• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Two things I've never understood about battlefield:

1) Why they even waste resources on making a campaign
2) Why people even play and then complain about the campaign

It's like people who buy track cars and then complain about how stiff the suspension is driving in the city. Sure it CAN drive it through a city but the car was designed for the track, just like battlefield was designed for MP.
1) Cuz some folks play SP, you cant compete against COD without a SP campaign.
2) Dunno, specially the "LOL SP CAMPAIGN!!! BF IS ALL ABOUT MP" crowd

Salsa

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Salsa_uy' (for 0 minutes) ... This PB Server Requires (A1390 C2.332) - Error loading pbag

keeps happening :/

Cyprus

Banned
Spent just over 21 hours in Multiplayer so far. Top score/skill/kdr/score per minute /accuracy/total kills/win loss ratio for my city. Then again, I have played 7 time more than the 2nd guy on the list. I cant really name any huge gripes I have with the gameplay so far. The only things that are noticeable are sound glitches. My favorite gun so far is the SAR-21, with an IRNV scope, I've spent 2hr12mins with it, and have a 1.15 KPM and 17.66% accuracy(over accuracy of 9.61, never has been my strong point)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
anyone having any issues with the com center not letting voice chat work?

Seems I dont even have the option and it was there on the other night?

Bookoo

ugh twice the server i was playing on went down and some how i lost my progress

Twice...oh boy are you in for a treat. It took me like 2 hours to get from rank 9-10 because either server crashes or I got the "BF4 stopped working" error. I would complete like 1 in 5 games. It was fine most of the day, but started to get worst around 11pm est.

Hopefully they patch it soon. Also to let others know, RealTek audio updated their drivers..haven't tried them yet, but maybe that could fix something.

vixlar

It's like people who buy track cars and then complain about how stiff the suspension is driving in the city. Sure it CAN drive it through a city but the car was designed for the track, just like battlefield was designed for MP.

1) That's a mistery that will prevail on centuries ahead
2) In this game you must play SP to unlock certain weapons on MP.

NIN90

Has anyone got BF4 to recognize Mouse button 4 and 5? I'm using a Steel Series Sensei and those button maps aren't working...

I'm using the same mouse and it works for me. Keep in mind that there is a separate column for mouse bindings in the control menu.

Nori Chan

It is a lot easier to now know if a server has DICE official settings. Also to be a quickmatch server you need DIEC official settings so there should be more of them available.

In battlelog, Solider > Loadout

When connected to a server but viewing battlelog you can also change loadout or view battlescreen easily, both have buttons on the bottom blue bar.

Oh...For console?

Grief.exe

Has anyone figured out how to adjust the opacity of HUD elements? I don't mean the map or ammo count, that can be adjusted via menus. I am referring to revive, objective, and vehicle icons on your screen.

They can just be too cluttered and make it far more difficult to see enemies in certain situations.

Since yesterday, my game has frozen 6 times. Most recent was a game where I was 14 and 0 in the attack chopper :(

Try this

Reinstalling punkbuster and directx could be another fix as well. Apparently Origin isn't great about installing these the first time.

Battlefield 4 Crashes or Freezes during Gameplay

During multiplayer or online gameplay of Battlefield 4, the random crashes and freezes are very common problems. Apply below solutions to fix the issue.

For Windows 7 or Vista Users:

Open command prompt by run as administrator
Type bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500 and press enter
Now restart your machine

Reloading in a multiplayer match causes an enemy to appear nearby to shoot you while you're defenseless. I've reported this as a bug in every BF game in history...

Surely choosing better times and places to reload is better advice.

I do love the staggered reload system in BF4 now though, such a vital addition to any FPS game really

tsigo

Wow, Test Range is exactly what this series has been desperately needing. Spawns all the vehicles instantly so you can learn to use them, gives you enemy stuff to shoot at, and it's private.

So I never played the BF3 campaign, but is it really worse than BF4s campaign? How is that even possible? Granted, I've only played the first two missions, but my god, Shanghai was god awful and makes me want to not even waste my time with it anymore. I don't blame reviewers docking points for that mess, DICE should be embarrased to have shipped something that poorly made.

3's campaign was about on par as 4, both were pretty bad. 4 just is nicer looking and has some cooler presentation with certain set pieces.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone got BF4 to recognize Mouse button 4 and 5? I'm using a Steel Series Sensei and those button maps aren't working...
That's strange. I have the same mouse and it worked fine in the beta. Can't comment on the retail version though, as it hasn't unlocked here yet.

Ocho

I wonder if the memory leak of the Battlelog that is supposed to be fixed today will fix my constant crashes...

1) They are competing with COD more directly.

2) I want a bigger toy than the neighboor kid but my new toy sucks.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
This game is fucking insane!

These urban maps are crazier than anything ive seen in BF. Holy shit, it really brings home how scary urban warfare is. How the hell are console players going to deal with how vertical these maps are. I always had trouble with vertical levels on console fps games.

Battlelog update:

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- Added game manuals for various languages and platforms
- We now show your custom emblem on the Soldier page in the mobile app
- You can now choose to use the system language in the Battlelog tablet app
- Made the "Set Active Kit" button in Loadout bigger and more touch-friendly
- Implemented a new look and behavior for all popups, so they look better
- Implemented custom style for checkboxes and radio buttons
- Names for awards and unlocks are now displayed directly in Battle Reports
- Made the emblem bigger on Home and Profile pages
- "Misc" is now showed as the last, not first, category for Dog Tags
- We now show the criteria for unlocking the SP Assignments
- Various improvements for the PC in-game Battlelog
- Added a profanity filter when saving clan tags
- Polish when showing Battlepacks items, so they are more aligned, and also made the boost image bigger
- You can now click on feed event for completed SP levels to see the stats and progression for that user

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue that caused a memory leak
- Play Now for Squad Deathmatch and Domination now works as intended
- Fixed an issue where the Missions tab in the PC in-game Battlelog didn't load correctly
- Fixed an issue where the New User Experience would show several times for console soldiers
- Fixed an issue for Battle Reports, where the selected soldier wasn't marked in the scoreboard
- Show tag before name on the Dog Tags, so it is displayed as we do it in-game
- We now should the right cursor, when hovering your soldier portrait in Settings
- Fixed some flickering on iOS6 and iOS5 for the tablet app
- Report button is now shown for users, comments, forum posts etc. in the tablet app
- Removed some Server Browser filter options that weren't actually supported, and fixed other filters that didn't work as intended
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't click the notification icons in the header with BattleScreen open on tablet
- Fixed an issue where the share popup for Battle Reports was cut-off on Android tablets
- Fixed an issue where the Battle Reports overview page wouldn't show correctly if you didn't have any favorite Battle Reports
- Fixed an issue where navigating away from and back to BattleScreen would break the map
- Fixed an issue where deeplinking for dog tags and weapons from Battlepacks didn't always work
- Fixed an issue where completed SP levels would sometimes show multiple times in the feed
- Fixed it so the Punkbuster Needed popup links to the correct Punkbuster page
- Fixed an issue in Loadout, where the info button couldn't be clicked in IE9
- Fixed an issue where not all stats populated in the in-game Battlelog Soldier tab
- Fixed an issue where the New Player flow would show several times for console soldiers
- Removed the Cancel button for finished Missions
- Various fixes for opening Battlepacks on Battlelog
- Various fixes for the Unified Game Manager
- Various fixes for the popup dialogues
- Various fixes for the PC in-game Battlelog
- Many other small fixes and issues addressed

Not a whole lot, but some good stuff.

Surely choosing better times and places to reload is better advice.

I do love the staggered reload system in BF4 now though, such a vital addition to any FPS game really

My post was made in jest xD

Yeah, picking your reload times carefully is essential. But reloading is also something I do without thinking sometimes and I will instantly regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom