• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having problems with RivaTunerStatistics not working? Nothing I have tried seems to enable it. I hate using fraps, I need to see GPU usage and what not.

isual

Lower than low I think.

ehhh. I'm thinking of cancelling my ps4 because there really isn't anything I want until the big exclusives come out.

I'll probably just pick up the ps3 version and keep playing.'

what's the ps4 equivalent then ? medium ??

Dr Prob

Banned
Different game, same shit randoms.

bf44scbx.gif

Got that far off island LOCKED DOWN!

Not a lot of experience here, but is there an answer to the mortar? Played a game of Rush last night and some guy on the other team went 95-0 sitting back throwing mortar shells all day. Was my entire team just clueless, or is there a legit way to counter him? He killed us big time.

Ultryx

I feel like I'm getting killed so much more by snipers and vehicles, since the beta. Is it just me playing retarded?

Also did tanks get a serious buff?

Not a lot of experience here, but is there an answer to the mortar? Played a game of Rush last night and some guy on the other team went 95-0 sitting back throwing mortar shells all day. Was my entire team just clueless, or is there a legit way to counter him? He killed us big time.

Flank him? His vision should be narrowed somewhat, use that to your advantage.

Is anyone still getting non stop crashes or the red screen of death? Got that so much last night it was infuriating. Hoping fixes were made. Loved what I've played so far tho. Really like the maps.

IMACOMPUTA

PC here.
Game crashes 50% of the time. (actual percentage based on my battlelog stats for "quitting".)

Lately its been crashing between maps, so i guess that's better.

When it crashes, the battlelog firefox plugin is crashing too.

WTF?

Seanspeed

Banned
so is the ps3 version the equivalent of low on pc ??
Low + 720p resolution plus 24 players and 30fps max in multiplayer.

With modern PC's its simply worlds apart. Still fun if that's all you got and have no plans for next-gen or anything, but you're definitely not getting the full treatment.

Ocho

PC here.
Game crashes 50% of the time. (actual percentage based on my battlelog stats for "quitting".)

WTF?

There's a memory leak in Battlelog that should be getting fixed today (or already fixed?). I'm hoping that is the reason of why my game crashes 100% of games.

Jinjo

So os this releasing tonight at midnight in the EU or tomorrow? PSN says november 1st as release, but battlefield/ea site says october 31st. Already preloaded this and it's ready to go on mah PS3, to tide me over 'till next gen.

isual

Low + 720p resolution plus 24 players and 30fps max in multiplayer.

With modern PC's its simply worlds apart. Still fun if that's all you got and have no plans for next-gen or anything, but you're definitely not getting the full treatment.

gagagaagaga.

hmmm. to just buy a ps3 and not get ps4.

or just wait for the ps4.

hmgnnghh

saelz8

I'm getting a 677MB Update.

Is this new, or is it from yesterday and I'm just getting it now?

Nvmind. It's on the previous page.

PC here.

WTF?

Yea that's exactly where it crashes for me, when it changes maps I get that fuckin red screen ugh! It would also crash on the middle of games too. Glad it's not just me

ttocs

so is the ps3 version the equivalent of low on pc ??

I tried to PS3 version and the graphics were very...meh. But that's to be expected. You aren't buying the PS3 version for the graphics. You're buying it for the couch play or the eventual upgrade to the PS4 for 10 bucks more. If you want graphics and bigger battles - the PC is the only real option.

So os this releasing tonight at midnight in the EU or tomorrow? PSN says november 1st as release, but battlefield/ea site says october 31st. Already preloaded this and it's ready to go on mah PS3, to tide me over 'till next gen.

Go to your PS3 and browse to your installed BF4, then press triangle and choose information.
It should say "begins 31-10-2013 00.01"

So in about 5 hours.

Yaska

Just a heads-up (sorry if posted) but GMG Premium keys are rolling out. Just redeemed mine. If it was posted, damn you GAF, I got beaten again.

Is the mortar balanced or op? I'm looking forward to using it when I get the game on the ps4. Also is it unlocked from the start? Thx

My post was made in jest xD

Yeah, picking your reload times carefully is essential. But reloading is also something I do without thinking sometimes and I will instantly regret it.

I'm well aware it was :p

Also there's a 600MB update? great more to download on my shitty internet lol

EDIT: what Nvidia drivers do people recommend? Everyone running the latest?

ChrisG683

I had previously overclocked my videocard to a stable level, but I've been wanting to push it further to the edge lately with BF4.

However, I'm having hard time doing that since my game seems to be crashing somewhat frequently, and I can't differentiate between video driver crashes and regular game bugs.

I've seen a few people here and there saying they are crashing... is this a pretty widespread thing, or is the game mostly stable?

Facism

i would have thought that DICE would get over the whole "64players on maps meant for 32" disease they had with bf3. We're going into a new generation, ps3/360 isn't an excuse anymore.

Man they mistreated CQ.

Very stupid question.

Does anyone have a link to the instruction manual? I cant find it online... I am at work so I cant see if its on my Xbox 360 disk.

meshwork

Anyone played around with the MP-412 REX yet? It seems to have a noticeable delay when firing which I don't think existed in BF3. It sort of makes sense with the gun being a revolver and everything, but it still feels a bit too much. Hopefully it's a bug or DICE change the way it works, because I think it's pretty much useless in multiplayer right now. My favourite handgun as well, gutted :/

vixlar

The new SP interface on Battlelog is really cool.

Someone knows where can I obtain the dogtags in SP?

Where can I see the manuals on Battlelog?

Oh, and it seems more knifes are coming to premium members :-o

unTamed

Neo Member
The SP was fantastic. I really loved it.

The ending was really sad, though. I could not decide between Hannah or Irish, so the whole Valkyrie blowed up, including Pac :(

The SP was fantastic. I really loved it.

The ending was really sad, though. I could not decide between Hannah or Irish, so the whole Valkyrie blowed up, including Pac :(

How long did it take you to play through? Still desperately want to sell myself on this game haha, but I'd be in it almost entirely for SP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom