• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Mahonay

Banned
Its been what, 2 years? If it wasn't done by now, it aint happening.
What? The game runs great on PS4 now. Other maps that did perfom poorly previously on console (like Naval Strike DLC) run smoothly now. They've always improved map performance, therefore I have hopes we'll see the same for Legacy Operations.

What? The game runs great on PS4 now. Other maps that did perfom poorly previously on console (like Naval Strike DLC) run smoothly now. They've always improved map performance, therefore I have hopes we'll see the same for Legacy Operations.

For me this game has been pretty consistently choppy. They say 60fps, i think i hit that 10% of the time, if im lucky. This game is fun and all, but its performance has been consistently average at best.

Mahonay

Banned
For me this game has been pretty consistently choppy. They say 60fps, i think i hit that 10% of the time, if im lucky. This game is fun and all, but its performance has been consistently average at best.
There's certainly still dips here and there but as someone who's played this game since launch for nearly 800 hours now, it performs leaps and bounds better than it did during the first year.

Being a multiplayer shooter that has 64 players with tons of vehicles, explosions, and real time physics calculations, the game runs pretty damn well all things considering on the PS4. To achieve a constant unchanging 60 frames per second, the visuals and physics would have had to of been toned down. For a game that came out at PS4's launch, the extra work DICE has done on this game is amazing.

BF4 was a broken piece of garbage for a good period after launch. It's understandable that some people will never be able to shake off the bad taste left from that absolutely horrible start.

ThisOne

I like the layout of Dragon Valley in Conquest but some of the bases are just a nightmare to clear. Mainly thinking of C.

Also, what's with the ugly textures? They seem to never load all the way. Maybe it's intentional for performance sake since the map is so big.

Dragon Valley has gotten me back into the game. It's a really, really good map. probably one I have no problem hopping into a 24/7 server for.

But as an infantry only guy I'm reminded of how unfun it is when one team is stacked with a bunch of vehicle experts. They just completely control the game. But I guess that's what's great about Battlefield, if you only focus on the small fight that you're taking part in as an individual, you can still do well, even if your team is getting stomped. I dont have to care that A-F are taken right now, my concentration is on clearing these guys off of C and then defending it.

The reason I stopped having fun with the game is because I lost sight of that. I spent too much time running headlong into wherever I thought the most action was. But now that I'm back in a groove of knowing how to play I'm having fun again.

beastlove

Is BF4 still worth buying now? I have always been a cod player but don't like the near future setting of the new ones. Considering getting this (when in psn deal) or the new rainbow 6 game. Which is better?

moojito

The smaller dragon valley is ok, but the 8 point mammoth is a bit too much, I think. Because of the new 400 points for capturing a flag and no increase in defence points, it just turns into a big game of flag whack a mole.

Mahonay

Banned
Is BF4 still worth buying now? I have always been a cod player but don't like the near future setting of the new ones. Considering getting this (when in psn deal) or the new rainbow 6 game. Which is better?
BF4 is a great value now and plays great.

Seems like Rainbow Six Siege is decent as well. I played the beta but it just wasn't what I was looking for, ever though I loved the old R6 games.

Do you want large sprawling chaotic battles, or close quarters tactical encounters? Keep mind for Battlefield you'll want people to play with, it can be a very frustrating game when you lone wolf it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What is classic game mode like? Are there any significant changes? Or just superficial stuff? I mean BF2 was soooo much different than modern.

moojito

What is classic game mode like? Are there any significant changes? Or just superficial stuff? I mean BF2 was soooo much different than modern.

No 3d spotting (ie no orange markers above players' heads, but still on the minimap) is the main difference. Also you can only spawn on fixed points or on your squad leader. Makes quite a difference. I find it hard enough to pick out targets as it is, so it's not really for me.

Ryde3

I just bought Battlefield 4 for PC and when I start it, it's in windowed mode and looks like this:

fwgsr81.jpg

Can anyone help me with this? I can't find anything anywhere on the net I'm going crazy!

It's like the image is doubled up.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I just bought Battlefield 4 for PC and when I start it, it's in windowed mode and looks like this:

fwgsr81.jpg

Can anyone help me with this? I can't find anything anywhere on the net I'm going crazy!

Go get a pair of 3D glasses.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Rainbow Six is nothing like Battlefield or Call of Duty.

Call of Duty is an Arena Shooter.
Rainbow Six is a Tactical Shooter in the vein of Counter-Strike but slightly more hardcore.
Battlefield is a Sandbox Shooter.

Pick your poison.

http://i.imgur.com/fwgsr81.jpg

1) Is your drivers up to date?
2) Check to see if post-processing is on and turn it off. If this is still there, check driver level "force this"-ments (in your GPU panel) for anything weird.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Go in to Nvidia control panel, find stereoscopic 3d and turn it off. There is also a keyboard shortcut but I forgot what it is.

TheSeks

So the new Easter Egg for BF4 on Dragon Valley has been figured out.. DICE LA Camo

But there quite a bit to go through to get it

Jack Frags posted a video

MEH

It isn't the DICE-DICE camo or DICE-DICE paint. AKA: All black, darker guns. Going through a bunch of hoops just to get the DICE-LA camo which I wouldn't use doesn't sound too appealing.

I'll probably do it this weekend if I can remember/care to. And then be driven insane because of trolls/etc. because DICE-LA can't simply give you things.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Amazing that they went through all that work for an easter egg.

Bravo DICE-LA and JJJU

I'm pretty sure Hainan Resort still runs like ass. Perhaps not as bad as before.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm pretty sure Hainan Resort still runs like ass. Perhaps not as bad as before.
After the sides of the hotel collapse it's fucking real bad anywhere near the center of the map. Played a bunch yesterday and definitely noticed just how bad the frame rate gets. At least the game doesn't completely freeze for a few seconds now as it's collapsing?

Kabuto

After the sides of the hotel collapse it's fucking real bad anywhere near the center of the map. Played a bunch yesterday and definitely noticed just how bad the frame rate gets. At least the game doesn't completely freeze for a few seconds now as it's collapsing?

It's been a while since they fixed the frame drops when you activated the levolution on PC, but I loved activating it when we were losing to make the entire server go nuts in chat hahah.

TheSeks

BF4 Premium Edition XB1 on sale again lol

$24 this time

You're forgetting Capricorn's dogtag is available now as well. ;)

i just like the look.

Eh, it's not worth the hour or two going around a huge map to hit buttons while someone stays at the center to see what lights up/doesn't light up. So you can then get a morse-code personalized code to unlock the damn thing for yourself.

As much as the bow hunt was bullshit in regards to the dogtag, at least once you've had ONE, and the phantom program was done: You then only needed to find three others with one of the other levels tags and then enter the same code everyone knew to get the damn bow. :|

MANGOD

Banned
I bought this for the premium deal on xbone and still cant believe after all these years there is still not a fix for the bug at the end of the first mission in the capmaign. The part that you have to shoot the helicopter while playing on hard is still broken! FUCK EA/DICE that is an absolute joke

WillyFive

I bought this for the premium deal on xbone and still cant believe after all these years there is still not a fix for the bug at the end of the first mission in the capmaign. The part that you have to shoot the helicopter while playing on hard is still broken! FUCK EA/DICE that is an absolute joke

I finished the campaign, but a bug caused one of the levels to not be registered as completed; so I couldn't get the game reward for completing it despite having the achievement for doing so.

Mahonay

Banned
Lol wow, that's impressive the campaign is still broken.

Multiplayer works fantastically now though...for me personally the single player could crash upon launching and I'd be just fine.

I avoided having to play the campaign all together since my last roommate played through it for me. He was pretty unfamiliar with most modern games, playing Battlefield online would be a stretch for him, so he just played through the single player.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
My campaign on the PC is permanently stuck at the second to last level as it crashes every time.

Piggus

BF4 stats is showing the PC version as having a lot of players, but for some reason I see very few servers in my server browser on Battlelog. And practically NONE of the Premium maps show up. Is there a way to force Battlelog to update? Something related to my router settings?

WillyFive

BF4 stats is showing the PC version as having a lot of players, but for some reason I see very few servers in my server browser on Battlelog. And practically NONE of the Premium maps show up. Is there a way to force Battlelog to update? Something related to my router settings?

Click on the down arrow on the black rectangle that says "Search for Servers", click under "Advanced", and make sure you don't have anything checked in that will cause the game to be super specific when looking for servers.

bigf00t

I just picked BF4 Premium up on PC, and I'm looking for some gaffers to play with. I played BC2 a bunch and BF3 a bit, so I'm not too terrible. Cheers!

Origin: bigf00t61

Picked BF4 premium for PS4 yesterday. The number of map is a bit overwhelming lol
I should have picked the game day one :/

But for what I've played, seems like good old Battlefield for me. I'll probably play the shit out of this before Dark Souls 3 comes out.

Oh and question: Is it normal that the first sniper of the scout class is garbage ? Or I'm doing this wrong ?

Edit: and what are those battlepacks ? Everyday you get to open a few ?

Mahonay

Banned
Picked BF4 premium for PS4 yesterday. The number of map is a bit overwhelming lol
I should have picked the game day one :/

But for what I've played, seems like good old Battlefield for me. I'll probably play the shit out of this before Dark Souls 3 comes out.

Oh and question: Is it normal that the first sniper of the scout class is garbage ? Or I'm doing this wrong ?

Edit: and what are those battlepacks ? Everyday you get to open a few ?
Battlepacks unlock overtime as you play and accrue points in game. It's how you unlock extra equipment for your weapons, XP boosts, camos, and decals for your avatar (which you can edit on Battlelog at a computer). You also get Battlepacks specific for whatever weapons you are actively using.

I had trouble with the first sniper gun too but I am a garbage sniper.

Battlepacks unlock overtime as you play and accrue points in game. It's how you unlock extra equipment for your weapons, XP boosts, camos, and decals for your avatar (which you can edit on Battlelog at a computer). You also get Battlepacks specific for whatever weapons you are actively using.

I had trouble with the first sniper gun too but I am a garbage sniper.

Alright thanks. Well I got a lot of XP boost, which is nice. I need to look into the customization next, looks cool.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Alright time to officially play on servers that have some DLC in their rotation. Many gametime cheaters playing on official/ranked servers on PC that its so freaking aggravating

Top Bottom