• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I miss the weapon star system in BC2. You need few kills to bronze or silver stars, but you earn just a few points. For me that was an incentive to try all weapons, get at least bronze on all of them.

I miss that too. The die hard players went for platinum stars (1000 kills) with each weapon.

Now, there is no incentive to using different weapons.

Guys if I want the best image possible on my new 290x should I be running MSAA or FXAA? Or both together?

A 290x? That new beast of a card? You should be able to use a decent amoubt of the in-game supersampling (resolution scale). Just 2xMSAA and then crank resolution scale as high as performance will allow you to. Keep post AA off. That will blur your game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now, there is no incentive to using different weapons.

Outside of unlocks?

But eh... unlocks don't give enough points to reach max rank. I tried doing the "use all weapons and unlock all stuff on the guns" I nearly had all the non-snipers unlocked fully but I was at level 45 Colonel (so... level 95? or so?) of Level 100 colonels but no where close to ranking up quickly doing that.

DICE raises the level cap from level 50/General of the Army in BC2 but doesn't make the time-investment or ranking up worth it. Once you reach the "level cap" of unlocking stuff that's it, it becomes a chore and bore to grind for levels at that point.

Arcipello

the textures are so high res in this game, was reading the back of a medicine bottle through my scope, one of the side effects was Capitalism haha

Given that I really really only want to play this for the campaign and the visuals, would I be a complete bastard buying it, playing the campaign through in an evening, then using the great game policy? Really wouldn't be bothered not having access after, just want to give the campaign a spin.

kencey

I'm randomly crashing on loading screen. Has like 30% chance to happen. Weird !
Also loading screen takes like 3 min. I remember beta taking like 30 sec.

vixlar

Outside of unlocks?

But eh... unlocks don't give enough points to reach max rank. I tried doing the "use all weapons and unlock all stuff on the guns" I nearly had all the non-snipers unlocked fully but I was at level 45 Colonel (so... level 95? or so?) of Level 100 colonels but no where close to ranking up quickly doing that.

DICE raises the level cap from level 50/General of the Army in BC2 but doesn't make the time-investment or ranking up worth it. Once you reach the "level cap" of unlocking stuff that's it, it becomes a chore and bore to grind for levels at that point.

Well, what I mean is a little more subjective.

If I didn't like a weapon, I tried to get to bronze, and that's it. Only 20 kills. If I really liked a weapon, well, let's go for platinum. But even with few kills you got a sense of achievement. Now you need 100 kills to earn your first star.

Hixx

Had a weird bug on Flood Zone. The water must have raised and my game didn't actually raise the water so I was seeing people swimming in mid air and the vehicles floating everywhere.

Then my game crashed which is par for the course at the moment.

Outside of unlocks?

yeah i still have 4 guns left on PS3 and like 7-8 on 360 to finish the unlocks on

Ik0Cqlo.png

Second game. Awesome.

Heysoos

Not sure if it's just bad luck, but I've seen a good amount of tanks/vehicles just casually drive over my mines with them not going off at all.

vehn

I have two monitors and set my game to be borderless window, but every time I load in the game, it only covers about 2/3 of the monitor. Anyone know how to fix that?

antitrop

If I was even minorly interested in Battlefield 4 on current-gen consoles, I would just get Call of Duty: Ghosts or nothing, instead.

A 290x? That new beast of a card? You should be able to use a decent amoubt of the in-game supersampling (resolution scale). Just 2xMSAA and then crank resolution scale as high as performance will allow you to. Keep post AA off. That will blur your game.

I have a 2560x1440 monitor @ 85hz so I don't think I'll be able to crank the scale up too much. Game is done downloading in about an hour so I can try it out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The first game in a very long time I'm completely regretting purchasing. It's not fun at all in my opinion. Is there a way to get a refund on Origin? I'm guessing not but if I can I definitely want it.

Did you... like... not attempt to get into the beta or something?

friday

Every map I have played so far has been pretty damn awesome. Only one I did not like was Zavod 311. Felt like I was always being shot in the back.

Coooooool.

Dawnbreaker

Maximizing pressure in the gas pipelines that run along the central avenue by operating two valves beneath the street will cause them to explode, destroying and collapsing the bridge up top.

The destruction will, of course, disrupt vehicle usage along the roads above and below but also provide more cover within one of the more heated areas of the map.

Flood Zone

A levee holding back a large body of water can be destroyed using C4, grenades, rockets, or any other explosive devices aimed at a large crack in the structure.

Breaking it will flood the streets, allowing the usage of amphibious vehicles, and will open up new routes while closing others. A battle pickup will become unavailable.

Golmud Railway

A capture point placed on a train moves closer to the spawn of the team that has captured that objective. IED’s are also placed throughout the map which are capable of mass damage. They can be triggered with explosive weaponry or detonated with various control consoles.

IED explosions create huge craters in the map, changing the landscape. The moving train, which also carries mounted weapons, will make the capturing team’s job much easier the closer it moves to their base.

Hainan Resort

Oil spills set ablaze with explosives will cause the left and right wings of the central hotel to burn down.

Visibility is reduced due to black smoke while areas in the hotel become inaccessible.

Lancing Dam

Using rockets and other explosive devices along the large crack, the large dam can be broken, sending large pieces of debris crashing to the ground.

The landscape around the base of the dam is altered and visibility is reduced while all electricity within the area is also shut of. A battle pickup available previous to the event becomes disabled.

Operation Locker

Players can lock enemies within the prison gates where a tower will crumble if hit with enough explosive munitions, killing the trapped soldiers within. The snowstorm that rages outside of the prison will intensify and calm throughout a match.

Opening and closing the prison gates will alter various routes while weaponry stationed in the tower will not longer be functional after it is destroyed. The crumbling tower will also slightly alter the map’s layout while the blizzard outside will make it more difficult to see in and out of the prison.

Paracel Storm

After it is struck with lighting by the oncoming storm, a wind turbine can be destroyed, sending a gigantic US destroyer ship crashing ashore.

The crashed ship will alter the landscape in a high-traffic area on the map and allow access to the ship’s AA guns and a new battle pickup. The ever increasing storm will reduce visibility and result in larger waves, making battles on the water a little more complicated.

Rogue Transmission

Destroying the cables supporting a large radio telescope receiver will send it crashing down to the dish below.

The playable area underneath the receiver will be altered and will no longer spawn a vehicle.

Seige of Shanghai

The central sky scraper will fall if its support structures are destroyed by explosive weaponry. Bollards on the bridges accessing the tower can be raised and lowered.

The debris will reduce visibility and drastically alter the area surrounding the the building, even changing the elevation of a capture point. Vehicles will be unable to advance across the bridge with raised bollards.

Zavod 311

A timer inside the central building can be toggled. Upon reaching zero, a large warhead will explode, sending the smokestack above tumbling to the ground.

The area in which the explosion and tower crash takes place will become inhospitable to vehicles and can also damage players who enter the area with radiation poisoning.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Every map I have played so far has been pretty damn awesome. Only one I did not like was Zavod 311. Felt like I was always being shot in the back.

They really stepped up map design it seems. I played operation lockout on a 32 man server and it was pretty damn sick.

JJD

$10 upgrade is supposed to be available until March or something like that, and $10 back ends in like 9 hours

Thanks man! I bought BF4 and Premium and should be able to get my 20 bucks back.

I tried buying the 10 dollars BF4 digital upgrade after I bought the PS3 version of BF4 but it is unavailable. Do we have to wait until the PS4 launches to buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom