• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttocs

The SP was fantastic. I really loved it.

The ending was really sad, though. I could not decide between Hannah or Irish, so the whole Valkyrie blowed up, including Pac :(

Really? I've been hearing nothing but negative or "meh" at most. Glad to see someone liked it though. I haven't played it yet.

How long did it take you to play through? Still desperately want to sell myself on this game haha, but I'd be in it almost entirely for SP

This is not a game you buy for just the single player. Don't waste your money, seriously. If you think you might try out the multiplayer, then by all means go for it. The single player is really just there to pad out the experience. It's in no way the main attraction.

Really? I've been hearing nothing but negative or "meh" at most. Glad to see someone liked it though. I haven't played it yet.

This is not a game you buy for just the single player. Don't waste your money, seriously. If you think you might try out the multiplayer, then by all means go for it. The single player is really just there to pad out the experience. It's in no way the main attraction.

If all you want to play is the SP campaign, then youtube it. No point spending money on a 3-hour playthrough.

Ah I know you guys areright, I know I'd be unsatisfied with the money I sent. I don't really have any friend to pc game with is the thing, so I doubt it'd be much fun playing the multi. That said, it would be a good opportunity to finally knuckle down and get my ehad around mouse and keyboard.

unTamed

Neo Member
If all you want to play is the SP campaign, then youtube it. No point spending money on a 3-hour playthrough.

Uhm, its waaay longer than 3-hour. And I would suggest playing it yourself. You will see why when you come to the end of the story, I wont say anymore.

I guess I used 5-7 hours.

unTamed

Neo Member
Ah I know you guys areright, I know I'd be unsatisfied with the money I sent. I don't really have any friend to pc game with is the thing, so I doubt it'd be much fun playing the multi. That said, it would be a good opportunity to finally knuckle down and get my ehad around mouse and keyboard.

Well, the MP is really, really great. But at least I liked the SP alot too. Some people does not think it was good, but I really enjoyed it, and the story. And especially the bond between the characters. But thats me, not sure if you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Uhm, its waaay longer than 3-hour. And I would suggest playing it yourself. You will see why when you come to the end of the story, I wont say anymore.

I guess I used 5-7 hours.

Fair enough. But we all know that there's no point to pay full-price just for the SP campaign of this specific game.

Grief.exe

How long did it take you to play through? Still desperately want to sell myself on this game haha, but I'd be in it almost entirely for SP

If you want to play a great, linear single player campaign then check out the Metro Series, Shadow Warrior, Hard Reset, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, or any other great FPS franchises.

No reason to pick up Call of Duty or Battlefield games just for the singleplayer. Seems like such a waste when there are, objectively, much better experiences to be had.

Timu

a0f6524d_10-30-20133-00-19PM.png

This game took up nearly all my VRAM of 4096 MB on Ultra at 1440p with resolution scale to 200%.

ttocs

None of my friends play the multiplayer but I still have a blast playing it. Just hop into a game, get in a squad and have fun. That's really all there is to it.

If you want to play a great, linear single player campaign then check out the Metro Series, Shadow Warrior, Hard Reset, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, or any other great FPS franchises.

No reason to pick up Call of Duty or Battlefield games just for the singleplayer. Seems like such a waste when there are, objectively, much better experiences to be had.

Haha well man, as I post plenty in the steam thread, I love those games! Especially Hard Reset and Metro. I like military/spec ops fiction though too, so I'd love if these guys really filled out the campaigns with a good 12 hours campaign, so it wasn't such a conundrum every time one comes out, and especially battlefield since the visuals are always so amazing. Perfect world would be if they even sold the SP separately. Metro, Stalker, Hard Reset, they all scratch an itch, but not what these games could within the genre they fall inside.

This is now totally off topic though, and I apologise for people who want to discuss the actual game haha, I'm not slating BF at all, and know that the focus is really the multi. It's on me that I want it for the SP haha.

And thanks for the other feedback guys, maybe I should try get into the multi. Like I said, I'm still clinging to gamepad since I got my PC in August, I need a really compelling game that is (effectively) Kb+M only to get me over that, so I can handle both.

Stantron

I've got the game for PC but I'm also considering picking it up for X1 to play with friends.
Can my stats (rank progress) or premium service be shared between PC and X1 if it's tied to my same origin account?
I assume no for both, but figured I'd ask.

Bombless

I've got the game for PC but I'm also considering picking it up for X1 to play with friends.
Can my stats (rank progress) or premium service be shared between PC and X1 if it's tied to my same origin account?
I assume no for both, but figured I'd ask.

No. Only from 360 to Xbone.

For those who have played single player, do you unlock the guns and toys just by finishing the game or do you have to fulfill some bullshit assignment?

Xone9

Banned
im getting pissed on 360... so many accurate shooters...
is their a gamepad out there that people are using for more accuracy?

AmyS

Is there Nvidia 3D Vision support for BF3 ? I've read conflicting posts all over the place, anywhere from that there is, to performance drops really badly without some careful fixes and adjustments to settings and all the way to no support at all because Frostbite 2 itself doesn't support it. I've also read that there will be no 3D Vision support for BF4 / FB3 whatsoever.

I figured if there was any place that I could find an answer, it would be NeoGAF.

vixlar

For those who have played single player, do you unlock the guns and toys just by finishing the game or do you have to fulfill some bullshit assignment?

It seems is just finishing the missions. I finished the first mission on gold, and I got the rex, but in the battlelog it only says "finish the mission".

And it seems you get a weapon on the final mission depending on a choice. Probably you can replay that mission to get the other weapons.

What I'm really not sure is about dogtags. Maybe is knifing enemies, but I'm not sure if certain enemies or anyone.

BTW, it seems now you can't chose cammo on the battlelog loadout. Paint on weapons and vehicles is still available.

As an unlock whore the SP mode for weapons got me. Who doesn't want to use a shank to knife in MP?

I found the SP to be surprisingly good. Short but sweet. Some stuff didn't make any sense but.. still worthwhile.

It seems is just finishing the missions. I finished the first mission on gold, and I got the rex, but in the battlelog it only says "finish the mission".

And it seems you get a weapon on the final mission depending on a choice. Probably you can replay that mission to get the other weapons.

What I'm really not sure is about dogtags. Maybe is knifing enemies, but I'm not sure if certain enemies or anyone.

BTW, it seems now you can't chose cammo on the battlelog loadout. Paint on weapons and vehicles is still available.

Nice, thanks!

äqualibrium

Neo Member
Purchased for $48 from GMG, and I'm quite enjoying the game. However I dislike the new ground vehicle physics. In BF3 I loved the way the tanks felt, now they just drive like mario kart.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tough to do in a game of Rush with his whole team protecting him and limited flank opportunities.

Counter Mortar, which will be impossible right now with low-levels and unlocks.

Or snipe him. Or ignore him and stay in some cover spot while watching the crates. Should be possible outside of like... Flood Zone's first set that's completely open-air.

That doesn't look too awful for 8-9 year old consoles, but it isn't on the level of DAT GRAFIX *bites lip* on PC. :(

Also: :lol at you hitting select randomly trying to spot and it bringing up Battlelog.

HariKari

Game is completely unplayable at the moment because of crashes. I should've never closed my client and accepted that 700mb patch. I don't get how such a big patch is optional. Whatever they changed, it made the game super unstable. Crashes even in SP, at random moments.

Not heat or overclock related in any way. It's something with DirectX and their game.

So disappointing. I expected some hurdles but not for the game to be literally unplayable :(

sflufan

Banned
Game is completely unplayable at the moment because of crashes. I should've never closed my client and accepted that 700mb patch. I don't get how such a big patch is optional. Whatever they changed, it made the game super unstable. Crashes even in SP, at random moments.

Not heat or overclock related in any way. It's something with DirectX and their game.

So disappointing. I expected some hurdles but not for the game to be literally unplayable :(

I'd suggest you repair your installation via Origin.

I can't believe DICE left out a squad/party system on PS3 and 360, it's laughable at best, especially considering the importance of teamwork and playing with friends. I hope this is addressed in the PS4 / Xbone versions at launch, otherwise it's going to be a total shit storm.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does DICE have official servers? I hope they keep those for awhile before all the custom ones fuck shit up.

Not in the PC version. Matchmaking will throw you in the first available/low-ping server anyway and the server filter is broke beyond repair right now. Defaults give you full games or near full. Set your map preferences or mode preferences and you get 0/32-64 player servers all up in your ass.

My filter for 1-5 free slots doesn't even bring those 63/64 player servers up that the default wants.

So I've gone (reluctantly) to matchmaking to get into rounds quickly. Demize99keikaku.jpg?

So far I'm really enjoying this, and loving most of the maps, but two big issues:

- Frequent crashes... what the heck?
- Audio bugs... not having consistent sound for an entire match is a serious bummer.

avcables

Banned
Nope, not at all. I forgot to set it to 4GB in MSI Afterburner when I installed the latest version since I have 4GB cards.

What cards? And what was the performance like? I want to see whether or not I should bump sampling with my card at 1080p.

SHarris78

Is it right that i've been charged roughly £11.00 in total by Origin for BF4 and Premium?

I ordered them months ago and according to my account i've paid for them, but i've only paid the aforementioned £11.00.

Insaniac

can someone answer me this: Did they get rid of Maps on the HUD by default for Hardcore servers? I hope not, I liked having the maps because it made spotting useful in hardcore mode. not to mention it'd make things like motion sensors useless right?

Timu

What cards? And what was the performance like? I want to see whether or not I should bump sampling with my card at 1080p.
EVGA SC 4GB GTX 670s, and performance is shit as it's 18-25FPS and dips into single digits.

With yours you should bump sampling a bit but avoid 200%, lol, try up to 150%.

Grief.exe

I really want to find a way to reduce the opacity of the various hud elements. IE the revive icons, objectives, and names above units.

It gets to the point where I can't see enemies to shoot them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom