• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say my least favorite part of this game is the aircraft.

Attack choppers are ridiculously weak. The littlebird can't kill a thing.. and ontop of that the moment you are in the air it's CONSTANT lock on from every single engineer / AA gun on the map. Not fun at all.

This level.... so gorgeous. Sorry for spam but I don't all these take up a single Spazz GIF so.... xD

10605260016_878cb10319_o.jpg

10605249044_febb8615c0_o.jpg

10605249984_d397347fae_o.jpg

10605230765_cb74e40753_o.jpg

10605496373_395f2c4f6e_o.jpg

Also:

10605236414_3826e01e39_o.jpg

Lol these ribbons are broken. About 4 times now my ribbons have given me enough XP to gain a level and it actually comes up saying I was promoted. But then my actual levels stays as it was and I have to earn that amount of XP the ribbons gave me before I actually level up. Fucking stupid.

KaYotiX

Banned

Attack choppers are ridiculously weak. The littlebird can't kill a thing.. and ontop of that the moment you are in the air it's CONSTANT lock on from every single engineer / AA gun on the map. Not fun at all.

Good, I was tired of aircraft being OP as hell in BF3.

kudoboi

since today the game has been crashing EVERY round. apparently there is a 70 page thread on this on their forums
some servers here also have the dumbest rules ive seen

w9DyvbZ.png

CozMick

Banned
Anyone else having problems downloading BF 4 Premium from the store on PS3?

I bought it last night prior to the games release and when I go to my download list I get "Auto download ON - Expected date of release 30/10/2013."

If I try from the store it just says "An error has occurred"

Goddamn you Sony, give me my battlepacks!

Please, people. If you are hurt and have a medic near (specially me) wait to he throws a med kit or medpac. It is really frustrating hunting you to heal you.
With every new battlefield people are getting more stupid it seems. Going from Planetside 2 where people actually work together, heal, repair and wait for eachother in vehicles to Battlefield 4 is such a terrible experience I already had enough after a few rounds. On top of that come the weird networking problems but I guess that is to be expected at launch. I think I will put this game away for a week or so and come back when they have sorted it out.

Spookie

The little bird can kill infantry rather quickly and get our again easily. But the attack chopper is so fucking slow to move it gets hit by everything. Since everything damages it so easily I've not used them at all in BF4.

HelloMeow

I'm having this problem as well.

I had this issue as well and spend hours fixing it.

The option "GstKeyBinding.jet.ConceptZoom.3.button" Cannot be edited through the menu, but it does affect the game. This option represents which game pad button activates free look in jets.

It's set to the left trigger and cannot be changed, unless you do it in your settings file.

I havent looking into which setting it is for the chopper, but I think that if you search for "GstKeyBinding.chopper.ConceptZoom.3.button" or something similar, you'll find the right one.

acidagfc

I don't know if it's a bug or what, but for me button B (map zoom IIRC) opens the console window. Which prevents me from moving and can only be closed with ~.

Is there any way to fix it? I have tried resetting to default keybinds, didn't help.

I think I'm gonna stick with Rush on PS3 until the PS4 version comes out - some maps for 24-player Conquest just doesn't work. It's a barren wasteland out there.

Rush is still awesome, btw.

Sarcasm

Guys I missed one I those pop up about pressing something to do something.. Really close at start but will still spoiler

where you are running to your helicopter onto of a building and it losses control. Your character falls and scouts back. Pop up says press v for something.. But I don't know what it does. I know it change gun rate of fire mode but that is what I think it also said in that scene.

acidagfc

Can't bind mouse buttons 4 and 5 to melee and throw grenades? What's up with that

You should be able to, just make sure you click in the right spot of the binding interface. Mouse bindings are in the middle, in narrow space between keyboard and gamepad. Try clicking to the right of keyboard binds.

Sorry it's probably been asked but if I buy a physical copy of the PC version, will it install from the disk or does it just download it from Origin?

RS4-

What's funny too is that as soon as you left, a couple of us GAF got together and played with relatively little issues for a solid 3 hours. Tomorrow is another day. I'just glad you jumped on the Mumble as it makes voice coms much easier.

Lol goddammit. Oh well there's always next time!

I really need to use engineer more, but I need a sir Carl Gustav equivalent. Or if people actually lazed targets with the PLD

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Sorry if this was asked before, but does the PC ver have full 360 controller support? 3's was awful, no button prompts and hold to sprint instead of toggle.

SmartBase

Just had all my progress and unlocks wiped, can't believe I was stupid enough to think DICE would ever have one decent launch.

Edit: now my unlocks come and go. Great.

Sorry if this was asked before, but does the PC ver have full 360 controller support? 3's was awful, no button prompts and hold to sprint instead of toggle.

Same thing here.

Just had all my progress and unlocks wiped, can't believe I was stupid enough to think DICE would ever have one decent launch.

It's surprisingly buttery smooth on PSN, though it's probably because not a lot of people are playing compared to PC or maybe 360. =p

I am really surprised that people think this is an improvement over BF3 (which I thought wasn't great either)

IMO it has all the problems of BF3 but only worse.

The weapon unlocking system is making the MP matches really imbalanced because iron sites/default sites are basically worthless and it takes for fucking ever to get good ones.

The Ticket counts on Rush matches default to ridiculous lows so playing attackers is close to impossible. I think I've won on the attacking team maybe twice out of dozens of matches that sometimes last all of 5 minutes while defending is almost a certain win.

Domination is a COD wannabe POS mode. The Rush maps suck. Everything is for Conquest. All the other maps are just shoehorned into that template.

Many of the maps are over crowded in a 64 player game.

The boost packs are COD 101.

I can't get excited about playing this game right now. It feels like a chore.

What an utter disappointment. I don't care if it looks pretty.

I do feel like its going to have all the issues bf3 had after a few months, already can see how heli's will once again dominate soon.
Heck I hit a attack heli with 2 rpg's, didnt even start smoking.

I've always felt that if you want be really competitive at BF, you turn everything down to low, guarantees slick frame rates and less garbage on the screen, making it easier to spot enemies. Pretty sure they do that with SC2 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom