• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuga

Banned
closegameljozk.jpg

Tense as fuck game.

I've decided one minute ago that I actually kinda really want BF4. Is it still possible to pre-order it somewhere (for PC) and get the free DLC? Or have I missed the boat?

Heysoos

Okay so that Dam map is unplayable with all the rubberbanding. The railway map keeps losing sound. Oh and parasol looks amazing and the weather is awesome, but fuck the boats.

Daigoro

What is the goal of BF if not to unlock better weapons and vehicles anyway?

I want better weapons/cars/items in a lot of games early on, but I also want those games to last, by using double XP it seems like a shitty way of shortchanging myself

Would you be happy if they were all unlocked by default? Is it working to get those items that annoys you?
this is exactly what's wrong with gaming today.

BF was always about using teamwork to complete objectives and win a large scale battle against another army.

it was never about unlocking stupid equipment. until this gen.

thanks call of duty. fuck you DICE.

Does anyone have that gif of the singleplayer where it's the crowded Shanghai highway with rain pouring down hard? Think it was posted here within the last 24 hours, thanks. Edit: Nvm found it, here it is for anyone that's interested.
untitled_307_by_dennisk4-d6scb0d.gif

Praise be to Dennis.

phaonaut

God, I love the XM25 Airburst. Once I figured out how to properly use it, it's been so useful taking out the rooftop snipers. However, it's still fun to use in other situations like blasting guys that are hiding behind cover.

DICE, please don't nerf kthx

How do you properly use it? is there another button other than fire?

psn

BF was always about using teamwork to complete objectives and win a large scale battle against another army.

Even in Battlefield 2 you had to unlock. I guess you havent even played it, because else you'd know that it took >2 months to unlock ONE class.

What is the goal of BF if not to unlock better weapons and vehicles anyway?

I want better weapons/cars/items in a lot of games early on, but I also want those games to last, by using double XP it seems like a shitty way of shortchanging myself

Would you be happy if they were all unlocked by default? Is it working to get those items that annoys you?

typically, the starting weapons are usually really good and you don't unlock "better" weapons, just "different" weapons. and you play because it's fun.

pretty sure you mean THANKS BATTLEFIELD 2.

Makoto

Even in Battlefield 2 you had to unlock. I guess you havent even played it, because else you'd know that it took >2 months to unlock ONE class.
Please. The unlock system in BF2 might as well have not been there at all. The extent of the unlock system in BF2 were some throwaway weapons that no one needed in the first place.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Having a great game on rush attacking. No one even near 3k points of me. We're pushing to the final set and of course, my client crashes. :|

Elsolar

Please. The unlock system in BF2 might as well have not been there at all. The extent of the unlock system in BF2 were some throwaway weapons that no one needed in the first place.

Yeah, that's bullshit. The G36E was hands-down the best weapon in BF2 for any class, and it was an unlock. And BF2142 did all this equipment-unlock crap a full year before COD 4 came out, so if anything IW stole the idea from DICE.

Black Ops 2 had my favorite unlock system in the FPS genre. Battlefield would work wonderfully if every kit level you get to choose what you want unlocked. I could save the semi auto snipers for last since I don't use them

Timu

Black Ops 2 had my favorite unlock system in the FPS genre. Battlefield would work wonderfully if every kit level you get to choose what you want unlocked. I could save the semi auto snipers for last since I don't use them
Sounds like Battlefield Bad Company 1's unlock system.

ShogunX

Just started playing multiplayer on the 360 and.....it looks like utter shit. Obviously it was never going to look great on such an old console but damn it's hard to play with how ugly it is.

Roll on Ghosts.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Weird bug. I have a CM Storm. I can't map anything to the forward front side button. I could in the beta, though. Strange. I can map to every other button but that one.

frogg609

Are there specific servers (PC) that GAF people are playing on? Getting annoyed with people not caring about capturing points and just want to make sure they get in the tank/plane/whathaveyou.

HariKari

Given up on the game for now. Can't play it without crashes. Tried everything. What makes it worse is that some people, including friends, are able to play right now without a problem. There's a 32 page thread on the technical help forum about this so I'm not alone but I don't recall BF3 ever having an unplayable issue like this.

phaonaut

Given up on the game for now. Can't play it without crashes. Tried everything. What makes it worse is that some people, including friends, are able to play right now without a problem. There's a 32 page thread on the technical help forum about this so I'm not alone but I don't recall BF3 ever having an unplayable issue like this.

May not be helpful to you, but all my problems seem server related. If you find a good server, favorite it.

-Deimos

Are there specific servers (PC) that GAF people are playing on? Getting annoyed with people not caring about capturing points and just want to make sure they get in the tank/plane/whathaveyou.

Don't know but add me on origin llDeimos. I usually play on a 38 man obliteration server.

RS4-

Haven't really followed this at all. BF3 let me down when it came to sniping. Someone tell me they're as fun as BC2 again.

It's between both. More towards BC2 but not as fun or good.

And did they remove the knife counter? I haven't seen the prompt. And I still don't get spawn invul yet in this, shit is so random. I die as soon as I spawn, but if I get the jump on someone who spawned, they're bullet sponges.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Since I'm waiting for the game to come to next gen, I'm wondering - how are the p2w slot machine unlocks? Have people dropped much money into them?

HariKari

Since I'm waiting for the game to come to next gen, I'm wondering - how are the p2w slot machine unlocks? Have people dropped much money into them?

They aren't for sale. You can get a ton of battlepacks once you finish the vanilla unlocks by getting weapon specific battlepacks. It rains camos and XP boosts at that point. The whole "pay2win" thing was overblown. The gold packs contain a higher chance at battlepack only stuff like premium knives and adaptive camos but that's about it.

friday

Do the servers seem particularly bad right now? Been fine all night, and then just now a few different servers were laggy as hell and game was crashing a lot.

Just played the first 2 Single Player missions and holy hell.... best looking game I have EVER seen.

Sure fire way to impress though: Night time, Rain and shiny ligths everywhere

Oh thank sweet jesus. So there ARE hardcore servers out there, it's just that for whatever reason Battlelog classifies them as Custom.

The easiest way to search is to go to advanced filtering a set player health to 60-60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom