• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeeze, so sick of being kicked from games - was just in one where I was ripping shit up, unlocked quite a bit of stuff and all that, but because the BF4 stopped working, all of it was for nothing.
Yay.

Paz

How is it that Dice have failed twice to understand what makes a Call of Duty single player mode fun? Once again they have made an INCREDIBLE series of scenarios & set pieces that blow everything else out of the water in terms of technical excellence, but it all comes off as boring and incomprehensible. If I was to compare them as movies I'd say CoD is "The Rock" and Battlefield is "G.I Joe 2".

I also feel nothing for my character, Recker seems useless and just follows whatever is happening like a hired gun even though he's meant to be the leader at various points, and you are constantly being told to speed up/do things while you are actually waiting for the A.I to move to the next script trigger so even if you wanted to you can't actually lead.

Multiplayer is damn awesome though, and I don't even really like FPS games :p Battlefield is always awesome in Multiplayer.

Bombless

Obliteration is good to get used to the gunplay, that's pretty much it. Also helps getting used to squad play, if you don't stick with your squad you get mowed down non stop.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
FbUM7yM.png

:lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fucking crashes are very frustrating because once you crash you don't get the points you normally would get after the match.

Plumpman

Anyone getting really massive microstuttering? I haven't been able to fix it, tried core parking fix, reduced settings, etc.
It runs silky smooth then just starts jumping to 35fps and back randomly. It makes it extremely hard to play.

Running an EVGA 660GTX 2GB, i7 3.4ghz, 6gb RAM, win7 64bit.

On that note, from what I have played, I really like the levolutions on Rogue Transmission and Dawnbreaker, subtle yet they change the maps in interesting ways.
They just seem too easy to pull off. I wish some of the levolutions were multi-faceted, and maybe had a benefit for one side or the other based on how it plays out?

Just seems wierd that the levolutions aren't triggered naturally in some maps, you have to go out of your way to do them. It should be firefights based around them!

Woo-Fu

Banned
Rogue Transmission is really great. Good size for 64 players, capture points are nicely separated, and the map mixes inner land vehicles and air with infantry pretty well.

Really good map. Putting the mobile AA and the attack copter on control points instead of each base really serves to focus the battles.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Why did it work in beta and not in the final game is the better question.

I feel the same way about Siege of Shanghai crashing half the server when the tower comes down. Seems like any decent revision control system would make it trivial to pinpoint what changed between the beta and now that causes many, many people's clients to crash when the server comes down.

How is it that Dice have failed twice to understand what makes a Call of Duty single player mode fun? Once again they have made an INCREDIBLE series of scenarios & set pieces that blow everything else out of the water in terms of technical excellence, but it all comes off as boring and incomprehensible. If I was to compare them as movies I'd say CoD is "The Rock" and Battlefield is "G.I Joe 2".

I also feel nothing for my character, Recker seems useless and just follows whatever is happening like a hired gun even though he's meant to be the leader at various points, and you are constantly being told to speed up/do things while you are actually waiting for the A.I to move to the next script trigger so even if you wanted to you can't actually lead.

Multiplayer is damn awesome though, and I don't even really like FPS games :p Battlefield is always awesome in Multiplayer.

DICE tries too hard to keep everything super realistic. CoD keep their stuff grounded but it's still completely ludicrous. BF holds itself back too much.

bro1

Banned
Just got the repeating sound and lock up crash on the PC right as I was going Lee Harvey Oswald on the enemy. SUCKS! I had 5 head shots and then crash!

antitrop

Tried my hand at the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor of the US Marine Corps:

KJcaxnJ.png

zGm6gOL.jpg

The Globe needs work, but I kind of like how the rest turned out.

aravuus

The realistic reloading shouldn't be on in non-hardcore games, right? I honestly hate the system so goddamn much. Just played two games with it on, did horribly.

You guys are god damned artists with your emblems.

All I make is lines and dots what the fuck

I'm an artist too
oBYeGCI.png

Well at least it should make some people mad when a newbie like me kills them lol

For people who preordered their Origin key through Amazon, how do I get my preorder battlepack, there was a blurb about it on the page but now its gone and I don't remember what it said ?

Gaz_RB

It's seriously the scripting that ruined it for me. DICE definitely needs to work on that if they're going to keep doing these COD style campaigns instead of going back to what made BC1 and 2 so fun.

And Recker needs to talk more if he's supposed to be the leader. They're like making jokes and asking me questions and I just stare blankly at them.

elyetis

As someone who kept complaining about he current trend in map design since bad company, the game did deliver some good surprise in 'medium sized' map.

But it's a poor consolation to the fact that there is only 1 'big' map; that none of the map are actually well made for 64 player count, 48 is far better ( yet far too few server are for 48 player :/ ).

Needing to unlock everything again ( while it feel slower than in bf3 but I could be wrong ) feel like a chore.

Between the game freeze and loosing sound during the game, the game already proove to be more buggy than bf3 ever was, alpha included.

Campaign was better than bf3 ( from the little I could bear from bf3, ie maybe 1 hour ), but mostly carried by the game technique; bad ia, not so good situations, etc.. and having a mute caracter 'supposed' to be the leader for some part of the campaign felt completly wrong ( you don't say a word, make 0 decision, keep folowing other characters ).
And the final is completly absurd.

Oh and how comes battlelog has now less option than the bf3 one ? no queue for full server ? advanced filter option where you can only choose what you want, not what you don't want ( kill cam, etc.. since there isn't a single hardcore server atm ).

Ubersnug

I'm having alot of fun with the Emblem editor at the moment while I should be working...

emblema5yje3.jpg

Anyone remember silly putty on the amiga?

emblembv7x6y.jpg

antitrop

Needing to unlock everything again ( while it feel slower than in bf3 but I could be wrong ) feel like a chore.

I don't understand how Call of Duty players can do it every single year... with Prestige on top of that.

After Modern Warfare 2, even, I was like... okay, I'm over unlocking everything all the time.

andymonza

Neo Member
I'm not sure if this mught be of help to anyone, or maybe already reported, anyway.

I found out today that the whole "graphics settings disabled on Win32" is BS.

I'm kind of format lazy, just wanted to give the game a try before formatting to 64bit, and found out that if you change a couple of settings from the libraries-documents-Battlefield4-settings-profsave_profile with a simple .txt editor, when you start the game again the locked Advanced Settings menu is now unlocked, and perfectly working.

Sethos

Banned
By the way, some people are claiming that turning off core parking has reduced their crashes. Not sure if it's true, just if someone's desperate enough to try.

Spookie

And squad-leader spawn was stupid all around because most of the modes don't work for that.

So? This game just devolves in to teams butting heads at one point before zerging on to the next point to butt heads again. It's shitty design. If there was an actual consequence to loosing a squad leader people might not be so willing to blankly run in to every point like a moron.

Dennis

Banned
Maybe when COD: Ghost Doge is release I should make a BF4 vs Ghosts Graphics Comparison thread.

I make very few threads and those I do make drop off the front page faster than a speeding bullet so I have a reputation to uphold.

Gaz_RB

Maybe when COD: Ghost Doge is release I should make a BF4 vs Ghosts Graphics Comparison thread.

I make very few threads and those I do make drop off the front page faster than a speeding bullet so I have a reputation to uphold.

That'd be a bloodbath

edit: speaking of which, I wonder when the COD OT will come.

Sethos

Banned

That would be awesome. Let me know if you need any help, screenshots, photoshops, GIFs, anything. I want to see the outrage.

Dennis

Banned
That would be awesome. Let me know if you need any help, screenshots, photoshops, GIFs, anything. I want to see the outrage.

I mean, people could use the thread to post their best COD and BF4 screens so we can compare and discuss.

I always post the best possible screenshots I can produce for whatever game so I would intended it to be honest comparisons and not some sort of hidden agenda.

If one game turns out to look better than the other then that is fine for putting pressure on devs.

I care about graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom