• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastry

Banned
I'm kind of disappointed that all of the "levelution" stuff is basically just binary triggers. It's still a really cool thing for a shooter to have, but I was under the impression it'd be a little more dynamic.

Oh well, in Battlefield 7 we'll be able to play Siege of Shanghai and have every building act like point A.

Yeah but imagine the levolution stuff that will be in Battlefront!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm kind of disappointed that all of the "levelution" stuff is basically just binary triggers. It's still a really cool thing for a shooter to have, but I was under the impression it'd be a little more dynamic.

Oh well, in Battlefield 7 we'll be able to play Siege of Shanghai and have every building act like point A.

I agree with the way they were hyping it, I thought it'd be ground deformation finally in. Sadly, it's just event triggers. :/ Not exciting. I mean it's neat seeing them now and then, but...

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Just now trying to play on PC, can't join a game. Keep getting an error saying I have been disconnected from each server with the number one as it's distinction. :(

Edit: Anyone know of a solution? Reinstalled and updated punkbuster. Single player works fine just can't connect for mp.

Gav47

The servers feel messed up, like I'm playing hardcore mode or something, as soon as an enemy spots me I just drop dead even in engagements were I fire first I end up dying and the other guy walks away with 30-50 health.

antitrop

I laughed out loud at the Combat Lifesaver "It was a three hour class!" joke.

I took that course, it was pretty much a waste of time/check in the box.

Stantron

The servers feel messed up, like I'm playing hardcore mode or something, as soon as an enemy spots me I just drop dead even in engagements were I fire first I end up dying and the other guy walks away with 30-50 health.

I know what you mean. This was happening to me a lot yesterday. It feels like playing with a huge handicap.

Zoomed

Neo Member
just decided to pull the trigger on BF4.......immediately get sent a hearthstone beta key from blizzard.

fuck you blizzard, fuck you.

You forgot your pbag bro

Bullshit. I never forget my pbag when I'm settling in for a full night of gaming.

Update punkbuster, I got a similar error with battlefield 3 before and that fixed it.

Thanks, I'll check into that if it happens again. I had already played some, and played a couple more afterwards, so it may have just been a random thing.

I could run BF3 fine, but this game runs terribly for me. Even on low settings, I still get a shit framerate.

There were new NVidia drivers yesterday if you're on that side of things.

RaptorGTA

The 360 version is so damn ugly, but I'm having fun with it. Any other 360 peeps playing?

Me and a friend tried playing together on 360 just now..couldnt get in the same game together...Not sure who's bring idea it was at DICE to remove the ability for friends to squad up. We gave up..I'm going back to playing on the PC...

Anyone having weird sound issues on Golmud Railway on PC? As in the sound just stops completely or only certain sound effect are audible?

Had that happen on the dam map...next game fixed it I believe.

Some PC folks got an update pushed, right? I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm hoping it fixes the audio issues I'm (and many others) are having. Oh, and the whole... crashing every other game thing.

Phalanx92

Does anyone know if you can change the control scheme for gamepads on the PC version? They seemed to have changed the controls for flying jets and I'd rather have them be like BF3.

HariKari

Does anyone know how the division crap works? I never could figure out if there were multiple divisions

35d5t4e.jpg

Timu

Campaign took 4.5 hours to beat.

Also the multiplayer, while fun, seems to be crashing often along with that stuck black loading screen...

GJS

So far not had any real problems with the game itself, the problems for me are the servers.

Servers keep crashing, more often then actually finishing a round, such a waste of exp.

antitrop

I've watched every cutscene and paid attention to every line of dialogue, so far, and I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the plot. Ugh.

HariKari

I've watched every cutscene and paid attention to every line of dialogue, so far, and I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the plot. Ugh.

The bad Chinese guy told the people that the U.S. assassinated the upcoming good Chinese guy. Something something riots in the street, Russia is joining for no apparent reason. Kill lots of faceless enemies before getting to cliche ending.

Eric WK

Does anyone know how the division crap works? I never could figure out if there were multiple divisions

If you click the little 'i' information button, it will tell you all sorts of information about what division you're in and how they break down and what the cutoff for each is. Pretty cool and it's updated in real time.

antitrop

I'm not going to lie, the "Tank Boss Battle" in the second mission was absolutely awful.

It's almost like a parody. Running around like a dumbass trying to throw AT mines in its path, who thought this up? It felt like a gameplay scenario out of a Build engine game from the 90s. I can't believe how lame it is.

I think it's the fucking garbage netcode. Thought it couldn't get worse than BF3? Think again!

I feel like the netcode is noticeably better than 3's (I haven't had a single "I ran around a corner and still died" moment), but there's definitely something funky going on with hit detection on some servers. I'm not sure how I can put three several-round bursts into someone and instantly die (from full health) when they return fire. Maybe it's just launch-day weirdness.

antitrop

The bad Chinese guy told the people that the U.S. assassinated the upcoming good Chinese guy. Something something riots in the street, Russia is joining for no apparent reason. Kill lots of faceless enemies before getting to cliche ending.

At least the graphics are good.

HariKari

I feel like the netcode is noticeably better than 3's (I haven't had a single "I ran around a corner and still died" moment), but there's definitely something funky going on with hit detection on some servers. I'm not sure how I can put three several-round bursts into someone and instantly die (from full health) when they return fire. Maybe it's just launch-day weirdness.

The way the server sends info back to you as far as hits go is messed up. That's why it gives you the impression that you died so easily. Hit reg itself is fine, it's just that there's quite a bit of slack in the system. I am constantly getting mutual kills and finding it hard to have a high KD in 4. The recoil/hipfire system is so much more friendlier now to new players that it's just easier to kill the really good players.

If you click the little 'i' information button, it will tell you all sorts of information about what division you're in and how they break down and what the cutoff for each is. Pretty cool and it's updated in real time.

Can't tell if im #10 in the world for skill or not. Div 1 though. Thug life?

vilmer_

I would be in a MUCH better situation for rankeage had it not been for the countless disconnects and crashes leaving all of those stats worthless. *shakes fist*

Ravijn

I've played a few matches on the PC and had varied luck. Some game were perfect and had no disconnects but then the last two I played had disconnects.

my friends are trying to play the game on the 360 but both keep saying it's crashing/freezing up my thier boxes....? Anyone here having that issue?

no complaints on the PC end from me tho-as far as connections to games

antitrop

BTW, just a heads up. I researched this, and what you are describing would result in screen tearing, not chop. Screen tearing happens when the refresh rate on the monitor is not in sync with the video card.

For some reason, the game was choppy throughout the first level, but it completely went away after that. Even the most intense firefights on shanghai were butter smooth. I am not sure what is going on with that first level.
I can confirm that the first level runs worse than the rest of the game, so strange. First mission I was getting drops into the mid 30s, but after I finished that mission I was extremely impressed by the graphics and get like a fairly steady 50-60 framerate.

Weird. Crysis 3 was the same way, worse performance on the first mission than the rest of the game.

Ravijn

Some PC folks got an update pushed, right? I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm hoping it fixes the audio issues I'm (and many others) are having. Oh, and the whole... crashing every other game thing.

I got a few disconnects but no audio issues. I didn't see an update myself but I read on the BF4 forums if you right click on the BF4 icon in Origin and select 'Repair Install' that it should patch the game if there is an update out there.

Other than that the game runs great with everything cranked to ultra.

manhack

I can't connect to a server no matter what. Keeps loading in the task bar and battlelog says "disconnected from EA"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm not going to lie, the "Tank Boss Battle" in the second mission was absolutely awful.

It's almost like a parody. Running around like a dumbass trying to throw AT mines in its path, who thought this up? It felt like a gameplay scenario out of a Build engine game from the 90s. I can't believe how lame it is.

I used C4. It was pretty simple. Didn't bother with mines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom