• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

Is anyone else getting flickering in the campaign? There's a ton of it but goes away when I restart the game, and then comes back randomly again.

Is anyone else getting flickering in the campaign? There's a ton of it but goes away when I restart the game, and then comes back randomly again.

I was getting this really bad (but psychedelic) texture flicker issue, but upgrading to the most recent release candidate Nvidia drivers solved it.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yeah I'm talking about China Rising, sorry about that.

It doesn't show up for me under the info button

Like this one which Salsa posted:
For me, Premium and all the expansions are showing up under the info button, but its all greyed out.

I'm in the UK, so the game's not out til the 1st. Does that have anything to do with it? I input the Premium code already and not sure whether it did anything.

RS4-

For me, Premium and all the expansions are showing up under the info button, but its all greyed out.

I'm in the UK, so the game's not out til the 1st. Does that have anything to do with it? I input the Premium code already and not sure whether it did anything.

I spoke to EA anyway, so I'll wait a few more days to see what happens. Compared to Salsa's image, I only have the premium box (which is greyed out as I didn't buy it).

Sethos

Banned
Just tried Defuse briefly, seems amazing. However there's some massive errors, while playing it'll just change view to one of your teammates and 10 seconds later, back to you with a big fat "Press mouse-something to next / previous" and MP in general feels laggy.

K.Sabot

So I've played the beta for a long time and have been playing a lot today.

I have yet to unlock a SINGLE ITEM.

The fuck is with this system? Did they slow down the unlock rate to make people pay for them via battlepacks?

kidko

So I've played the beta for a long time and have been playing a lot today.

I have yet to unlock a SINGLE ITEM.

The fuck is with this system? Did they slow down the unlock rate to make people pay for them via battlepacks?

Beta unlocks don't carry over. Are you using the same loadout each time? I only played a couple hours last night and already unlocked my first carbine.

K.Sabot

Beta unlocks don't carry over. Are you using the same loadout each time? I only played a couple hours last night and already unlocked my first carbine.

I didn't unlock anything (outside of a couple of flash suppressors) during the beta despite playing it for nearly a week. I know it didn't carry over.

Bombless

It takes longer to level up anything compared to BF3. If you keep changing kits and weapons then yes, it will take even longer.

I didn't unlock anything (outside of a couple of flash suppressors) during the beta despite playing it for nearly a week. I know it didn't carry over.

I played about 4 hours and already unlocked third assault weapon(M416).
Maybe you are playing different class each time? Or you don't get enough kills?

Overdoziz

Banned
So, I just finished the campaign. Overall I feel that it's better than Battlefield 3's, but it's still nothing to write home about. Here's a short list of comments off the top of my head:

+Slightly more open level design allowed for different approaches to encounters
+Being able to choose whatever weapons you wanted also added to this variety
+Gameplay tries to teach you the basics of multiplayer more than BF3 did
+Being able to freely enter and exit vehicles in certain areas
+No real QTEs

-There are still a lot of scripted unskippable sequences
-Having to wait for your teammates or stand in very specific areas to trigger events
-Story was, just like in 99% of military shooters, unimpressive
-NPCs keep specifically complimenting me and only me for my actions or even for our entire squad's actions
-NPCs calling out that the area is clear the second I kill the last guy in an area every time
-Still no flying section
-Levels still very linear compared to multiplayer
-Smaller scale battles than in BF3
-Very short, finished it within 5 hours

In the end it's slightly better than I expected, but that's mostly because I went in with basically no expectations anyway. I feel like if DICE wants to create a campaign that will grab the players as much as mutliplayer does they need to turn the game into a sandbox game. Think something like Halo or Crysis 1 (first 2/3 of the game), but with Battlefield's weapons, vehicles and equipment. These aren't open world games, but still offer wide open maps which allow you to approach encounters and a lot of different ways. Why not have huge battles with tanks, helicopters, infantry and all the good stuff and allow the player to choose whatever weaponry they want? That's the kind of stuff that people play for multiplayer for. BF4's campaign showed this kind of approach in a handful of moments where you overlook an area with the option to approach it in multiple ways, but I think taking that a step further would improve the game a lot.

Sigh... maybe in Battlefield 5.

Kingbrave

After that one CTD on Siege it hasn't happened anymore. I did have the sound get quiter without me changing the volume once. The next map it was fixed.

I have been playing rush for the first time since BC2 and I'm having fun. I've play obliteration and nobody was doing objectives. I get lost in CQ and CQ large....

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So is it impossible to get Steam Overlay to work with BF4? I want to talk with bros while I'm killing dudes.

Apparently it works on 32-bit executables. Someone boot the 32-bit version and see.

If that's the case, Valve needs to update the Steam client pronto to run on 64-bit OS'.

scogoth

I had an out-of-body experience today in Battlefield.

ThdN342.jpg

Eric WK

Speaking from the perspective of a 360 player, this is a huge improvement over Battlefield 3. Maps are great, progression is cool, tweaks to scoring are very welcome. Having so much fun.

Now just let me invite players before joining a server and allow me to customize my loadouts somewhere other than in-match or on Battlelog, and I'll be really happy.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I could have gotten $12 bucks off on GMG the other day, but I passed. Now, I feel like buying it. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

The first game in a very long time I'm completely regretting purchasing. It's not fun at all in my opinion. Is there a way to get a refund on Origin? I'm guessing not but if I can I definitely want it.

antitrop

No I love shooters I just don't love this one. I put about 60 hours into Battlefield 3 and enjoyed that enough. Not enjoying this as much as I enjoyed 3. The maps are awful.

Unusual, but I'm pretty sure Origin will allow you a refund.

Origin's return policy is about the only advantage it has over Steam.

posted in the pc thread but seems like theres more ppl in here. Anyone know how to fix this error?

Dunno if this is where this goes but I finally finished the download and installed the game and I get an error trying to start up both Multiplier and Singleplayer "Origin is not installed, and is required to play your game. Please reinstall Origin".

Does that mean I'll have to redownload BF4 as well?

vixlar

I miss the weapon star system in BC2. You need few kills to bronze or silver stars, but you earn just a few points. For me that was an incentive to try all weapons, get at least bronze on all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom