• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

Even Test Range commander mode isn't available until level 10? I can't even practice playing as a commander before I'm level 10? What kind of stupidity is this?

Edit: Apparently the Commander option in Test Range isn't even the option to practice as the commander? What kind of stupidity is this?

GodofWine

Is there a party system in BF4 on PC and PS4??

Just heard there was none on ps360, and this was a major experience breaker for BF3 ( there was a party system on ps3 but it sucked..dropped players, split party across teams).

If there was one on beta or pc currently, did it work???

Wookieomg

Okay guys, maybe you can help me out. This has happened to me twice now and it's really pissing me off. I was playing in a match, finished it and got a rank up. I went to go mess with my loadout in the Battlelog so I quit out of the game, only to find that Battlelog, even after refreshing the page, shows me NOT to have ranked up... Even though in my history, it shows that same match having been played. What is happening here??

Salsa

is anyone else BSODing on a regular basis?

not sure if the game just isnt stable or if something's overheating

I dont wanna tone down the OC maaaan

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
People will grill me for this but....

Does the PC version have some sort of aim assist for gamepad? (No KB/M for me, sorry :p)

HariKari

People will grill me for this but....

Does the PC version have some sort of aim assist for gamepad? (No KB/M for me, sorry :p)

No. Fuck no man. I do believe you'd get your ass beat for asking for something like that.

5626351_std.jpg

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
So its not my computer? I changed video setting to medium thinking it was my PC but I cant seem to even deploy when joining a server.
Sounds like what happened to me until I updated my video drivers.

Also, I can't figure out this 'v' button when sniping to shoot from greater range.

wrongway

Erf. Was messing around with the emblem editor, trying to duplicate the Hiigaran emblem since it's my avatar here. Was just figuring out the 'arms' when I accidentally clicked someone on my friend list while trying to deselect my current layer, which immediately took me away from the page with no prompt and saved nothing. yey ( ._.)

Also, only 20 layers is a bummer.

HariKari

Sounds like what happened to me until I updated my video drivers.

If you get into the game and disconnect at repeatable intervals, you need to make sure Punkbuster is a.) installed b.) services are running and c.) up to date.

Everything else is driver nonsense. Seems a lot of Nvidia cards are crashing. Couldn't possibly be a conflict of interest there with AMD cards....

mitchman

Gold Member
Well, at least you can go online before it crashes. I never could connect to any multiplayer server with BF3. Only game ever that didn't work. dd-wrt on the router, no blocked outgoing ports. Shrug.

Welcome to PC gaming! Give it a few days. Just be glad you weren't here for Rome Total War 2.

Eh, Creative Assembly has mostly gotten Rome 2 sorted out by now. It only took them about an extra 2 months post launch but they got it done.

I've had some intermittent crashes so far with BF4 but compared to Rome 2's launch, BF4's looks positively remarkable.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Stupidly awesome. I mean, just so long as you're one of the lucky 4 people in the server actually piloting them.

Yep, once they get some upgrades they just fuck everyone up and there is like nothing you can do.

Wookieomg

Okay guys, maybe you can help me out. This has happened to me twice now and it's really pissing me off. I was playing in a match, finished it and got a rank up. I went to go mess with my loadout in the Battlelog so I quit out of the game, only to find that Battlelog, even after refreshing the page, shows me NOT to have ranked up... Even though in my history, it shows that same match having been played. What is happening here??

Posting this again for help.. Gonna wait to play after a patch if Battlelog isn't recording correct xp.

Rendition

Is anyone playing this on 360 or PS3? Seems like 90%+ here are PC users which is strange because this is also a big console release.

How is it on the 360 and PS3?

Coflash

I received a 'Double XP weekend' code with my order today...

Can someone tell me why anyone would want this? By doubling your XP, you're progressing faster and therefore there is ultimately less for you to do in this game.

I don't get it, especially since they're selling it as some sort of incentive.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I received a 'Double XP weekend' code with my order today...

Can someone tell me why anyone would want this? By doubling your XP, you're progressing faster and therefore there is ultimately less for you to do in this game.

I don't get it, especially since they're selling it as some sort of incentive.

You just answered your own question: Some of us want the unlocks faster so we can play the game with the weapons we want.

Sorry, but sitting here playing at the normal rate for the old ammobox is getting a little old.

Coflash

You just answered your own question: Some of us want the unlocks faster so we can play the game with the weapons we want.

Sorry, but sitting here playing at the normal rate for the old ammobox is getting a little old.

What is the goal of BF if not to unlock better weapons and vehicles anyway?

I want better weapons/cars/items in a lot of games early on, but I also want those games to last, by using double XP it seems like a shitty way of shortchanging myself

Would you be happy if they were all unlocked by default? Is it working to get those items that annoys you?

God, I love the XM25 Airburst. Once I figured out how to properly use it, it's been so useful taking out the rooftop snipers. However, it's still fun to use in other situations like blasting guys that are hiding behind cover.

DICE, please don't nerf kthx

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I want better weapons/cars/items in a lot of games early on, but I also want those games to last, by using double XP it seems like a shitty way of shortchanging myself

Would you be happy if they were all unlocked by default? Is it working to get those items that annoys you?

FacelessMasterALLIDOISWIN.mp3

So, yes: If the guns were unlocked and the stuff was unlocked by default, I'd be just as happy. Kit items being locked is fucking stupid, meanwhile, no excuse to have the default/classic ammoboxes hidden while having the portable/sticky ones unlocked by default. :/

Overdoziz

Banned

Unlock systems in multiplayer are the worst. BF3 became so much more enjoyable once I didn't have to focus on unlocking everything anymore. You can just use what you want to use whenever you want.

Kingbrave

My goal is to shoot shit. I wish everything was unlocked from the beginning.

Shoot all of the shit right in it's shitty face!

A couple questions:

1. If you crash, do your stats not save?

2. If you get a "double XP" thing from a lunchbox or whatever, do those activate immediately or do you have to activate them immediately? And is it for the next hour of gameplay, or the next hour of realtime?

Sethos

Banned
I really love those weapons they placed at specific spots, makes for nice variety when you reach a great spot.

l73KKnH.gif

And another random GIF, because I like GIFs.

3GlnWve.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom