• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
posted in the pc thread but seems like theres more ppl in here. Anyone know how to fix this error?

Not sure if anyone responded to this yet.

You shouldn't need to reinstall the game. Once Origin is installed it should scan your computer for other EA games and add them to your Origin Library. I assume it works the same with BF4.

When I first installed Origin it pulled a bunch of my EA games purchased through Steam into the Origin games library.

GuessWho

I wouldn't play Battlefield 4 on current-gen consoles if someone gave me the game for free.

Do you honestly have a good reason to have a 32-bit OS on your gaming PC?

yes, laziness. I went from win 7 32 bit upgraded to win 8 32 bit and didn't know that you couldn't select 64 bit. Once installed, I just said fuck it.
It doesn't change the fact that it's dumb that I can't modify settings.

Dennis

Banned
untitled_306_by_dennisk4-d6safm6.gif

Thanks man! I bought BF4 and Premium and should be able to get my 20 bucks back.

I tried buying the 10 dollars BF4 digital upgrade after I bought the PS3 version of BF4 but it is unavailable. Do we have to wait until the PS4 launches to buy it?

i dunno, i saw the upgrade as available, but i never tried to buy it, i was waiting for my $10 back code before buying it

I'm kind of disappointed that all of the "levelution" stuff is basically just binary triggers. It's still a really cool thing for a shooter to have, but I was under the impression it'd be a little more dynamic.

Oh well, in Battlefield 7 we'll be able to play Siege of Shanghai and have every building act like point A.

LordCanti

How's the server infrastructure on the PC in the final game? The beta would not stop crashing on me in a lot of the ways that BF3 had always crashed on me (which inevitably made me rage quit the game entirely). If it's solid, I'll probably jump in.

Goddamn multiplayer on pc is borked right now. So many disconnects, rubberbanding, bugs :/

Aah, missed your post before. Mmm.....

That makes me nervous.

Man, this is crashing like mad for me. Pretty much every other round :(

Still fun though!

We're 5 other experiencing the exact same, except often crashing us several times each round... Usually when trying to join up with each other.

Crashing as in freezing and crashing and getting a message about how the game is no longer responding? Task manager and all that?

Or is it the server causing the game to crash?

I'm curious if people who OC the GPU is having any issues.

Im getting the ctd every 3 or 4 rounds. Sometimes game freezes with sound stuttering, other times it will just drop to a black screen. Game otherwise runs great. Also this didn't happen prior to official launch when I was on vpn

So why does my tank turret have inverted cross hairs, but the machine gun on top doesnt? To "fix" this I have to set the controls opposite in the control panel, but then that inverts the machine gun. It's not apparent what setting has them both not be inverted. Any ideas?

I have a generic 360 pad. BETA recognized it but BF4 doesn't seem to.

esai

Ok GAF help me out. Should I play bf4 or install windows 8 to get the better performance. I hot my os disk in the mail yesterday.

Crashing as in freezing and crashing and getting a message about how the game is no longer responding? Task manager and all that?

Not OC'ing anything, don't think the others are either. Seems like server problems most of the time, just an hour ago we were all disconnected which resulted in the game itself crashing, it does give an error message about not responding most of the time. But often we try to connect to the servers we are on and one of us will crash, then another one as soon as the one crashed before enters and it just keeps going like that. Campaign works fine.

Also the sound just completely disappears in a few maps, at the same time for all of us...

zeox

not OC'ing anything, running latest drivers etc. And it crashes to a message about how the game is no longer responding. has happened to me 5-6 times now

Overdoziz

Banned
Fuck me, DICE added the 2 second black screen when spawning back in after it not being present in the beta. What gives? It's soooo annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom