• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

If you refrain from joining any server again until the match you crashed out of is over, you'll get points for it when the game ends.

Yeah noticed that, thank god.

Been having a lot of fun with the game but the occasional crashes are a bummer. Crashes every third or so game.

Sethos

Banned
Man DICE royally fucked up Defuse. You constantly go into spectator mode on yourself, you still maintain control but you get a big fat "Spectating <name>" and some mouse keys to change view. Sometimes it starts spectating other players when you are still alive and it keeps flashing black for a second like it goes into spectator mode but doesn't.

All you read in chat is "I CAN'T SPAWN!?", "I'm frozen", "WHAT IS GOING ON?!"

You can't even write when dead!! which is murder for a mode like this. I was so stoked for this mode and knowing DICE, it'll take 6 months before they release a patch for it.

Oh and it apparently does a poor job at saving points. Played a round, levelled up to 6. Next round I was 5 again, completed that round and levelled up to 6 again. According to BL I'm 5 points off 6.

I'm good to go!

iuszx98Msksgs.png

You and me both :D

xxnw.png

Really digging BF4 multiplayer. Feels like what BF3 should have been. SP was awful however...probably one of the WORST single player campaigns I've ever played. The only thing I enjoyed were the sounds (War tapes setting + subwoofer + loud volume = AWESOME).

Anyone have some tips for improving support score/throwing those bad ammo pack things? There are SO CLUMSY.

Dice, seriously, just let everyone start out with a med box/ammo box and then maybe do the pack thing later when its more responsive.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is the realistic reloading system in vanilla mode, and not just hardcore? That sounds like a bug and could explain why lots of people are complaining about ammo.

Yes. It's in softcore. DICE originally intended it to be that way for all modes, wasn't it?

In any case, a lot of people (rightly) said "no we don't want that as a default" and DICE reversed that decision or something to where it's a "hardcore" or custom server choice.

I'd say it's partly bug and partly "custom" filters.

Remmy2112

Really digging BF4 multiplayer. Feels like what BF3 should have been. SP was awful however...probably one of the WORST single player campaigns I've ever played. The only thing I enjoyed were the sounds (War tapes setting + subwoofer + loud volume = AWESOME).

Anyone have some tips for improving support score/throwing those bad ammo pack things? There are SO CLUMSY.

Dice, seriously, just let everyone start out with a med box/ammo box and then maybe do the pack thing later when its more responsive.

Ammo box for support actually unlocks fairly quickly, faster if you use one of those 25% or higher XP boosters from battlepacks. It is the medic box that takes a long time to unlock, but medic packs are a little more versatile because they are picked up by anyone running over them which triggers the healing. You don't need to wait around.

How do you redeem the bonus XP from battlepacks? I can't find it.

Hit escape during a match and click on the lower right-hand corner. You can then select from your available XP boosts.

Bombless

I certainly don't. It's too clumsy, just like other FPS "cover" systems. DICE should've gotten rid of it.

It can be very useful but it's way too situational to be used consistently. Use will increase with habit I guess. It's downright great in some situations (like being crouched behind a bunch of boxes/wall and aiming down the sights positions you at the top).

Spookie

Aww trying to unlock DMRs and the server crashed. Fucking game. Got a good streak going on my pistol too and unlocked all the grenades. :(

Acinixys

GO AS THE SITUATION DICTATES SnoopBlingee#YOLOSWAG.gif

Too many people go engineer and then forget to take tanks out: So, fuck the "popularity." Don't be a newbie and USE THE FUCKING CLASSES AS THE SITUATION CHANGES.

In BF3 you can always tell who th tryhards are. 100 M16 service stars is 99.9% indicative of a score whore

I must express how disappointed I am at the lack of Cannabis-themed Emblem options. CoD really leading the way on that one.

During the Beta i saw every combination of dicks, boobs and asses possible. Something new would be appreciated

So has anyone experienced the latest game-breaking bug? Apparently, being flashbanged while using certain audio settings will cause a crash to desktop 100% of the time. Cool!

tsigo

Hi. I play Battlefield alone and would like to not do that anymore. I play the objective, drop health and ammo kits like they're going out of style, I'm capable of flying helicopters but also love being a gunner, I mark targets habitually, and I never complain about losing or being killed. Add me on Origin!

Izayoi

Banned
So... how do I force the game to launch the 64-bit executable?

I've been launching it from the "(64 bit)" one but the game only ever uses 2GB of RAM, just like a 32-bit exe would. What gives?

I've got an i7-2600k, 24GB of RAM, and Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit).

HariKari

So... how do I force the game to launch the 64-bit executable?

I've been launching it from the "(64 bit)" one but the game only ever uses 2GB of RAM, just like a 32-bit exe would. What gives?

I've got an i7-2600k, 24GB of RAM, and Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit).

Right click BF4 -> show game details on Origin. Set your launch options to x64.

HariKari

Thank you!

Hopefully this makes the game more stable. I've been crashing way more than I did in the beta, which I thought was pretty weird.

I really appreciate it.

Everyone is having stability problems. Especially in MP.

Thread with 50+ pages here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/bd-p/battlefield-4

I've given up on trying to play until Nvidia or DICE push an update. AMD users are having the best go of things right now with the newest drivers. There's no repeatable reason for the crashes, and no consistent fix. It's something on their end. I was 100% stable and played for hours at a time before that stupid 677mb patch. After it, I crash every few minutes. I know my system inside out and it's not on my end. No amount of tweaking, repairing, or reinstalling will fix it.

DICE's comment so far has been "repair your install and use the latest drivers" which doesn't solve the problem for anyone.

KePoW

Banned
Is there a setting to make the minimap "fixed" and not rotating? I thought there was a setting in BF3 for this but can't find it in BF4

Woo-Fu

Banned
So our servers have been crashing a ton tonight , is this a game problem or is it just i3 providing shitty servers.

Game problem, servers have been crashing all week long. I've heard it happens mostly on the 64 player servers. Can't verify.

OrangeOak

I don't remember when I sucked that much in MP game last time.
I consider myself pretty good in games especially in multiplayer but here I can't play at all.
I am constantly getting killed from behind and Im feeling like most unlucky person in the world in this game.
What most pissing me of is bullet sponging.Sometimes I have to shoot 2-3 times more to kill than others.
I don't know if it's me or game but it became irritating.
Sorry for english Im from poland and little drunk :p

Afro

dat new page gif.

so what are the most popular guns for each class so far? does anyone even use the M16 anymore?

Sethos

Banned
Also, I just had one of those amazing Defuse rounds. Everybody dead, last man standing versus the entire team. See a guy, throw a grenade and kill him ( Not in the GIF ) and then ...

battlefield_4___5_kill_round___4_shown___by_thesethos-d6sj5vo.gif

It's the little things in life.

nbthedude

So I just installed a 780.

And I don't even like this type of game that much but goddamn shinies...

Are there any coupon codes or deals going on right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom