• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battlelog still doesn't display server ping. That's an issue I've had since halfway through BF3, on three different computers, two different ISPs, and four routers.

What gives?

Commander kinda sucks.

First of all, you only get about half the points as everybody else on the team - or about a 1/3 of the points of the upper finishers. Nor are there any unlocks to work towards. Then your most used ability relies on the fact that your team is using their minimap - which is painfully obvious that most do not.

There are also no inherent offensive abilities. The only offense you get is map specific and requires that your team hold on to certain objectives. Without these it's all kinda of boring.

I'd say the coolest part is giving promotions to the squads that do your bidding, which gives them minor buffs.

Sethos

Banned
I keep getting disconnected and then the infamous EA message of someone logged into Origin, "Log in anyway". Man they've had that fucking problem since Origin was launched -.-

I really hope we get a good amount of vanilla servers as this game evens out. I'm really enjoying the actual core multiplayer (battlelog and all the crashes/bugs not so much), but I seriously cannot deal with these 1000+ ticket games, infinite vehicle respawn games, or 64 player Obliteration matches.

I get that people like choices in their PC shooters, but BF3 got to the point where stupid whacky garbage was the only choice. It's feeling like that right out of the gate with 4 and I just wanna play some damn regular games, maybe with hardcore damage.

Ultryx

My experiences have been up and down with this game so far. I'm a huge fan of BF3 and put a lot of hours into it. I'm sick of these crashes. Since the patch from today, I've only froze/crashed one time. Each time I start my computer up and boot up Origin and BF4 though, I get a crash every time. It's only the first time and then I don't get the error again, but it's so incredibly annoying.

Where are all the Obliteration and Rush servers? It's all Conquest!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really hope we get a good amount of vanilla servers as this game evens out. I'm really enjoying the actual core multiplayer (battlelog and all the crashes/bugs not so much), but I seriously cannot deal with these 1000+ ticket games, infinite vehicle respawn games, or 64 player Obliteration matches.

Or DICE just eat server costs and make [DICE] servers for ALL platforms
and censor [DICE] from being used as a custom server title thereby preventing copy-cat clones that can't get people to play their rules

DICE taking those out of the PS3 version as server space was blown up by rent-a-servers was the worst damn thing.

Kingbrave

Because the server browser is broken beyond repair right now.

I know DICE reads this, so: Fix this fucking shit pronto. CTD's can wait. I can't join servers if I can't FIND them myself and have to resort to Demize's "lazy" way of finding games. >:|

For me I use the 1-5, 5-10, All on the filters and it finds a ton. Click on the player count and ill sort from high to low.

All this talk of constant crashes makes me a bit happy as I'm still downloading it so people won't be getting too far ahead of me it would seem.

Though I like to do the SP first and then never again :p

MadSexual

I'm really enjoying the game so far. It's my first Battlefield and pretty much my first competitive game. I've put about seven hours in so far. It's remarkable because I'm completely terrible. I think I'm starting to pick up some skills, but I've currently got a SPM of 89...

TheSeks

I see no DICE but I see Seth playing.

Say I buy Premium in January, do I get the battlepacks and items that were unlocked in the previous months?

Yes, no, maybe... we don't know, maybe wait for DICE to clarify?

J-Rzez

I have yet to play a bad map. The map quality of this game is nearly of that from SOCOM 1, 2, and 3, and yes that is of very high praise from me.

I have yet to play a bad map. The map quality of this game is nearly of that from SOCOM 1, 2, and 3, and yes that is of very high praise from me.

I think the only map I dislike is Zavod 113. I'm actually surprised at how much I enjoy Operation Locker - Metro was fun for shits and giggles in 3, but it was a bad map. Locker feels like Metro that's insane on purpose, not because the map is stupid.

I think Paracel Storm or Flood Zone are my favorites.

Overdoziz

Banned
So not only is the black spawn screen back after begin absent from the beta, you also have to stare at the killcam for a long time again like in BF3. Christ DICE, you fixed that shit in the beta, why are you undoing improvements?!

TheSeks

Speaking of which, Spectator mode is awesome but I see DICE STILL has not fixed being able to switch "teams" into joining the game or going into Spectator if there is room. I guess to prevent loss-abusers but it'd be nice to not have to leave the server to join the game on the same server. :|

Tekku

Crash after first 10 minutes of MP - good sign ;)

Haha, same here. Was on Shanghai, going through the settings and then it just stopped working.

Got through the second game though, and I'm surprised at how much better than the beta it is. The game looks really crisp even on low settings and the framerate is stable.

Shadybiz

Are people having an easy time getting into matches with squads intact? BF3 was a mess in that regard; I'm hoping it's not the same this time.

Edit: nevermind, just saw the posts about there not even being a party option. God.

Tekku

Say I buy Premium in January, do I get the battlepacks and items that were unlocked in the previous months?

I bought premium for BF3 when Close Quarters had been out for some time and I got it. I'm sure it will work like this for BF4 as well. It would be really odd if it didn't.

RS4-

Moved my install to ssd, really glad that I didn't have to download the whole thing again. Hopefully the load times are Goddamn reasonable

Jpb

Neo Member
It's actually been worse for myself.

Yeah. I got through a couple full matches, but it's just about 100% crash on each map switch. I just crashed 4 times in the last 20 minutes or so as well, just going to leave the game alone now. Really fun while it works though.

It's been an hour and I'm still installing the game (at least it's now downloading the update). Already had a PunkBuster install error. My guess is that in a few hours, I will want to kill every man and woman working for EA. If this goes as well as my initial Battlefield 3 multiplayer experience, this will be the last Battlefield game I ever buy.

Jinjo

Why would you assume the post you're replying to tells the entire story? It doesn't.

Friends get dropped on the same team and same squad if possible when they join a server---by default---and if they can't be squadded/teamed up due to not enough open slots it regroups them on the next round.

Sure, you don't have a party system like bf3, but you don't need one. Have your squad leader pick a server and then dropzone the rest of the squad. bang, same server. be same squad and team too if at all possible. If it isn't possible it wouldn't have worked in bf3 either.

I was unable to test myself as my copy of the game hadn't unlocked yet. Still, jury's still out on whether this will work properly. I've always liked the party'ing up before a game. Without partychat outside the game it's going to be kind of inconvenient to communicate what server you're on, not to mention if all your friends can see/find it (before it fills up too).

Played it for two matches just now. After a frustrating start and the game prompting me to change to veteran controls I did much better. Game looks like absolute ass on PS3, I remember bf3 looking way better. Still, I like the simplified bad company 2'ish look bf4 has going a lot better compared to the screenglare party that was bf3. It's functionally ugly, but it's still ugly lol. Here's hoping that the next gen version will wow me.

I think the only map I dislike is Zavod 113. I'm actually surprised at how much I enjoy Operation Locker - Metro was fun for shits and giggles in 3, but it was a bad map. Locker feels like Metro that's insane on purpose, not because the map is stupid.

I think Paracel Storm or Flood Zone are my favorites.

Totally agree about Operation Locker. Played my first round of that today, and was expecting some kind of bottleneck horror like the stair approach to B on metro. Instead, was completely surprised at how many routes and cover options you had when moving through the prison complex.

The ice storm fogging up my PDW optics in the middle of a firefight was a nice touch too.

Updating to the latest AMD drivers removed the various crashes I was having.

Also, Oblideration is the greatest thing to happen to the battlefield series in a long time.

One final thing, MBT's FTW

Dp3Wdan.jpg

Milennia

When this comes out for ps4 i want to steam through the campaign to get the weapons, how long is it normally taking everyone atm to rush through it?

TheSeks

For me I use the 1-5, 5-10, All on the filters and it finds a ton. Click on the player count and ill sort from high to low.

None of that works for me. I get 0/64 servers the full page. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom