• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekku

Just unlocked the M416... and yeah it's pretty good. x)

OGy.png

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Maybe when COD: Ghost Doge is release I should make a BF4 vs Ghosts Graphics Comparison thread.

I make very few threads and those I do make drop off the front page faster than a speeding bullet so I have a reputation to uphold.

lol,

I'd gladly take some Titan'ified 4K BF4 screenshots to add to that thread!

k4n3

Banned
so has anyone found any OP guns yet, i know bf3 had the m16a3. i just unlocked the AEK working on getting it pimped out :)

derExperte

Oh look another server crash.

I can't remember but was BF3 this unstable (including servers) in the beginning? I can barely play a round without a problem and Shanghai crashs every single time to a soundloop, their forum is full with complaints too. And in the beta thread people said 'don't complain so much, it's just the beta'...

Should I even try to play recon with DMRs? Or should I just stick with assault and guns that can actually kill people?

DMR's are made for Hardcore - where they're great fun. Otherwise they're kind of worthless. They don't shoot fast enough to win any close engagements and they don't do enough long-range damage to kill the guy before he starts evading.

I can't remember but was BF3 this unstable (including servers) in the beginning? I can barely play a round without a problem and Shanghai crashs every single time to a soundloop, their forum is full with complaints too. And in the beta thread people said 'don't complain so much, it's just the beta'...

No. BF3 was a better launch. Probably DICE's best.

daedalius

DMR's are made for Hardcore - where they're great fun. Otherwise they're kind of worthless. They don't shoot fast enough to win any close engagements and they don't do enough long-range damage to kill the guy before he starts evading.

Normal mode seems dominated by automatic weapons. I don't even remember them being this strong in bf3

Serra

If someone can make a emblem that features a huge penis jizzing onto a swastika, that would probably force me to buy this game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Conquest is all that matters.

Even in Conquest it's stupid. Squad-leader is going for the lone flag to attack while the three flags are being attacked themselves? Good fucking luck hoofing it to B/C on the far end of the map from your spawn if the squad-leader gets taken out.

Sure, there's spawn beacons to replace that kinda but it's just a stupid idea all around if you can't get "back to the battle" quickly for Conquest, Rush, or Obliteration.

RedBoxed this morning,
DICE really has to work on their open betas.
besides just beta problems, the maps and unlocks had me extremely worried.
im actually having a good time(and on current gen at that) unlike the beta were everything felt like a chore.

graphics still pretty meh though.

With all the new customization options why did they cut down on all the soldier camo?

k4n3

Banned
some of these emblems im seeing in game are pretty amazing ive found a few videos on youtube of guys making them i dont have the talent or patients for this stuff lol

TheSeks

So? This game just devolves in to teams butting heads at one point before zerging on to the next point to butt heads again. It's shitty design. If there was an actual consequence to loosing a squad leader people might not be so willing to blankly run in to every point like a moron.

You could say the same as Squad-leader spawn about "zerging onto the next point to butt heads again." Punishing players isn't going to stop them from doing that, just frustrate them and make them stop playing the game.

Frankly, Conquest is the only mode where it sort-of makes sense, but again: Stupid to restrict spawning to one person when that squad-leader probably isn't going to go the way you want to go.

For Obliteration, Defuse, Rush, CTF, TDM: It makes no sense. You should be able to spawn on whoever has the most advantageous position. And I'd say it's the same for Conquest. That's why most people push back on that idea: It restricts you to having to pray your squad-leader will hang-back and give you an advantageous position to spawn on when most won't because most people have no sense to hang-back and command and stay alive.

So, in short: Nice idea, but stupid in execution and I won't mourn it passing.

Bailers

There's an awful part in the second mission where you have to lay mines around two patrolling tanks. It's one of the worst parts I've played in any first person shooter this entire generation, you would probably hate it. It's not difficult, it's just bad.

Thanks for the warning. I'll probably finish the game, just because I want the trophies.

The only reason I started it last night was the servers kept dropping my connection last night on the PS3. Didn't matter if I was playing or commander, dropped or lagged horribly in every match I tried playing.

TheSeks

Thanks for the warning. I'll probably finish the game, just because I want the trophies.

The only reason I started it last night was the servers kept dropping my connection last night on the PS3. Didn't matter if I was playing or commander, dropped or lagged horribly in every match I tried playing.

I seriously have no clue why Anti had problems with that part.

Playing on Hard, I just rushed up C4'd. Layed a few mines on the road (weak ones, not the default BIG AT mines), thinking the tank will go through the park. It did, disabled or harmed. Ran up to it and C4'd it again and pushed to the bridge. End level.

*yawn* AI didn't do shit.

antitrop

It's not hard, I beat it in 2 minutes, it just fucking sucks. Shouldn't be in the game, it's lame, not fun. Silly, dumb, trivial, and inane.

derFeef

It's not hard, I beat it in 2 minutes, it just fucking sucks. Shouldn't be in the game, it's lame, not fun. Silly, dumb, trivial, and inane.

It doesn't even make sense. Where the hell is the second tank coming from?
Worst part of the game for sure.

Overdoziz

Banned
These are all the controller support issues I can think of at the moment:

-Controller isn't recognized if not turned on before game launches
-Left trigger is permanently bound to 'hold for freelook' in air vehicles and 'zoom' in ground vehicles
-Right joystick has to be clicked and hold to do anything while the left stick is instant when clicked
-No controller button prompts in-game or in the menus
-No toggle for vehicle boost
-Impossible to get to the advanced video settings
-Impossible to navigate the weapon/ammo menu in campaign
-Impossible to back out of the options menu which also means no way to save changed settings
-Impossible to reach the kit customize menu
-Impossible to reach the weapon customize menu
-Impossible to switch between the vehicle and infantry tab in the kit customize menu
-Impossible to navigate the team setup menu

It's like they were working on proper controller support and just stopped halfway. It's really strange.

TheSeks

Eh, it teaches players how to take tanks out with more than RPG's. Basically multiplayer training wheels.

Like I said before: That's how the single-player feels for me. If DICE refined it a lot more to where it was less set-pieces and people had to use kit items and stuff like that in scenarios like that but tweaked to where it's less brain-dead AI and aim-bot AI on Hard... it'd be a good single-player training wheel to multiplayer.

These are all the controller support issues I can think of at the moment:

-Controller isn't recognized if not turned on before game launches
-Left trigger is permanently bound to 'hold for freelook' in air vehicles and 'zoom' in ground vehicles
-Right joystick has to be clicked and hold to do anything while the left stick is instant when clicked
-No controller button prompts in-game or in the menus
-No toggle for vehicle boost
-Impossible to get to the advanced video settings
-Impossible to navigate the weapon/ammo menu in campaign
-Impossible to back out of the options menu which also means no way to save changed settings
-Impossible to reach the kit customize menu
-Impossible to reach the weapon customize menu
-Impossible to switch between the vehicle and infantry tab in the kit customize menu
-Impossible to navigate the team setup menu

It's like they were working on proper controller support and just stopped halfway. It's really strange.

It's DICE telling you to stop playing with a controller, you newbie. :p

I'll have to plug in my DS3 and see if I can fix some of those if I can be assed...

b0neshank

Banned
Quick question:

I rented this game to play on the PS3 until Nov 15th. Will My Soldier carry over to the PS4? I have never played one of the Battlefield series cross platform like this.

TheSeks

I would be perfectly fine if they literally just turned the single player campaign into "boot camp".

All they have to do is make the multiplayer maps the campaign in singleplayer. Just like BF1942/BF2 did. Why there is no "offline with bots" now a days, I dunno... is it really that hard to program bots now a days? :/

I mean a singleplayer CoD campaign mode is fine, and the "Training Range" they have is a nice idea... but if you can't play it offline and train by yourself in comfort (or hell, ignore the multiplayer community and play by yourself in "multiplayer") what is the point?

TheSeks

Quick question:

I rented this game to play on the PS3 until Nov 15th. Will My Soldier carry over to the PS4? I have never played one of the Battlefield series cross platform like this.

Only if you redeem the upgrade pack. Since you rented, you more than likely don't have that, so: No, sorry. Buy the game on disc or digital and then buy the PS4 version for $10 with the upgrade option from that to get your PS3 stats ONE-TIME transferred to the PS4 version.

Whoops, double post.

Samus4145

Eh, it teaches players how to take tanks out with more than RPG's. Basically multiplayer training wheels.

Like I said before: That's how the single-player feels for me. If DICE refined it a lot more to where it was less set-pieces and people had to use kit items and stuff like that in scenarios like that but tweaked to where it's less brain-dead AI and aim-bot AI on Hard... it'd be a good single-player training wheel to multiplayer.

It's DICE telling you to stop playing with a controller, you newbie. :p

I'll have to plug in my DS3 and see if I can fix some of those if I can be assed...

The worse one is Battlelog is bound to left stick click when using DS4. You can't change it.

Fistwell

I'm getting random BSOD's in the MP, which is crazy cause the SP runs like a dream.
Hot damn. For me it "only" freezes, cant alt+tab out of it, need to bring up task manager, kill process. Havent tried the SP. Is it worth it for the rewards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom