• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm bored waiting for the game to be released in my country. Trying to create som sweet emblems meanwhile. Anyone recognize this fella? I can't get all the details right because I don't have enough layers, but I think you can tell what game he is from at least. :)

I saw a pretty good circular Chespin from Pokemon one round yesterday.

Some of the things people have made in that is pretty amazing.

Tekku

I saw a pretty good circular Chespin from Pokemon one round yesterday.

Some of the things people have made in that is pretty amazing.

Yeah you can be pretty creative, even though it's rather limited. I'm hoping to unlock some new shapes. I find it rather lacking that there's no letters or proper U shapes. You have to get around everything by creating unnecessary layers. I also miss the "undo" option. But I guess it will probably be updated in the future.

I sure am looking forward to the "levolution" equivalents in Star Wars: Battlefront 3. Let's knock a star destroyer from orbit to the ground, please.

Just think of the Hoth level, man. AT-AT gets nuked, crashes to ground and explodes into millions of pieces throwing up shrapnel and snow alike.

DICE pls!

Edit: Fuck - Star Wars soundtrack/efffects + the masters of audio at work. BY THE GODS!

Overdoziz

Banned
Recreated my Halo emblem. :)

CtOtNtY.png

Spl1nter

PC version why does most servers say there are open spots then go to join and says full. Also no queue system?

My guess is they turned off queue system as it adds server load. They did it once or twice as well in BF3.

From an aspect of being able to play its been an impressive launch for DICE. No down time what so ever. However, they need to get a patch out for server stability and the ctd issues. Someone on reddit says borderless fullscreen reduces crashes but others dont.

For anyone asking about framerate, BF4 is better optimized than BF3. I am getting higher fps on better settings.

Spookie

This instant respawn vehicle mode is ATROCIOUS. You know that dickhead with all the unlocks for his tank you just spent 5 minutes knocking out? HE'S ALREADY BACK MOTHERFUCKER. :/

ruxtpin

Banned
This instant respawn vehicle mode is ATROCIOUS. You know that dickhead with all the unlocks for his tank you just spent 5 minutes knocking out? HE'S ALREADY BACK MOTHERFUCKER. :/

meh. Am I alone in thinking the vehicles need to be nerfed at all? At least when they're fully upgraded? I unloaded an entire round of shells from a mobile AA in to a scout chopper. Wasn't even smoking when I got finished (I suspect someone may have been repairing, but still). Thought it was a bit unbalanced imo.

Does DICE have official servers? I hope they keep those for awhile before all the custom ones fuck shit up.

Really liking the multiplayer levels so far, much better than BF3. But, fuck all this crashing. Hope they get some patches out quickly.

Im stoked to hear this....BF3 was the worst Battlefield IMO for several reasons but the biggest one would probably be due to the level design....too many chokepoints.

Crisco

Banned
I haven't had a single crash, although some matches have been borderline unplayable due to server lag. Lots of rubber banding. Has anyone gotten their pre-order Battlepack yet? My Amazon pre-order was supposed to come with a Gold Battlepack I think.

I haven't had a single crash, although some matches have been borderline unplayable due to server lag. Lots of rubber banding. Has anyone gotten their pre-order Battlepack yet? My Amazon pre-order was supposed to come with a Gold Battlepack I think.

Yea I got the gold pack you get with the Amazon pre-order. They send you a code in your email which you have to redeem on a website. I assume you've done that?

Spl1nter

Does DICE have official servers? I hope they keep those for awhile before all the custom ones fuck shit up.

It is a lot easier to now know if a server has DICE official settings. Also to be a quickmatch server you need DIEC official settings so there should be more of them available.

Also how can I change my camos and classes? I literally can't find it in the menu...Don't tell me I can only do that in game

In battlelog, Solider > Loadout

When connected to a server but viewing battlelog you can also change loadout or view battlescreen easily, both have buttons on the bottom blue bar.

Played for 5 hours last night and really enjoyed it. Only issues I had was in Shanghai, my game crashed at least 4 times. Only had one other crash besides that. Not sure why that happened, the beta worked fine for me for the most part after the first patch or two. Hopefully it gets resolved :)

jred2k

I have to say I really am impressed with how many improvements made their way in to this. I thought BF3 was a good game, but all of its annoyances really added up to make the experience largely frustrating.

The maps in BF4 feel so much better. They don't feel like the revolve around choke points and you actually have some options with how to tackle a situation. The guns and UI are so much more enjoyable to use too. DICE has really managed to pack a lot in to the game and have it organized well. I don't think I've encountered anything yet that had me wishing they had left something the way it was in BF3. Hopefully the game can continue to be fun as the player base progresses to learn the maps and unlock weapons. I always find the first two weeks of games with progressive level systems play out way differently than any time after that.

RS4-

meh. Am I alone in thinking the vehicles need to be nerfed at all? At least when they're fully upgraded? I unloaded an entire round of shells from a mobile AA in to a scout chopper. Wasn't even smoking when I got finished (I suspect someone may have been repairing, but still). Thought it was a bit unbalanced imo.

Nothing is more annoying than some scrub that sits in a tank all game that isn't taken out despite your squads efforts. About to plant that c4? Nope, the gunner or someone else sees you. Got your engie there? Nope, RPGs, etc don't do enough damage.

And not a fan of c4 bouncing off vehicles.

Sethos

Banned
Reloading in a multiplayer match causes an enemy to appear nearby to shoot you while you're defenseless. I've reported this as a bug in every BF game in history...

I have this bug in every shooter ever where I can be sitting still covering a corner or a corridor, even if I look at this spot for 5 seconds or 5 hours, the SECOND I look the other way someone will appear from the spot I just looked at.

Crisco

Banned
It comes from Amazon, almost instantly after you place the order. Check your spam folder or something?

Nah, never came. I did get an email informing me of a $5 promo credit, but that's about it. Thanks for the info though, I'll shoot them an email and get it sorted.

AzerPhire

If you get timed out from a server mid-match do you lose all your stats?

This happened to me yesterday and Battelog does not show a battle report for that match nor do my stats reflect what I had.

If you get timed out from a server mid-match do you lose all your stats?

This happened to me yesterday and Battelog does not show a battle report for that match nor do my stats reflect what I had.

In BF3, unless the server crashed, you kept your stats. The server may have crashed.

Remmy2112

What determines the amount and length of spawn protection in this game? I have had enemies spawn in front of me that absorb almost a full carbine clip and only take 25-50% damage yet often times when I spawn I get insta-ganked.

Edit: Also are, uh, random cruise missiles something that happens in Golmund Railway? I was playing domination and was cricling the map. I found a enemy sniper on one of the rocks on the outskirts and right as I took aim at him something hit him causing a MASSIVE explosion that kicked up a smoke cloud that lasted a good 20-30 seconds.

Crisco

Banned
So I never played the BF3 campaign, but is it really worse than BF4s campaign? How is that even possible? Granted, I've only played the first two missions, but my god, Shanghai was god awful and makes me want to not even waste my time with it anymore. I don't blame reviewers docking points for that mess, DICE should be embarrased to have shipped something that poorly made.

Are there any other details on the vehicle disable system? A while back they said it was more advanced than BF3 but I haven't heard much else about it.

Edit: Also are, uh, random cruise missiles something that happens in Golmund Railway? I was playing domination and was cricling the map. I found a enemy sniper on one of the rocks on the outskirts and right as I took aim at him something hit him causing a MASSIVE explosion that kicked up a smoke cloud that lasted a good 20-30 seconds.

Golmud is littered with roadside IEDs. Look for bundles of missiles. You can use a detonation box attached to them or explosives to set them off.

Overdoziz

Banned
What determines the amount and length of spawn protection in this game? I have had enemies spawn in front of me that absorb almost a full carbine clip and only take 25-50% damage yet often times when I spawn I get insta-ganked.
Spawn protection last a couple of seconds, but if a player moves or shoots it goes away immediately.

1upmuffin

So I never played the BF3 campaign, but is it really worse than BF4s campaign? How is that even possible? Granted, I've only played the first two missions, but my god, Shanghai was god awful and makes me want to not even waste my time with it anymore. I don't blame reviewers docking points for that mess, DICE should be embarrased to have shipped something that poorly made.

I didn't play 4 yet but I tried 2 or 3 missions in 3, realized it was awful and never touched it again. I recommend doing that, just play MP.

HelloMeow

Bf4's campaign isn't anything special, but it's not bad. It's just a linear (graphically impressive) shooter.

Fistwell

Trying to get the game through origin... first off, store is in german, although I specified english as my language, and I dont really read german... then it's asking me... to input some ID code from my german, austrian, or swiss state ID? I do live in CH but I'm goddamn french, aint got none of those IDs... it's apparently to check my age, need to be over 18... gonna turn 36 in a few days... nevermind that I have other 18-or-over rated games installed... it's also saying in small writings at the bottom "DONT WORRY WE'LL NEVER SHARE YOUR SECRET ID CODE WITH NOONE LOL PWOBLEM? *TROLLFACE* ROFLOCOPTER" which is irking me a little...

Fuck them. I'll buy the premium edition for half the price 6 months from now. Or better yet? I'll play other shoot-peephole-the-face games. Your fucking loss you inane giant megapublisher with inadequate retarted steam-wannabe POS store.

scogoth

Two things I've never understood about battlefield:

1) Why they even waste resources on making a campaign
2) Why people even play and then complain about the campaign

It's like people who buy track cars and then complain about how stiff the suspension is driving in the city. Sure it CAN drive it through a city but the car was designed for the track, just like battlefield was designed for MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom