• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastamind

Grass sways nicely in the wind but still looks really gamey.

Here's one down from 6000x3000.
10568545774_24975e72db_o.png

What is wrong with his eye?

Nekrono

Just finished the campaign, really liked it! It's not mindblowing or revolutionary, it's pretty standard actually but the gameplay is much better than BF3 and the graphics... they make up for everything!

Question about the ending:
I ended up choosing Irish then the game ended up pretty abruptly, was that supposed to happen or is there a better ending? Should I have waiting to detonate the C4 or have chosen Hanna?

Now onto MP!

Played my first ever Battlefield matches tonight (360) and the lasting impression is that you get killed a bunch without knowing who or what shot you. Lol. That and I have no business piloting a helicopter - do they list controls anywhere??

the controls are listed in the options menu and in the multiplayer menu there is a training map that lets you mess around with all of the vehicles. there's stuff happening everywhere so at first it can really feel like you are getting killed from nowhere, just stick to it and try to play with some BF GAFfers if you get the chance.

The only thing that got me through BF4's single player was the Graphics.

It's pretty! But not as mind blowing as I had hoped for, and the story was just crap.

Overall however I felt like the actual game-play wasn't TOO draining overall, but I didn't play the game for Single Player, I just wanted the achievements and stuff.

I'm really disappointed
I didn't get to fly a helicopter or a jet for single player, the jet level is one of my favorites from BF3
. It was over pretty quickly as well, I mean - 7 levels... what!

I also felt like
the prison escape
was absolutely atrocious. It was put there simply for the matter of that FPS standard
"loose all your weapons"
thing.

So far however, I think the multiplayer even at this stage is way better than BF3 is at the moment and I haven't tried all the modes or levels yet. I like the feel of the guns better and the only problem I seem to have is noticing other players. It's like they're way to much lense flare and glare that hides EVERYTHING, but I think you will be able to end up using this to your advantage if you use those glares to your advantage. I believe it's a tactical thing and something I've just got to get used to the levels for. Seems like you level up and unlock stuff very slowly however, and I don't like any of the standard guns.

I am running the game on Ultra everything with 4x MSAA - highest settings at 1920x1080 and it looks gorgeous. But it definitely could look better IMO. I have only crashed once and that was in SP, not in MP yet.

Has there been any indication that they're going to release a soundtrack for the campaign? Once again it's the saving grace of the single player. I wish more AAA games would experiment with non-orchestral (and sometimes even non-melodic) soundtracks.

wrongway

Woo, Global Division 1 for Skill, SPM and KDR. I have no idea if that's actually good or at all meaningful, but I'll take it.

Sucks that CQ 64 servers seem to be having issues since that's usually my bread and butter. But on the up shot, the other modes and sizes are really good so far. :D

M.W.

What's with the asshole spawns in TDM?

Yes, I know the true BF experience is NOT TDM, but WTF? I played two TDM's in a row and died immediately after spawning about 15 times. LOL

esai

im loving the game so even more. still no single player. the lag is mostly gone too bad these game crashes are interrupting the game.

why does the game force you to sit and shoot waves of guys while Pac hacks a GLASS DOOR

Bulletproof?

What's with the asshole spawns in TDM?

Yes, I know the true BF experience is NOT TDM, but WTF? I played two TDM's in a row and died immediately after spawning about 15 times. LOL

Really seems they've got to work on that, it's not just restricted to TDM. There is something about the netcode that doesn't feel quite right.

Anyone looking for a partner for MP for the PC version? I have a mumble server that we could/can use. Krappadizzle on Battle-Log.

Earlier I was playing with a couple of gaf on Paracel and we were destroying it as the Evil Coast Guard of Doom. I'm not even that good, and just us working together as a team we managed to make up for each others deficiencies.

Mohonky

So does the PC version natively work with an Xbox360 controller?

3 didn't and as a result I never bothered with it.

KaiserBecks

Is China Rising included into Premium?

Do I need to buy Digital Deluxe+Premium to get it or Digital+Premium is ok too?

China Rising is included in Premium. You might get a couple of extra battlepacks (= ingame surprise bag that could contain scopes, skins or temporary xp boosts) when you purchase the Digital Deluxe version, but that's not worth the price imo. You also get some with Premium and you can unlock them through ingame progress. Go with premium and the regular version.

Atruvius

Man, this game's price on Origin is just bullshit, 59.90€ and that doesn't even get you the China Rising Expansion pack. Online stores are selling the physical limited edition for ~45€.

Just ugh.

Would like to a give a big FUCK YOU to DICE for still using this piece of shit fucking punkbuster. I haven't been able to play all day despite making sure everything is fucking flawless with my punkbuster. uninstalled, reinstalled, updated and the piece of shit still doesn't work.

I get booted from every game I join after 5 minutes. It's infuriating.

Shady859

Hit level 6 on 360 tonight and having alot of fun. I like how hey really RPGed up the soldier progressions BUT it sucks at the same time as i'm leaving 360 and going to PS4 on launch day. Starting over... :(

Oh yes and 360 version looks a lot better than beta but still crappy compared to the rest.

mitchman

Gold Member
Played for a bit last night. Campaign is holding my interest especially with online for the most part having issues for me. I will be finishing the campaign this time since they put unlockables for MP in it.

When I can play online with no rubber banding I am having a blast. Feels just a little different than BF3 but I am loving it. Not sure if I really like the custom camo on peoples vehicles since I am seeing lime green tanks driving around. Kinda breaks the immersion but could be cool to easily spot a buddy flying.

Played a lot yesterday at night, lots of bugs, good performance, might jump to Win8.1 to get even moar !

Pros :

Really good maps (the flood map, the giant SETI antenna map)
Amazing fire fight
The vehicles mechanics are solid now, no more trigger happy spamming.
Hitbox seems solid, no moar ghost enemies
Some really nice effects in some maps
The textures without FXAA are superb
The sound, the neighborhood thinsk thats a really war going on :drool:
Battlelog is rockstable, no more issues for me
VoIP + Commander really adds to the game
I love 5 member squads
THEY FIXED THE GODDAMN PUNKBUSTER MULTILINK (loadbalancing) ISSUE :D

Cons :

Some massive bugs in some maps, like the sound bug in the chinese dam/lake scenario.
Some servers really cant handle the maps, specially after the levollution big "happenings" start to ... happen

So far, worth the 47$, will to be buying premium thought, pehaps when its 29 $

Shady859

Played for a bit last night. Campaign is holding my interest especially with online for the most part having issues for me. I will be finishing the campaign this time since they put unlockables for MP in it.

When I can play online with no rubber banding I am having a blast. Feels just a little different than BF3 but I am loving it. Not sure if I really like the custom camo on peoples vehicles since I am seeing lime green tanks driving around. Kinda breaks the immersion but could be cool to easily spot a buddy flying.

Lime green tanks..... Lol I saw some guy rocking a bright purple camo today on my team, he popped when he was near.

Playing on console so take it fwiw but feels like they upped the auto aim pull to near CoD terms.

Really loving the atmosphere and especially the sounds with my new PS3 headphones. It is simply amazing the sense of feeling each bullet. A huge upgrade from BF3. Now two weeks left till next gen....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom