• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidagfc

Does Server Queue still exist?
In BF3 I could queue to a full server and just wait for an opening. Now I have to manually refresh the server list and try to catch the empty slot :/

In BF3 I could queue to a full server and just wait for an opening. Now I have to manually refresh the server list and try to catch the empty slot :/

A dev said there was a problem that was affecting it so they are working on it and queue should be fixed soon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Taken out due to server load right now. It'll be back eventually.

What are some of your favorite maps in this game so far? I'm really enjoying Paracel Storm, Operation Hurt Locker and Flood Zone.

Siege of Shanghai remains my favourite. Big map allowed for you not tripping over opponents every ten steps, lots of room for variety of confrontation between buildings and street level with various vehicles, the fight between roof top advantage and street level cap points, and the ability of even infantry to get around such a big space quickly by jumping off sky scrapers meant you almost never ended up hoofing it over large, empty, coverless fields.

Too bad it's barely played since everyone else got tired of it during beta.

I haven't been able to use any of the guns I unlocked in SP in MP yet!?

I get judder on a lot of servers, where your guy fails to move forward and shakes every few seconds.

Same, it's because the server's don't have que. It will judder every time someone pings the server trying to 'join' when it's full.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I haven't been able to use any of the guns I unlocked in SP in MP yet!?

Same, it's because the server's don't have que. It will judder every time someone pings the server trying to 'join' when it's full.
That makes sense, because when a server is half empty it doesn't happen.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
PS4 (1080p native)

If you're talking purely Battlefield 4, I'm pretty sure the PS4 build is not 1080p native, but 900p upscaled to 1080p (so 1600x900).

derFeef

Multiplayer crashing has stopped, so far. But I am having a much harder time in the full game now, phew everyone is good.
I love the XM25 so much - but damn, claymores now... hmmm.

Stoffinator

Has anybody lost their single player save? I just went to continue it and it's no longer there. Only the option to start a new one. I am on the PS3.

zam

So I don't know if anyone else here has run into this issue, but using a gamepad (a 360 controller in my case) for flying jets on PC is broken for me. It works perfectly fine for helicopters, but the triggers which I use for throttle up&down are permanently bound to fire weapon on the right, and the left to freelook, the left bumper is permanently bound to flares. I do not have this problem for helicopters (except for LT being hardbound to freelook, but I can work around that as decrease throttle still works at the same time), and I have tried clearing all controller binds for not only jets, but all other control types (common, on foot, vehicle, etc).

Very annoying as I am used to flying with my 360 controller in BF3, and have no real interest to learn how to fly well with KB+M, so until this is fixed jets are effectively unuseable for me (I only use the 360 controller for flying, everything else I do with KB+M).

Kabuto

Is it just me or is the FOV adjustment doing absolutely nothing in single player?(I haven't tested multi yet. Want to get SP out of the way first).

Sethos

Banned
That's that grenade launcher thing right? explodes behind cover and such... it looks a little OP or annoying to me.

It's not, trust me. Very low on ammo, not super high damage and the velocity in which they travel is excruciatingly slow. So they need to sit still basically for it to be really effective. However when they do sit still or are in an area bunched up, 2-3 or 4 shots will net you a kill.

They are fun and useful, not OP.

derFeef

That's that grenade launcher thing right? explodes behind cover and such... it looks a little OP or annoying to me.

It has very low ammo (without field upgrades) and you need like 3 hits to kill someone. Only those who sit tight and do not move are getting punished by it. It also gives away your position very clearly because of the smoe trails.

edit: So ... what Sethos said too, lol.

G_Berry

Banned
Wait, so say I pick this up on 360 and then when the new box launches, I get BF again on that and my level, unlocks and stats and shit carry over?

aravuus

Only twelve hours to go, I'm getting excited. Gotta get up fairly early tomorrow though, so I really hope the game actually works for the hour or two I can play it tonight.

Spookie

It's not, trust me. Very low on ammo, not super high damage and the velocity in which they travel is excruciatingly slow. So they need to sit still basically for it to be really effective. However when they do sit still or are in an area bunched up, 2-3 or 4 shots will net you a kill.

They are fun and useful, not OP.

Effective for roof rats which need to be expunged.

Woo-Fu

Banned
yes, but you have to press alt to speak. I turned on voice activation in the settings and it still makes me press alt for some reason.

It is forcing you to be considerate of your squadmates. I have to mute anybody who isn't using push-to-talk.

Woo-Fu

Banned

It is one of the most balanced weapons in the game. Takes skill, has low ammo, very slow reload, and regaining ammo from a crate is very slow too.

About the only thing that makes grinding on Support to get the other toys interesting.

Kingbrave

It is one of the most balanced weapons in the game. Takes skill, has low ammo, very slow reload, and regaining ammo from a crate is very slow too.

About the only thing that makes grinding on Support to get the other toys interesting.

It's really fun to use on that snow map (Operation Condor?) when everyone is in the choke points and hallways. So are the lmg's too!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Game is such a mess just now. Crashes, servers kicking people, questionable hit detection, game keeps losing unlocks so you need to rejoin the server, and the sound bugs on multiple maps.

Borderless is also broken for me too.

nOoblet16

Why is DICE such a fuck up when it comes to controller implementation on PC?
One can CLEARLY see that they put some thoughts in it because there's auto aim, and proper functionality. Yet the very basic things are ignored and I'm not even talking about button prompts because I am totally fine with lack of 360 button prompts what bugs me is that you can enter the options menu using a controller but you cannot exit it unless you press ESC on keyboard, you cannot navigate the weapon cache screen using a controller eventhough the entire game works with a controller.

Why would they not notice such obvious flaws? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom