• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Do your Boosts count real-world time, or time-played as reported by the server?

After getting these all day I feel like maybe I should save my boosts until the servers are more stable than than the building in the middle of the beta map.

wfSadxO.jpg

XOGCJtW.jpg

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Can't load multiplayer at all. Stuck at Loading Level...

Tried reinstalling PunkBuster - I'm currently "repairing" the BF4 install.

Fuck me for buying games on day one. I'll never learn.

HariKari

DICE should send in the sound the MG4 makes for award consideration. Just pure bliss.

The BC2 style claymores are surprisingly effective, especially on maps like Flood Zone.

pargonta

will there be dice servers with easy matchmaking? like halo 2 or bad company 2 on consoles.

where you don't choose any parameters, just mode and map.

hope that is in there in addition to full customize on ps4 when i get that.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I never understood how that was so popular. That and instant vehicle spawn.

High ticket servers are for grinding levels/unlocks. There is a reason there were 24/7 high ticket metro servers. Couple rounds on that with medic or support and you've unlocked everything you want.

Instant vehicle respawn is for people who want to ignore the objectives and treat BF4 like a game of GTA.

High ticket servers are for grinding levels/unlocks. There is a reason there were 24/7 high ticket metro servers. Couple rounds on that with medic or support and you've unlocked everything you want.

Instant vehicle respawn is for people who want to ignore the objectives and treat BF4 like a game of GTA.

And how exactly are you supposed to "play a couple of rounds" of 2000 ticket Caspian Border? Because that's what 90% of what showed up in my server browser towards the end.

AmyS

I'm glad I have to wait, seems like BF4 is still in 'beta' even after release.

Won't get PS4 ver til mid-late December and won't have a new gaming rig til March-April.

By then I hope PC (and console) server issues are sorted out and that PC drivers improve quite a bit.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I have to wait, seems like BF4 is still in 'beta' even after release.

Won't get PS4 ver til mid-late December and won't have a new gaming rig til March-April.

By then I hope PC (and console) server issues are sorted out and that PC drivers improve quite a bit.

Runs better for me on PC than BF3 ever did. Had to repair install to get it to work, but it's great now.

Rickyjawn

Neo Member
Life is hard being a left handed player. Pressing J and K at the same time stop any input to the game so I cant strafe left and move back at the same time. :(

JackHerer

I posted this in the performance thread but this is probably a better place for it. I have pre-loaded the game but it is greyed out in my Origin library. When I click on it it says its still unreleased.

It gives me a release date of October 30th at 6pm. I tried restarting client, pc, etc. Nothing. Can anyone help?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
All ya'll skipping singleplayer: Ya'll will NEED to play it for the FN P90, MP-413 REX and other guns locked to that mode.

Plasmid said:
I bought BF4 today only playing very minimal Battlefield 3. Is there a noobs starter guide anywhere :lol?

1) THROW YOUR FUCKING KIT ITEMS OUT, JESUS CHRIST YOU NEWBIE.
2) REPAIR THE VEHICLES GODDAMN IT.
3) PTFO

All you need to know. You're welcome. That'll be $.05 plz.

I posted this in the performance thread but this is probably a better place for it. I have pre-loaded the game but it is greyed out in my Origin library. When I click on it it says its still unreleased.

It gives me a release date of October 30th at 6pm. I tried restarting client, pc, etc. Nothing. Can anyone help?

are you in Europe?

All ya'll skipping singleplayer: Ya'll will NEED to play it for the FN P90, MP-413 REX and other guns locked to that mode.

3) PTFO

Don't forget to spot

And for the love of god, please don't block doorways

Overdoziz

Banned
The lag when using VPN is pretty bad sadly. Wish the game would just release at the same moment globally for the digital version of the game. :/

3) PTFO

You know what I've found? Twitch streamers, including the big ones, never, ever play for the objective. They just go for kills. I've seen them run right past flags or mcoms. It's so annoying.

Looks like boosts use in game time, not real world. Activated a 200% one hour one and then the game kept crashing, jumped back on now, several hours later, and I still have all the boost time left.

tsigo

On mission 6 of 7 in the campaign, and it's not good. MoW Warfighter had a way better campaign, for example. This keeps trying to go for "feels" moments without doing even the slightest thing to make them have weight. One character goes from "I hate you, [other character]", to "Tell me about yourself", which leads to a two-sentence back story, to an apology, to introducing [other character] to [Random Marine] and saying they're "good people" all in the span of a 30 second cutscene, I shit you not.

Call of Duty campaigns are more meaningful than this thing and with better set pieces. I don't know how they managed to make skyscrapers collapsing seem boring, but they did. And oh, god, the stealth sequences.

Oh, and you play a silent protagonist who also happens to be team leader. This leads to numerous occasions where one squad member will address you and ask what the next move is, only to have another squad member spell it out like they're in charge. And since this is a big-budget FPS campaign, you just follow the arrows around from objective to objective anyway, so who needs commanders?

TheSeks

You know what I've found? Twitch streamers, including the big ones, never, ever play for the objective. They just go for kills. I've seen them run right past flags or mcoms. It's so annoying.

Well, it is a shooter. And that's the community at large. :/

Odrion

Banned
Holy shit the BF4's singleplayer campaign is bad. Protip: When they inevitably sell the singleplayer weapons unlock for $2.99, take the offer.

At it's very best it's a very mediocre FPSer, and when it's not it's a bug laden mess. I had to restart two chapters due to crashing glitches and checkpointing in glitched geometry, TWO CHAPTERS.

TheSeks

First Carbine you unlock is GDLK. Slapping that on recon = death incarnate.

Now if the motion mines "pulsed" like BC2 I'd be in business. Never know if they're activated or not outside of "SPOT ASSIST!"

Odrion

Banned
Warfighter and BF3 are worse than BF4 due to both being around the same level of mediocrity and terrible bugs, except they don't have Omar. This has Omar. It has that going for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom