• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro

I can't believe DICE left out a squad/party system on PS3 and 360, it's laughable at best, especially considering the importance of teamwork and playing with friends. I hope this is addressed in the PS4 / Xbone versions at launch, otherwise it's going to be a total shit storm.

how is this possible?

RS4-

can someone answer me this: Did they get rid of Maps on the HUD by default for Hardcore servers? I hope not, I liked having the maps because it made spotting useful in hardcore mode. not to mention it'd make things like motion sensors useless right?

I think the map is off or it was a server thing. If it makes you feel better, sensor balls are useless until you get the other sensor unlock or commander has uav.

Dennis

Banned
For those who missed it the first time around

untitled_306_by_dennisk4-d6safm6.gif

RaptorGTA

So far I'm really enjoying this, and loving most of the maps, but two big issues:

- Frequent crashes... what the heck?
- Audio bugs... not having consistent sound for an entire match is a serious bummer.

Yea, this has been a big issue for me. Mainly the Direct X error...seems to happen a lot when being the commander. The audio issue seems to be more map based for me.

I can't believe DICE left out a squad/party system on PS3 and 360, it's laughable at best, especially considering the importance of teamwork and playing with friends. I hope this is addressed in the PS4 / Xbone versions at launch, otherwise it's going to be a total shit storm.

I have a theory...Because I thought of this as well...I dont know why they wouldn't include something they have always included and something that really is expected in most games....but my theory is that since they had such problems getting it to work that they just scrapped it. Lets face it...it would take a patch or two before you and your friend could be placed in the same game..let along the same team. So they said screw it and removed it all together. Me and friend tried playing BF on xbox and gave up since we couldnt get in the same game..also the server browser doest work right..didnt work right in the beta...You cant search for servers with a certain number of slots open..

vilmer_

Do you keep your stats a server disconnection happens? I just got booted out of a game where I was killin' em.

Every time I have disconnected from a game or crashed I have lost all stats no matter what. I've been keeping close track for a couple of days now, it really sucks :/

If the server crashes completely, then stats are lost.
If it is only you crashing, then the stats will be uploaded to battlelog when the match is over.

Every time I have disconnected from a game or crashed I have lost all stats no matter what. I've been keeping close track for a couple of days now, it really sucks :/

Man, that sucks!

Was having fun in Operation Locker =(

Such a great map

OrangeOak

sorry if this questions were answered already but to be fair I am so busy playing this game that I have no time to check this thread :p
So I have three questions.First is about goggles in campaign where you have to hold Q to look through them.They don't work,is it known issue?
Second is about key bindings,I can't bind gadget number 2 to mouse button.Everything along with gadget number 1 is working right but gadget number 2 is no go.
And why is it so hard for people to drop ammo boxes? :D

Sethos

Banned
Defuse is starting to royally piss me off. It constantly and very randomly changes you to spectate a teammate WHILE YOU ARE STILL ALIVE! Then back to you again, sometimes after 5 seconds, others after 15-20.

dFa70MN.gif

Woo-Fu

Banned
Can someone break down how the Field Upgrade (squad buff replacement) stuff works?

You pick a set and as you complete squad objectives you get points, when you get enough points you unlock the next perk for everybody in the squad. If the squad wipes you lose all progress.

A commander can also use his resource points to give squads upgrades now and then.

In other news I managed to play 3 rounds in a row without a client or server crash. I was almost thinking I'd reached utopia. Of course it crashed switching maps to the 4th round.

If the server crashes completely, then stats are lost.
If it is only you crashing, then the stats will be uploaded to battlelog when the match is over.

I don't think the round needs to be over. I just crashed midmatch, and Battlelog had already updated with my ribbons and xp without the match being over on the server. Pretty sure servers phone home with stats updates somewhat regularly throughout a match. That's been my experience in previous BF games too.

I'm loving the new maps, but I don't like the new gun mechanics at all. It seems like you don't really need to control your weapon as much as Bf4. It seems dumbed down.

Jinjo

Wait what? That is complete and absolute bullshit. I bought this game to play with friends and nothing else, and now you're telling me they removed the possibility? Their party-up system was always dodgy at best, but atleast you had the option. If I hadn't bought this digitally I would have returned it. The hell DICE?!

Grief.exe

I'm loving the new maps, but I don't like the new gun mechanics at all. It seems like you don't really need to control your weapon as much as Bf4. It seems dumbed down.

Try the Scar, that thing jumps.

My friend unlocked the heavy barrel and he said that the aiming gets much easier. Increases accuracy, while increasing recoil.

Sethos

Banned
What, that seems crazy broken. Only in this mode?

So far, yes. I think it's due to its "Down and out" nature and with a focus on spectator mode when dead, something in there. Hence why it's even more frustrating, imagine that happening while in a firefight and you don't respawn until the round is over.

Seriously, I just let this game preload, I went out at 65% and now when I get home (3 hours later) it's sitting at 83% - paused.

FUUUUCK and I would be able to play in 15 min, now I have to wait one more hour.

Anyone else with this problem?

Try the Scar, that thing jumps.

My friend unlocked the heavy barrel and he said that the aiming gets much easier. Increases accuracy, while increasing recoil.

What I'm saying is that the aiming/recoil management is already too easy. I mean, I can understand why they did it, but I though the gunplay in 3 was perfection.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Wait what? That is complete and absolute bullshit. I bought this game to play with friends and nothing else, and now you're telling me they removed the possibility? Their party-up system was always dodgy at best, but atleast you had the option. If I hadn't bought this digitally I would have returned it. The hell DICE?!

Why would you assume the post you're replying to tells the entire story? It doesn't.

Friends get dropped on the same team and same squad if possible when they join a server---by default---and if they can't be squadded/teamed up due to not enough open slots it regroups them on the next round.

Sure, you don't have a party system like bf3, but you don't need one. Have your squad leader pick a server and then dropzone the rest of the squad. bang, same server. be same squad and team too if at all possible. If it isn't possible it wouldn't have worked in bf3 either.

Why would you assume the post you're replying to tells the entire story? It doesn't.

Friends get dropped on the same team and same squad if possible when they join a server---by default---and if they can't be squadded/teamed up due to not enough open slots it regroups them on the next round.

Sure, you don't have a party system like bf3, but you don't need one. Have your squad leader pick a server and then dropzone the rest of the squad. bang, same server. be same squad and team too if at all possible. If it isn't possible it wouldn't have worked in bf3 either.

Still, some people would rather have the ability to get in a party pre-game and join a server all at once rather than each person joining separately and hoping they get in before it fills up.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, got matchmade into a server with me being the only player on an team versus 5 players on defense.

Yeah. No.

and then got Matchmade on a Team that doesn't know what the word DISARM, HIT TANK, DEFEND means.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Still, some people would rather have the ability to get in a party pre-game and join a server all at once rather than each person joining separately and hoping they get in before it fills up.

That worked so rarely in BF3 that my group stopped doing it. I mean sure, works great on an empty server. :p We just get in mumble/ts3 and somebody picks a server. Get on, get on same team, squad up. We don't have to do the team/squad stuff in bf4, it does it for us.

Grief.exe

What I'm saying is that the aiming/recoil management is already too easy. I mean, I can understand why they did it, but I though the gunplay in 3 was perfection.

The argument being, everyone just ended up using M16 anyways which was no recoil.

I actually have to tap fire the scar to be anywhere near accurate at range. I'm not disagreeing with you, but the starting guns are left intentionally easy.

avcables

Banned
EVGA SC 4GB GTX 670s, and performance is shit as it's 18-25FPS and dips into single digits.

With yours you should bump sampling a bit but avoid 200%, lol, try up to 150%.

Haha, makes sense. My 780 should be here soon, I'll give it a shot with that. Thanks for letting me know.

For anyone who has played commander, does it function the same as BF2, regarding your presence in the game? I.e. are you still a soldier on the field that needs to find someplace to hunker down while you stare at the commander map?

And by extension, will we see commanders who don't do any real commanding, and just use the position to drop themselves supplies while they snipe on a hillside somewhere?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why would you use the quick match feature?

Because the server browser is broken beyond repair right now.

I know DICE reads this, so: Fix this fucking shit pronto. CTD's can wait. I can't join servers if I can't FIND them myself and have to resort to Demize's "lazy" way of finding games. >:|

EnemaEms

Banned
The hard locks were non stop today. I got tired of them and played Dark Souls instead. Its such a great game, when you can play it. I hope the PS4 version doens't have these issues (yeah, right). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom