refrain from getting Premium until it's cheaper.

If you're willing to stick with BF4 for a long time, it's a no-brainer, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom