• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazznid

Huh? I'm playing Obliteration.

Oh, well screw that.

What's a good way to make these with less dithering? (Or more, I have no Idea what I'm talking aboot.)

10600727495_0f20240d69_o.gif

Went on a BF4 binge today. I went from not really sure about the game when I first bought it, to falling in love a day later. Just had to get my sea legs back.

Hate the ironsights on the SCAR but once you unlock the red dot, GAME OVER.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I was looking back at a battle report and noticed this:

v22hZBJ.png

Does that mean each shot he fired hit on average 1.5 targets?

Overdoziz

Banned
Question of binding keys for the controller:

I set up my BF4 vehicle controls to reflect the ones I use in BF3 on the 360, but there are a couple of issues. First off: in land vehicles the left trigger will always zoom in and I according to my keybinds nothing but brake/reverse is set to the left trigger. Can't find anything else that's using it. Secondly: there's an issue in both helicopters and jets also to do with the left trigger. It's also only bound to brake/decelerate, but whenever I hold it I can't move look up and down with my vehicle (not free look).

There must be something I'm missing that's bound to the left trigger but I can't find it anywhere. Any know how to fix this?

In about 3 hours of playing I managed to not crash out of 1 game.

No wonder they said it would take a long time to rank up. You never finish a game for your stats to count

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So every time I try and join a friend it just says "no free commander slots" even when there are spots open in his match. What the hell? I'd like to play with friends at some point DICE...

Sethos

Banned
Damn, the LSAT is pretty boss. It doesn't jitter about as much as the M249 so more rounds seem to be on target. Also means you can take down a target much quicker it seems. This thing is like a laserbeam. Had I attempted the below with the M249, I'd be dead.

Q5r0HlC.gif

It's even great as a marksman rifles if you tap-trigger it.

aranth

Tank with sabot and staff shell is so damn fun. You can pretty much alternate firing each one and own any vehicle, and the staff shell is semiguided near the target, like the Mbt LAW. You really need someone good with the MG turret with this setup though, you have no defense against infantry this way with the lowered splash damage of all shells in BF4.

K.Sabot

Can't believe some servers still have something against Jihading.

Bunch of Buzzkills mad that their tanks aren't invincible.

Alright, I sent a bunch of you PC players some friend requests. I have the GAF DayZ mumble that we can use if people would like to use that as coms. Just PM me for details if you'd like them.

Gaz_RB

The campaign would be so much better if the protagonist talked. So many moments that could have been good are ruined by the player not being able to respond. It's just fucking weird.

These completely random crashes are the worst. Having a ton of fun, doing pretty well, 30 minutes into a game, one minute to go, we're about to win, and crash. Love it.

Went on a BF4 binge today. I went from not really sure about the game when I first bought it, to falling in love a day later. Just had to get my sea legs back.

Hate the ironsights on the SCAR but once you unlock the red dot, GAME OVER.

Yeah the iron sights are terrible. I played with the scar for 1 round then went back to the first gun. I really need to suck it up and keep using it until I unlock the red dot.

Coldsnap

So how is the HTPC couch experience with this game? BF3 was pretty much unplayable for me because I had to have a keyboard next to me to do squad stuff and some menus. I don't really care about being outgunned, I was doing fine on PC with a controller.

Replaying the final mission now to make the right choice that leads to the M249. Really wanna go back and beat each mission on Hard but the FOV makes me feel sick.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The campaign would be so much better if the protagonist talked. So many moments that could have been good are ruined by the player not being able to respond. It's just fucking weird.

He actually does talk once. I was shocked when it happened. I need to go back and figure out exactly where it happened.

I hope CoD releases with rock solid client/server stability. Releasing BF4 like this needs to hit EA/DICE in the pocketbook so maybe they think twice next time. I don't know how they managed to make the game less stable after the beta.

Hm neither of the gun rewards from the final mission seem to have unlocked. The award showed up in game, but they aren't selectable or anything in my loadout.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hm neither of the gun rewards from the final mission seem to have unlocked. The award showed up in game, but they aren't selectable or anything in my loadout.

Did you give the C4 to Irish
?

Apparently that's what you need to do.

Sethos

Banned

Had that 'problem' too. They are unlocked, just join a server and they should be there. Play with them and they should show up on Battlelog.

Did you give the C4 to Irish
?

Apparently that's what you need to do.

Second time I did yep.

Had that 'problem' too. They are unlocked, just join a server and they should be there. Play with them and they should show up on Battlelog.
Ok cool, thanks.

There are 3 endings. You have to play the final mission 3 times to unlock all 3 weapons.
Ah, so it won't show up until all 3 are unlocked? Guess I am doing it again then.

Important personal discovery: you can fit the quad-bike into the elevators in Dawnbreaker. No one seems to expect a quad-bike flying at them from a rooftop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom