• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing Engineer a lot. DMR on Hardcore servers is awesome.

What do I have to do in SP to get the M249?

Also I solved by crashing/freezing by running it in borderless windowed mode instead of fullscreen.

EVIL

GO AS THE SITUATION DICTATES SnoopBlingee#YOLOSWAG.gif

Too many people go engineer and then forget to take tanks out: So, fuck the "popularity." Don't be a newbie and USE THE FUCKING CLASSES AS THE SITUATION CHANGES.

I would say, go with what works best for you. You can never predict what you need for the situations ahead. The main feel with Battlefield 3, was that you never play the kit that you need at that moment. When you play as assault, here comes a tank, or a heli that mows you down. When you play as an engineer, no tanks in sight, but the guns let you down in a 1 VS 3 fight. etc. just play what you like best.

dungtongue

Neo Member
Man, what the hell is up with this weird ass server browser in a browser? I haven't played Battlefield since Bad Company 2 because I couldn't be bothered downloading Origin for one game, but they still haven't fixed their shitty server browsers 3 years later :( Just copy TF2 or something...

antitrop

Man, what the hell is up with this weird ass server browser in a browser? I haven't played Battlefield since Bad Company 2 because I couldn't be bothered downloading Origin for one game, but they still haven't fixed their shitty server browsers 3 years later :( Just copy TF2 or something...

Once you get used to it, Battlelog is amazing.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Wut? Battlelog is a great server browser. Well, not right now when they've shut down some features to lighten the load, but you know what I mean.

Also, is the game rubberbanding like crazy right now, or is it just me. It's starting to get very annoying.

antitrop

I'm watching the Giant Bomb QL right now and I think Jeff and Vinny are doing a fantastic job of pointing out why the campaign sucks.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
By the way, just a correction for that, support can get C4 too.

Thank god. I play Assault/Support exclusively and I need a way to deal with tanks.

On that note, it is a hard life out there for me at this point. In operation lockout I do great. In the open maps, I see my killer maybe 1/20 times. Either that or it is a tank. I need a squad with some engis in it for protection out there. Would make life that much easier.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone got this error?

"We could not active BF4 on this computer using the origin account you provided. Please locate your product key to activave the game using your origin account"

Bought the game off GMG, code worked on origin, downloaded it, type the code in now to activate and I get this message, type it in under "Enter product Key" and it says its already in use :S.

Bombless

Anyone got this error?

"We could not active BF4 on this computer using the origin account you provided. Please locate your product key to activave the game using your origin account"

Bought the game off GMG, code worked on origin, downloaded it, type the code in now to activate and I get this message, type it in under "Enter product Key" and it says its already in use :S.

If the code worked on Origin then you do not need to retype it again ever. Not sure why you type it to "activate". If it's on your Origin list then you already have it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Okay, I'm getting a bit annoyed by not being able to hear enemies shooting at me. You only hear a *thud* noise if they hit you, otherwise you can barely hear anything. Combine that with the fast kill times compared to BF3 and it makes it really frustrating in more focused gametypes like Rush. I vastly prefer the killtimes in BF3 anyway.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If the code worked on Origin then you do not need to retype it again ever. Not sure why you type it to "activate". If it's on your Origin list then you already have it.

Yeah its fine on Origin, i click play, it sends me to a website, I click campaign/multi/test and it takes me to a screen that says "Could not activate" with a box to enter product key, I enter mine and it says "This code has already been used", you are signed in as ...... which is my email.

Strange :s

Tekku

Then there is support, which no one play

1s008i.gif

Okay, I'm getting a bit annoyed by not being able to hear enemies shooting at me. You only hear a *thud* noise if they hit you, otherwise you can barely hear anything. Combine that with the fast kill times compared to BF3 and it makes it really frustrating in more focused gametypes like Rush. I vastly prefer the killtimes in BF3 anyway.

There is definitely a sound bug in the game that happens sometimes where you really can't hear anything. Its weird.

Hixx

Yeah its fine on Origin, i click play, it sends me to a website, I click campaign/multi/test and it takes me to a screen that says "Could not activate" with a box to enter product key, I enter mine and it says "This code has already been used", you are signed in as ...... which is my email.

Strange :s

Are you using a VPN? It doesn't release here until tomorrow.

All the Levolution events in one vid - yeah most are a bit lame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaUnif8Aon0

Yeah they're mostly lame, but I like the one on Rogue Transmission. It just looks really cool.

I seriously want DICE to add a nuke on one of their DLC maps. Make it super hard to trigger, but once it does, it wipes everyone out and turns to map into a skeleton of what it once was. Ground Zero should also have tons of radiation so you slowly take damage when you're in the area.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yay! Managed to play a relatively lagless full round! First time on Flood Zone. Map is a hot mess to learn but I like it. It's the right size, I think, thanks to the play space made up by all the interiors and side streets. I look forward to playing more of it, and properly learning the layout.

Tried a Shanghai game three times and each and every time the game crashed, forcing me to task manager out of Battlefield 4.

Had an Operation Locker round, managed to finish it. It's Metro 2.0. I can see that they've attempted to mix it up with the outdoor areas, but they've missed the point of what made Metro a grind. Alternate paths don't mean shit when all those alternate paths are still bottlenecks towards the same areas. And that's what Locker is: bottlenecks. You've just got more of them than before. Maybe it plays a lot better with 32 players.

Really keen to have a proper go of Golmud Railway, Hainan Resort, and Rogue Transmission, since these seem to be the bigger maps. Hopefully they don't disappoint. It would suck if I ended up falling back on Caspian and Firestorm once the Second Assault expansion pack rolls around, for my big map fix.

No idea how Dawnbreaker plays. Haven't even seen the layout.

Overdoziz

Banned
There is definitely a sound bug in the game that happens sometimes where you really can't hear anything. Its weird.
I'm not even talking about the bug that makes half or all the audio cut out. This is during gameplay where audio is working fine, but the sound for other people shooting is just very quiet and I feel like there is basically no sound for bullets flying by. At least they're not nearly as clear as in BF3.

Tak3n

Banned
Anyone got this error?

I did, I googled it and it said one fix is to log in, log out log back in and then try, that fixed it for me... whilst on the VPN, as Origin gets confused where your country is

Others it did not, google it and you will see you are not alone

NIN90

Sooo, are they gonna introduce queues again? Because getting on a server is painful without them.

Also, why are all assault players idiots in this game? One of the reasons why I mostly play assault myself is because nobody fucking drops medpacks. I constantly drop them. I mean, there's a fucking flashing health cross above your team mates. How can you miss that?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I would say, go with what works best for you. You can never predict what you need for the situations ahead. The main feel with Battlefield 3, was that you never play the kit that you need at that moment. When you play as assault, here comes a tank, or a heli that mows you down. When you play as an engineer, no tanks in sight, but the guns let you down in a 1 VS 3 fight. etc. just play what you like best.

This is true. But there's too many people that sleep on one class that they could work on and actually be some use in.

Too many useless "Sniper" recons that don't even throw out a motion mine or lay a T-UGS somewhere ("DERP WHAT ARE THOSE!?"), Too many useless engineers that don't repair tanks. Too many useless medics, assaults not throwing items out that I literally smash
"NEED AMMO"
"NEED AMMO"
"NEED AMMO"
"NEED AMMO"
"NEED AMMO"

In quick succession from the commorose.

Might as well switch as the situation dictates and take those things for myself.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ammo was a recurring problem in Battlefield 3 so I'm not surprised to see it crop up again in the early days of Battlefield 4, especially while the ammo crate is locked off. In both games health is rarely an issue for me, Assault seem to know they should be throwing it out everywhere. Support players just seem to forget their kinda important for keeping the rest of the team supplied.

I give up repairing tanks. Too many people drive away leaving you exposed to fire, you die shortly afterwards and I just jump back in my little bird.

Also this. Both sides need to consider each other. I'm repair crazy, but in Battlefield 3 I lost count of the amount of cunt tank drivers who'd piss off the moment you start repairing only for you to get immediately nailed by a soldier. If I'm rolling engineer I'm defenceless when I try to fix you, so at least have my back.

I have to say it. Operation Locker is a fucking terrible ass map.

It's like two versions of Metro had an inbred child that turned out very, very speshul. Such a clusterfuck of a map, rubbish spawn points and so many random places to die from. Terrible in every way possible. I really didn't like Shanghai at first but after having seen the alternatives it might actually be my favourite map.

That's unfortunate. After playing Shanghai a ton in the beta, I was hoping there would be some other maps I'd enjoy equally.

Dice seemed to think that Metro was a success because sooo many people jumped into 64 player servers just to grind out kills for unlocks.

Are there any other maps that are just flat-out no fun to play?

Ammo was a recurring problem in Battlefield 3 so I'm not surprised to see it crop up again in the early days of Battlefield 4, especially while the ammo crate is locked off. In both games health is rarely an issue for me, Assault seem to know they should be throwing it out everywhere. Support players just seem to forget their kinda important for keeping the rest of the team supplied.

In Bad Company 2, ammo was rarely a problem because it was on assault kits. They would throw ammo everywhere to refill their grenades :)

I actually liked the class system in Bad Company 2 the best. I played every single class in that game.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Tried a Shanghai game three times and each and every time the game crashed, forcing me to task manager out of Battlefield 4.

They added a bug after the beta, when the building at C goes down it crashes about half the players on the server every time. They also added the server crashes after beta as there weren't any during it, in my experience.

As far as the lack of support players go it'll get better. Most of the people who spent any time with the beta are getting a carbine with the unlocks they want before trying to play Support. At least they can roll with the M249 to start with now. I finished up engineer and am going through support now. I need to play Operation Locker a lot more, easiest map to level up the class.

I'm just going to go ahead and point out that on PC the beta of BF4 ran more stable than the actual release. It's like we're in bizarro world. Never had ONE single crash in beta, now its crash city, featuring a nice rubberband thunderdome in the middle.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Thank god. I play Assault/Support exclusively and I need a way to deal with tanks.

On that note, it is a hard life out there for me at this point. In operation lockout I do great. In the open maps, I see my killer maybe 1/20 times. Either that or it is a tank. I need a squad with some engis in it for protection out there. Would make life that much easier.

Remote mortars sound awesome! Haven't unlocked them yet. I play support mainly for the huge ass guns and nothing feels better than mowing down a squad with a big machine gun.

I've been playing sniper though because I need my mav and m98. Mav is the most underrated gadget in the game IMO

vixlar

This is true. But there's too many people that sleep on one class that they could work on and actually be some use in.

Too many useless "Sniper" recons that don't even throw out a motion mine or lay a T-UGS somewhere ("DERP WHAT ARE THOSE!?"), Too many useless engineers that don't repair tanks. Too many useless medics, assaults not throwing items out that I literally smash
"NEED AMMO"
"NEED AMMO"
"NEED AMMO"
"NEED AMMO"
"NEED AMMO"

In quick succession from the commorose.

Might as well switch as the situation dictates and take those things for myself.

And you are even jumping in front of him, with the ammo icon blinking... even with "I need some funcking ammo" phrase... and what they do? Of course they block your way out when enemies throw a grenade ¬¬

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Had an Operation Locker round, managed to finish it. It's Metro 2.0. I can see that they've attempted to mix it up with the outdoor areas, but they've missed the point of what made Metro a grind. Alternate paths don't mean shit when all those alternate paths are still bottlenecks towards the same areas. And that's what Locker is: bottlenecks. You've just got more of them than before. Maybe it plays a lot better with 32 players.

24 is a good number on that map.

32 player Operation Locker was great when I played it; there weren't any hard stops like I always saw on Metro. 64 players has felt terrible to me for a while though, they've all been too crowded since BF hit consoles and DICE dumped the larger 64 player versions of maps that the older PC releases had. Every map just feels like a complete clusterfuck with 64 players.

Afro

2 questions:

• what's the most accurate LMG for mid/long-range?
• how many C4 does it take to blow up a tank? 2?

If you're reading this OT then I doubt that you by now haven't played the beta or the full game. But if you haven't, we took footage from a game last night (PC version) - the map was Flood Zone. Liked this map a lot.

Flood Zone.

Ultryx

Welp, I will never play that Zavod map again. Spawned right into killed-by-knife death animation two times. Very clumsy...

I get killed so many bull shit ways on that map. The one thing I hate the most is spawning at C or D and spawning in the forest off to the side. Then I have to run through the open to get to the buildings and you know the damn snipers are just fucking sitting and waiting.

Is the realistic reloading system in vanilla mode, and not just hardcore? That sounds like a bug and could explain why lots of people are complaining about ammo.

Hixx

Welp, I will never play that Zavod map again. Spawned right into killed-by-knife death animation two times. Very clumsy...

Yeah the spawns on Zavod in particular are really bad. Which is a shame because it's a pretty good map otherwise.

Paracel Storm and Flood Zone are my favourite maps so far. Brilliant blends of land, sea and air combat and you're never too far from a fight but never feels like a clusterfuck either :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom