• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did this series stop being a sandbox shooter?

Battlefield started out multiplayer only.

I might put 5 hours into the single player but will likely spend hundreds in the multiplayer.

So the real question is why are you judging battlefield 4 on 1% of the experience?

Nah the old Battlefield games were sandbox shooters even in single player.

Bad Company 1\2 were the first games with single player to my knowledge, and they were not "sandbox shooters." Before that, the single player was.... bot matches.

j0XZpwL.gif

Kingbrave

When did Battlefield become a Call of Duty clone?

I remember playing Battlefield 1942, skipped vietnam, 1943, I played Battlefield 2. All of those seemed to be Battlefield games.

I was looking at the comparison footage, being curious about Next Gen, and I noticed the heavily scripted story and many Call of Duty like elements.

The single player is just tacked on. Multiplayer is where its at.

It's still a sandbox shooter in multiplayer.

I only ever played it seriously single player or Co-Op with a LAN buddy.

I remember playing it online (1942 I think), and had some guys complain that I was hogging the turret and kept getting attacked for not sharing. Last time I played online Battlefield.

I remember playing Battlefield 1942, skipped vietnam, 1943, I played Battlefield 2. All of those seemed to be Battlefield games.

I was looking at the comparison footage, being curious about Next Gen, and I noticed the heavily scripted story and many Call of Duty like elements.

Quite a while ago, where've you been?

In the old battlefield games, single player was just the multiplayer maps with bots. No story or anything.

Now this guy knows what I am talking about. Sandbox in the sense of Minecraft. No story, just play. When did they introduce story as a single player element of Battlefield games? Did 3 do this? I am pretty sure 2 didn't. I could be wrong though. My memory ain't what it used to be.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

All of the games you mentioned didn't have a campaign.

I've only experienced two crashes since yesterday. I'm on 8.1

I hope it is like that for me as well. I suppose the performance bump will be nice as well.

Beaner

Now this guy knows what I am talking about. Sandbox in the sense of Minecraft. No story, just play. When did they introduce story as a single player element of Battlefield games? Did 3 do this? I am pretty sure 2 didn't. I could be wrong though. My memory ain't what it used to be.

It was the first bad company game. I only ever played singleplayer in the older games when my internet was down, bots weren't very smart.

Bad company did, but that was much better than the shit we got with BF3 that was just QTE after QTE, but I didn't really care much, just went into multiplayer after a few hours of campaign and never looked back to the campaign, worked out fine.

I remember playing 1942 single player, once. 90% of the AI bots didn't actually move. It was like 4 bots on a team of 24 took turns being active and fired their weapon occasionally and the rest stood where they spawned.

koryuken

You are not comprehending what I am trying to say.

When you experience an extremely variable frame rate that is indicative of the first level of BF4, and Frost Bite games in general.
You will get that choppiness.

The reason you are seeing it, is because you are below your monitor's refresh rate. That means you visually see when you are dropping frames. It is significantly more noticeable in games with extremely variable framerate, or when you drop more than 10 frames at a time. Both line up with what I have experienced so far with BF4.

My suggestion was to either lower your settings so you get >60 fps. I'm sitting at 75-85 fps right now and I never notice drops because I am above the refresh rate.

Thanks. Just curious, what graphics card are you using?

vilmer_

Except CoD campaigns are a lot better than that. The bots were awful in Battlefield.

I didn't check. The sound crashes half the time. Then it will just ctd and I even got a couple blue screens.

I was getting the same kind of thing, with the sound 'buzzing' and then ctd. I switched physx over to the cpu instead of gpu and haven't had one crash since.

Just out of curiosity, if there is anyone (or find a sit that I haven't) that has a GTX 680 and/or GTX 680 SLI, what are your frames per second and at which kind of detail/resolution?

Guys, if I buy the game right now on PSN will I still get the pre order bonus Map Pack?

I don't see anything like that on the PSN store, so I would guess no. It was a pre-order bonus after all, and the game is out now. Unless you're talking about PS4 of course.

Salsa

duders, I bought the game as a GamersGate key and was told i'd get the China Rising pre-order bonus in the key itself. Is there a way to check if I own it?

Heysoos

Neat, apparently I'm competing in Division 1 World for main battle tank. Whatever that means.

Also third crash total. It's not many but they all seem to happen when I'm doing great in the match. :(

I don't think I keep my stats from those matches either.

RS4-

Lol, putting the key I purchased from GMG into Origin: I get the confirm product thing with the various languages, info, next screen I get an error.

Even after restarting Origin.

edit - h ad to do it on the Origin site and wow, no expansion pack for me. Wtf.

Meant to say that I don't have China Rising listed under the extras/"i" button in BF4.

Bombless

Lol, putting the key I purchased from GMG into Origin: I get the confirm product thing with the various languages, info, next screen I get an error.

Even after restarting Origin.

edit - h ad to do it on the Origin site and wow, no expansion pack for me. Wtf.

There should be a separate key for Premium.

Edit : Unless you talk about China Rising, I have no idea about that.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I was getting the same kind of thing, with the sound 'buzzing' and then ctd. I switched physx over to the cpu instead of gpu and haven't had one crash since.

I am hoping the switch to 8.1 will fix the problem for me but I will keep this in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom