• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if this is known, but I read today that the local battlefield.no are no longer allowed to run servers for BF4. They've done this for 10 years, but apparently the community is no longer important to EA so they allow a single server host to have monopoly in a region.

See http://www.battlefield.no/artikkel/vi_står_uten_battlefield_4_servere

Google translate: http://translate.google.com/transla...ikkel/vi_st%C3%A5r_uten_battlefield_4_servere

Is this happening elsewhere?
That's kind of shitty. I never played on Battlefield.no or TV2s servers(TV2 servers were almost always empty in BF3), and I guess it's easier for EA to keep track of everything with fewer server hosts, but still.

I hope there is enough outcry so that EA changes this policy.

Xone9

Banned
good time last night playing it..

pretty great for a day 1 launch on multiplayer..

their is one new map that I love, but forgot the name... but its madness

aranth

I didn't think DICE would be able to design a worse map than Metro, but oh boy they beat all kind of records with Operation Locker. It's a damn grenade/320/rpg spam with nowhere to hide, where you spawn next to enemies half the time to an insta death.

And most 64 player servers crash every other round or have terrible rubberbanding, fix that asap DICE. I'm pretty tired of losing stats and unlocks.

How do you guys think a 560 GTX Ti would handle this game?

I've got a 560 TI 448 and I'm running everything on high at 1080p and bouncing around 35-55. I tried bumping some stuff down but it didn't seem to make any difference.I haven't had a single dip below 30 though.

RS4-

I didn't think DICE would be able to design a worse map than Metro, but oh boy they beat all kind of records with Operation Locker. It's a damn grenade/320/rpg spam with nowhere to hide, where you spawn next to enemies half the time to an insta death.

And most 64 player servers crash every other round or have terrible rubberbanding, fix that asap DICE. I'm pretty tired of losing stats and unlocks.

I like Locker. There's a lot more places to allow flanking, unlike Metro which had...1 spot when you reach the middle.

Dave_6

I've had it hard lock after dying in the campaign on two different occasions. Like when it's loading on the black screen then just stays there. I had to run task manager both times to get out of it (alt + tab wouldn't work).

The more I play Locker, the less I find that true. There are multiple routes past any given objective. Of course if you're playing on a 64p server that's part of the problem.

Does anyone know if this game is 7.1????????? I don't see any info on that and won't be home until tonight to test. specifically the PC version.

Arksy

I've been playing this game for 2 hours now and I can say that I felt like BF3 was far, far superior.

And I feel that next to Planetside 2, this is a far inferior game. :(

friday

Locker is far better than metro, at least both teams are on equal footing at the begging. I think the map is just so different from the others that you have to adjust your play. Try to avoid throwing yourself into the meat grinder by finding the other paths and angles, and know when to push forward.

cripterion

I've encoutered 0 bugs, crashes or bad framerates during the campaign, it was laughable how the story was bad, but it was such a smooth experience from start to finish, basically, a 4-5 hours ride just for eye candy.

Now multiplayer is why I got this game, and I knew there would be launch issues but damn the beta was better. Provided it's running smoothly in terms of fps but that lag, servers crashing, audio issues (sound effects going on and off or just simply sound stutter and then crash) are way too frequent, I feel lucky to finish a round on any server right now.

So far I've found all the maps fun, usually get rolled on vehicule centric maps cause the whole team is running like headless chickens, no matter if there's a commander or not.
I guess running with a squad of people you can trust takes this to the next level.

Despite the poor network performance and crashes I can't stop playing, enticed by those unlocks.

I'm still a bit leery about this new netcode. I'm hoping it'll smooth out as we get past launch, but I've had a handful of encounters where the outcome just didn't seem quite right.

I think I prefer client-side.

untitled_307_by_dennisk4-d6scb0d.gif

Holy balls batman....

I'm still downloading :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, this game's price on Origin is just bullshit, 59.90€ and that doesn't even get you the China Rising Expansion pack. Online stores are selling the physical limited edition for ~45€.

Just ugh.

Get the physical. Installs from DVD faster than downloading for most people + activates a digital copy on Origin.

There's no reason to not get a physical copy unless you simply don't want a box to hold a DVD in.

There are spots in BF3 MP maps where the sun glare literally prevents you from being able to see a large part of your screen...they toned it down in the DLC and it looks reduced in BF4, as well.

Is BF4 not optimized? I was watching a Frankie video yesterday and he was raving about how well it runs on a single 690. He claimed it was smoother than BF3. I assume that as they get the first patch or two out of the way, it will only get better.

LevelCap goes over all the Levolution events.

Out of curiosity what's the difference between supersampling and downsampling?
If there is one

They're basically the same thing. BF4 allows you to crank up an option called "resolution scale" which is basically a supersampling slider. Of course, you can also lower the setting which would then be considered upsampling.

In BF4 (and in almost all games) you can also choose downsampling resolutions (those higher than your monitor's native). This is brute force supersampling and has the disadvantage of scaling down the HUD (not sure why, so many other games handle the HUD just fine when downsampling).

If you're on nvidia, you can choose downsampling resolutions 2x higher than your native (3840x2160 on 1920x1080 monitor, 5120x2880 on 2560x1440 monitor). I found that a 2x higher downsampling resolution gives better image quality than 200% resolution scale, but also hits performance a bit harder.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There are spots in BF3 MP maps where the sun glare literally prevents you from being able to see a large part of your screen...they toned it down in the DLC and it looks reduced in BF4, as well.

Is BF4 not optimized? I was watching a Frankie video yesterday and he was raving about how well it runs on a single 690. He claimed it was smoother than BF3. I assume that as they get the first patch or two out of the way, it will only get better.

LevelCap goes over all the Levolution events.

So good.

ruxtpin

Banned
man I am loving this game. It feels responsive and I think the gun-play is really solid. For whatever reason, I always felt like the guns in the BF:BC, BC2, and BF3 were kinda' light. I'm probably not making any sense, but that's one thing I give to the Call of Duty series - solid gun-play or "gun feel." Now tho, BF4 reminds me of 1942. The gun-play is solid and I feel like I can easily know when I'm hitting someone.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I sure am looking forward to the "levolution" equivalents in Star Wars: Battlefront 3. Let's knock a star destroyer from orbit to the ground, please.

Tekku

I'm bored waiting for the game to be released in my country. Trying to create som sweet emblems meanwhile. Anyone recognize this fella? I can't get all the details right because I don't have enough layers, but I think you can tell what game he is from at least. :)

2955062345877730546.png

Sethos

Banned
I'm bored waiting for the game to be released in my country. Trying to create som sweet emblems meanwhile. Anyone recognize this fella? I can't get all the details right because I don't have enough layers, but I think you can tell what game he is from at least. :)

2955062345877730546.png

That doesn't look like Joel at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom