• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0n44m

just did some 32 players matches in hopes of having stable servers, it worked out actually

the IFV is actually a nice little tank hunter on Rogue Transmission, once you unlock and equip the TOW missiles and the armor piercing ammo. The tanks are usually too busy fighting each other, so I drove around the chaos and destroyed them from behind. Also took out a couple of choppers that were dropping squads on rooftops. If they do start to target you, just race between some hills and hide :p

Christ, this is unplayable for me. If I manage to get into a game, I get an amazing amount of rubber banding and sound cut outs on a lot of maps. Thank fuck I didn't pay full price for this. Looks like it'll be screwed for at least a couple of patches.

I've seen people saying BF launches are always buggy, but it's never been this bad for me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Got a rough capture of new Caspian's layout. Old on the left, new on the right. Layout is generally unaltered, though it looks stylistically more like autumn. Flags are in the same locations, terrain looks very similar.

Two big changes:
1) There is now a massive wall built along the map long ditch separating D and E from everything else. Seems hard to penetrate, though there's big military gateways to get through where the two roads connect.
2) Flag E tower has been moved to D, the hill. Doubles as a levolution event, wherein it explodes and crashes through the wall, opening up new holes for vehicles to move through.

caspianmduxr.jpg

2) Flag E tower has been moved to D, the hill. Doubles as a levolution event, wherein it explodes and crashes through the wall, opening up new holes for vehicles to move through.

You're mixing up your flags. A was the Antenna tower and E is the gas station. B is checkpoint, C is forest and yeah D is the hill.At least on PC it was

It sounds like it will slow down the map though if there's a wall blocking things. Will wait to play it to see. I've played SO damn much of Caspian and it's my favourite BF map ever, so I hope they didn't botch it

Heysoos

Boy, people really don't like it when I go on C4 suicide runs against those armored boats... but fuck them. My missiles don't do shit against those boats so I have to resort to this.

K.Sabot

They need to nerf the range on the recon's infinite range life detection vision.

Who needs 3d spotting when you can see every living thing from 1000 meters away?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You're mixing up your flags. A was the Antenna tower and E is the gas station. B is checkpoint, C is forest and yeah D is the hill.At least on PC it was

You're right, but I wanted to use the map in my picture as a reference point. But yeah, wall across the ravine blocking off field between the antenna tower and petrol station from the rest of the map. Tower moved to hill, can fall through the wall.

Remmy2112

They need to nerf the range on the recon's infinite range life detection vision.

Who needs 3d spotting when you can see every living thing from 1000 meters away?

You mean with the PLD? *gasp* Is there actually a Recon doing his job and marking faraway targets for his team? NERF!

EatChildren

That wall is a bigger change than I was expecting. Granted, all I was expecting was Caspian as is with a new coat of paint and some kind of antenna levolution. But that wall will impact the flow of the map a bit. Hopefully for the better, but eh. Battlefield map design is always at its worst when it's dicking about with bottlenecks, and now Caspian has two (pre-levolution). Looking forward to trying it for myself.

Will be interesting to see what they do to Firestorm, given that was my favourite Battlefield 3 map.

You're right, but I wanted to use the map in my picture as a reference point. But yeah, wall across the ravine blocking off field between the antenna tower and petrol station from the rest of the map. Tower moved to hill, can fall through the wall.

Really interesting. So will the Russian side be able to go left arounf that to get the Checkpoint? or will this funnel everyone through D?

It really does break up the map better because normally people spawn in on the Russian side, take E and then can rush straight to B and engage the US side really quickly and a good enough team will lock them down fast. So this might be good.

BUT will this not make tower camper snipers be able to take out guys in spawn bases easier? I mean now they're right in the middle with both spawns in sight on top of a hill now making the tower even taller.

Just got annihilated on a game of Obliteration I think it's called..new gametype, one bomb type though. Anyways it was pretty frustrating to lose that badly, our team was way disorganized and not one of us played great.

The crazy part is I actually didn't mind. Usually if get beaten that badly at a game I just switch to a different game. But now I just want to play more BF4 and improve. I think DICE got me hooked.

kanuuna

Christ, this is unplayable for me. If I manage to get into a game, I get an amazing amount of rubber banding and sound cut outs on a lot of maps. Thank fuck I didn't pay full price for this. Looks like it'll be screwed for at least a couple of patches.

I've seen people saying BF launches are always buggy, but it's never been this bad for me.

Pretty much sums up my experience thus far as well. Glad I didn't spend money upgrading my PC for this either.

On the occasion I do get on a server that works on surface level, I find that the game has a lot of BF3's issues, the most notable being the latency in firefights. You make it to cover while being shot at, but die 0.5 seconds after you've made it out of the line of fire into cover. You face an enemy at close range, and both of you unload your arsenal at each other, and neither one walks away - you shoot him and get the kill, and right after the game has registered yours, he gets his.

One would usually chalk this one up to 'one or both of you were lagging, it's not the game', but I don't think so. It's an issue that's been there since BC2.

EatChildren

Really interesting. So will the Russian side be able to go left arounf that to get the Checkpoint? or will this funnel everyone through D?

It really does break up the map better because normally people spawn in on the Russian side, take E and then can rush straight to B and engage the US side really quickly and a good enough team will lock them down fast. So this might be good.

BUT will this not make tower camper snipers be able to take out guys in spawn bases easier? I mean now they're right in the middle with both spawns in sight on top of a hill now making the tower even taller.

I'm pretty sure there's two openings but otherwise no way around the wall as it extends into restricted zones. Unless I missed something. Though I guess it will put a bigger emphasis on dropping in via air.

Tower snipers will be usurped by a new generation of wall snipers.

why

Seanspeed

Banned
Man, I restarted the campaign so I could take screenshots as I go. So I'm going around, taking several dozen photos through the first two levels with FRAPS. But then I get out of the game and see TWO shots stored in the folder. What. The. Fuck. That's seriously annoying.

Lockon

If you can't stack boosts, then how does it work? If I get 2 x 25% boosts at an hour each, do I get 2 hours @ 25%? Or does only 1 work and the other one just disappears?

Activate one at a time. When in game, push Esc and look to bottom right of the screen, click it and pick your boost.

Well, well well. I spotted the following in the killfeed during the EU vs US event:

AS VAL
L85A2
RPK-74M

If you can't stack boosts, then how does it work? If I get 2 x 25% boosts at an hour each, do I get 2 hours @ 25%? Or does only 1 work and the other one just disappears?

Right, it "overwrites" your current one, so you should wait until it's done until you use the next.

First impressions. Absolutely terrible. Runs like ass and I'm getting the delayed hit registration BF is infamous for way too much. Think you get killed by a single pistol shot from 50 meters away while actually the person that shot you claims to have hit you at least 5 times. In terms of performance the beta was a much better experience for me even though I have a better graphics card now (560 ti vs 760).

Going by this and Caspian, I doubt we can expect any of the actual capture points to change. I bet the levolution revolves around the pipes or the towers at C.

Well the sneak peak before showed them exploding so yeah they're gonna play a part. I imagine a pipeline will drop onto the ground blocking access to some areas with vehicles because most levolution events so far are based around infantry blocking vehicle access or blowing them up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom