• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanspeed

Banned
Damn im such a noob in this game all i do is die and rage quit. meh
Learn the maps. Run with teammates. Just keep at it.

There's a learning curve, for sure. But it doesn't take long before you get the hang of what you should be doing.

Fuck sake. Multiplayer crashes every fucking round. Was on 7k points just then and crashed.
I'm definitely gonna run through single-player first, then. This sounds entirely too frustrating.

Z3M0G

Why is DICE such a fuck up when it comes to controller implementation on PC?
One can CLEARLY see that they put some thoughts in it because there's auto aim, and proper functionality. Yet the very basic things are ignored and I'm not even talking about button prompts because I am totally fine with lack of 360 button prompts what bugs me is that you can enter the options menu using a controller but you cannot exit it unless you press ESC on keyboard, you cannot navigate the weapon cache screen using a controller eventhough the entire game works with a controller.

Why would they not notice such obvious flaws? :S

Is this for real? This can't be real... can it?

Damn im such a noob in this game all i do is die and rage quit. meh

It's a learning experience. Even if you have played countless BF games ebfore you have to adjust to how the new game works and plays. Give it time

In the beta I was dying ALL THE TIME. No exaggeration. I finished my first few rounds with like 3 kills total for an entire round. By the end of the beta I was getting top of the board or close to it a lot of the time. Though of course everyone has bad rounds where nothing goes right

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Punkbuster needs to die in a fire.

I see Quake 3 finally got removed from their "support." Maybe that means the game is actually good again.

MadSexual

11 hours in. Mostly support class so far. It's going to take me the 200 hours some people spend on this game having fun just to learn the damn thing.

Almost no one in any server I've played on works with their squads, so I haven't learned what a squad is even supposed to do yet. Can anyone link me to a good page or video that explains the concept?

And if any other sucky noobs want to team up and figure this shit out, add me: BarberSurgeon.

nOoblet16

The game looks good and has an amazing lighting system but outside of that it's mostly smokes and mirror. It simply does not compare to Crysis 3, the world isn't as alive (static foliage, cubemap reflections that don't even make sense as int hey'll have cubemap reflections for things that aren't even around in the environment and it's so in your face that you can't ignore it, and the geometry looks quite angular and flat.

And then there's the water, I find it odd that water in this game still does not reacts to anything, not even a sprite based effect for gunfire. BF3 water looked like shit, this game it actually looks decent but rarely do you find a water body which reacts to something and causes a ripple.

Is this for real? This can't be real... can it?

I have a wireless HDMI transmitter that I use to play games on my Tele which is in a different room than my PC. Imagine the nuisance this causes.

At least you could get to 7k points. I had micro stuttering piloting the little bird. Crashed three times in to the trees due to random 1-5 second delays. Unbelievable.

Lol yeah it's terrible. Definitely got the rubber band issue. But I was on foot. Vehicles are much too easy a target at the moment.

Is there a bug where at end of round the ribons etc give you enough points to level up and it actually says you level up but then in the next game you are still the previous level? Almost like the points from ribbons etc have dissapeared.

Swear there are some funny things happening with my game.

antitrop

I played some multiplayer last night and had so much fun. :) Played for about 2 hours and had 1 crash in a match I was already going to lose, and then had a nice long game without a crash where we won. It was fantastic and I love this game.

The game looks good and has an amazing lighting system but outside of that it's mostly smokes and mirror. It simply does not compare to Crysis 3, the world isn't as alive (static foliage, cubemap reflections that don't even make sense as int hey'll have cubemap reflections for things that aren't even around in the environment and it's so in your face that you can't ignore it, and the geometry looks quite angular and flat.

And then there's the water, I find it odd that water in this game still does not reacts to anything, not even a sprite based effect for gunfire. BF3 water looked like shit, this game it actually looks decent but rarely do you find a water body which reacts to something and causes a ripple.
It's 10x more fun than Crysis 3. All that really matters.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Internet finally uncapped a couple of hours ago, so I got my first taste of the multiplayer since the beta.

First impressions sure have been shitty. I've really only played two game from start to finish, one with lag. Every other match has either had game breaking bad lag (and everyone in the server complaining about it), or the server connection crashed and I didn't finish the game.

Parcel Storm seems like an awesome map, crashed. Yet to finish a game.
Zavod 311 is okay but pretty fucking dumb with 64 players. Way too small. Only game I've finished, smooth sailing from start to finish.
Lancang Dam, finished one match with insane lag, server crashed out of another. Map seems pretty boring. No idea what, if anything, the levolution event does. Dam wall crashed, nothing happened.
Golmud Railway, played about 30 seconds and quit due to lag.

Lancang Dam, finished one match with insane lag, server crashed out of another. Map seems pretty boring. No idea what, if anything, the levolution event does. Dam wall crashed, nothing happened.

That's all it does, no water bursts out or anything it just sends like 4 boulders through the local area and knocks a few things or kills people and the main dam wall blocks off a road. It's terribly underwhelming for the size of it

In factsome of the levolution events are pretty crappy gameplay wise and seem to only look good.

derFeef

I think the backend servers are dying, can't play on any servers now, so laggy

That's all it does, no water bursts out or anything it just sends like 4 boulders through the local area and knocks a few things or kills people and the main dam wall blocks off a road. It's terribly underwhelming for the size of it

In factsome of the levolution events are pretty crappy gameplay wise and seem to only look good.

Yeah, only 2 or 3 seem worthwhile from a gameplay perspective. Flood Zone, Shanghai, and Paracel Storm. I think those will be my favourite maps anyway.

antitrop

Well, they're gonna sell us another game's worth of DLC, so maybe they will be better later.

Sethos

Banned
I have to say it. Operation Locker is a fucking terrible ass map.

It's like two versions of Metro had an inbred child that turned out very, very speshul. Such a clusterfuck of a map, rubbish spawn points and so many random places to die from. Terrible in every way possible. I really didn't like Shanghai at first but after having seen the alternatives it might actually be my favourite map.

The mood really got sour in here. DICE needs to turn this ship around before it Leveloutions into the ground

This happened with BF3 too, and by most accounts, the BF4 launch has been better. It sucks that first day issues have become the norm with AAA launches, but it is the norm and will probably be fine within a few days.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wee, first actual crash that I had to task manager out of. Match again regressed to a lag mess. Awesome stuff.

That's all it does, no water bursts out or anything it just sends like 4 boulders through the local area and knocks a few things or kills people and the main dam wall blocks off a road. It's terribly underwhelming for the size of it.

Haha, that's so lame.

RS4-

Someone needs to do a test on spawn protection, it's pretty bad.

Anyway, reinstalling PB, checking the option to repair the install and adding a bunch of ports seems to have fixed my crashing issue that don't involve servers going belly up.

Saganator

Crashes aside, this game is pretty awesome. But damn do I suck at it. I miss old school BF where someone killing someone from behind took a bit more effort instead of just getting a lucky spawn. Seems like the only time I can rack up some points is when I get into a tank as gunner with a decent driver. I've played with just one squad that actually stuck together and that was super fun, one of my few rounds with a positive K/D ratio and over 2k points. Its taking me forever to get upgrades due my poor play. I'm kinda disappointed with Engineer, my BF2 & 3 bread and butter class. Seems like its a lot harder to take down a tank and the starting weapon is absolute shit.

I need Origin friends. Mountain time zone on PC, I usually play later at night, like 8-10 PST till 1-2 AM. Most of my playtime is on Monday/Tuesday. I usually play Conquest/Obliteration and Rush. Just looking for non-mouth breathing individuals who are looking to not play with pubs. Origin name same as forum name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom